Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million miler means something

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by rcsgeorgia
That's interesting. With a wife who was a DL FA I've always paid attention to ways to look at the manifest. I made MM over 10 yrs ago" flown regularly since then and have to admit I don't remember ever seeing MM or 2MM on the manifest.
MM is on the manifest but nothing to distinguish 1MM from 2MM from 3MM, etc.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:44 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Was on a flight ORD-ATL last year in FC and the FA announced to us that everyone in FC was an MM. She said, "What do you think that means?", and the guy in 4C said, "It means we have no life!" Everyone laughed, but I guess it sadly is true.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bioidec
Just out of interest, how long has it taken for you MM'ers to reach the status?
I think it was in the 1980's that DL started the MM program. At that time, I was one of 8 people with 3MM.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rcsgeorgia
That's interesting. With a wife who was a DL FA I've always paid attention to ways to look at the manifest. I made MM over 10 yrs ago" flown regularly since then and have to admit I don't remember ever seeing MM or 2MM on the manifest.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
I thought it used to be on there but in the past few months I was able to see the manifests and did not see it noted. Saw my current medallion level but no indication of MM for me or anyone there.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
MM aren't all BIS. They are MQM earned via any means possible.
For some people they are BIS miles ... most of mine were except perhaps some BE bonuses, but I'm not sure we got a BE bonus 10 years ago.

Also, I bet the number of people getting significant bumps in MM mileage from credit cards is relative minor. Most people are going to to be getting, 20 or 30K a year at the most and that doesn't put much of a dent in 1 MM.

It's not like AA who used to add a MM mile for every dollar spent on a CC.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
A diamond for 8 years would get 8 x 125 = 1MM. Many Diamonds get way more than that. Still, I think 1 million is impressive. A true road warrior who started flying in their early 20s could easily do 1MM in 10 years so approaching retirement at 60 would have 4MM. I can see how it is do-able but you must have a job that requires it. The only other way is if you had money left to you or were moderately rich and flying was your hobby.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Aug 3, 2012 at 9:43 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:51 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
A diamond for 8 years would get 8 x 125 = 1MM. Many Diamonds get way more than that. Still, I think 1 million is impressive. A true road warrior who started flying in their early 20s could easily do 1MM in 10 years so approaching retirement at 60 would have 4MM. I can see how it is do-able but you must have a job that requires it. The only other way is if you had money left to you or were moderatley rich and flying was your hobby.
I made DL million miler Friday and ordered my Hartmann luggage gift yesterday. Too bad the million miler flight was a 22 minute flight FWA to DTW took 6 hours and included a misconnect with an extra night in DTW before I got home. It took me about 20 years since I started flying DL to get to million miler, however during that time I have also made 2.5 million miler on AA and million miler on US. I guess I should work on my UA account now to hit a million. I'm working on no bag fees on any airline for life!

Last edited by outoftown; Aug 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:21 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Luggage Tag
I thought it used to be on there but in the past few months I was able to see the manifests and did not see it noted. Saw my current medallion level but no indication of MM for me or anyone there.
I'll have to take a look the next time I fly. On many occasions, I've been thanked for being a MM while on board but when I've had a peak at the manifest, I've never notice 2,3 or 4 noted.
I have had reservation agents say thank you for being a 2MM though.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
The last 3 out of 4 flights I have been on the FA says when above 10000 feet "A special welcome to are DM, PM, GM AND Million Milers - it is like they are trying to emphasize it - which is good.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Sep 9, 2012 at 3:52 am
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:27 am
Suspended

I heard this on one of the four flights this weekend. On an international flight, the purser has come to thank me personally for being a million miler. One said "You must fly as much as we do, except you pay and you get miles".
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler (multi), IHC Spire Royal Ambassador, Avis 1st, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Yeah, I've heard it a few times as well. But, there is no meaningful benefit (other than lifetime status).
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by TJR107
...But, there is no meaningful benefit (other than lifetime status).
But it's no longer guaranteed "lifetime", it's just a recurring annual gift that could be unilaterally withdrawn at any time.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Charter/Former 4 time DL Diamond now Platinum, AAExecPlat, MM+ on three carriers, more ...
If being a MM were so important, they would let them board with the DM, PM and GM. My grandfather, G-d rest his soul, told me that praise from your boss meant nothing, but a raise or a bonus did. If Delta wanted to reward MM, they might give a bit more than words. Priority boarding costs nothing, and would be a nice thank you at retirement for those who spent much of their lives on Delta aircraft. Jeff Robertson, are you REALLY listening? After all, if this is the best program in the world, then why is it that other airlines give boarding priority to their MM?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
In August 2010 I switched to DL from AA and pre merger Continental where I have approximately 600,000 MM miles each and at the time I had 30,000 DL MM miles. Two years later I have 475,000 MM miles in my DL account. So, at this rate, I suspect it will take me five years to reach MM status on Delta. And, yes, I realize the ridiculousness that I have spread the miles over the three main US carriers. Unfortunately, all of it has been job related. Lived in Houston for 7 years -- hence the pre-merger Continental miles. Then went to work for a company that flew me to Asia and AA and its partners were the preferred carrier to Asia. Now doing a lot of Europe flying and DL is the preferred carrier. I figure I will have MM status on all three majors within the next 5 to ten years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.