Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mnbp
First, logon to DL.com. Click on "Go to My Delta", then "View My Profile", then click "Open" for "Basic Info". On the "Basic Info" page there is a section labeled "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Make sure THIS information matches your government-issued ID (presumably a driver license). If your government-issued ID uses your full middle name, list your full middle name. If middle initial, list middle initial. The point is to make this info match your ID.

Second, check an existing upcoming reservation. Bring up the reservation and select "> Passenger Information". You'll see a section labeled "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Make sure this section matches your government-issued ID. Click the check box that says "Save my Secure Flight Passenger Data".

You will want to check each upcoming reservation's Secure Flight Passenger Data until you start to consistently get TSA PreCheck to make sure the data in each reservation record matches your government-issued ID. It is the Secure Flight Passenger Data as saved in each reservation that is sent to TSA for precheck eligibility, which is why you need to check each upcoming reservation to make sure it's right.
Having the secure flight data match a DL does not matter. If the OP were a GE/NEXUS member, then they would want the secure flight data to match what is listed in GOES.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would love to see ALL airport with Precheck require people to show their GE card if their boarding pass doesn't say SP in order to enter that line.

Once precheck becomes more popular, I can see the kettles without GE/Nexus going to the precheck kiosk just because the line is a lot shorter.
Did you know that those of us who joined Global Entry when it was a new program have NO GE cards? Yes, I can buy one for $15, put why should I pay for something that everyone else is getting free now? I do have a CBP sticker in the back of my passport to supposedly identify me as a GE member.

The BEST solution, and the one used at Terminal 1 (United) at ORD, is to have a person scanning EVERY BP at the BEGINNING of the TSA Pre✓ line. DCA does not do this and will let anyone into the TSA Pre✓ line. All I say is "Global Entry" when asked and I'm in.

But I also am a DM with DL and a Premier Plat with UA. So I would only have a problem with your proposal at one of the other airlines. CBP should step up to the plate and issue GE cards to all of us early adopters.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DCBob
Did you know that those of us who joined Global Entry when it was a new program have NO GE cards? Yes, I can buy one for $15, put why should I pay for something that everyone else is getting free now? I do have a CBP sticker in the back of my passport to supposedly identify me as a GE member.

The BEST solution, and the one used at Terminal 1 (United) at ORD, is to have a person scanning EVERY BP at the BEGINNING of the TSA Pre✓ line. DCA does not do this and will let anyone into the TSA Pre✓ line. All I say is "Global Entry" when asked and I'm in.

But I also am a DM with DL and a Premier Plat with UA. So I would only have a problem with your proposal at one of the other airlines. CBP should step up to the plate and issue GE cards to all of us early adopters.
If someone has the sticker on their passport wouldn't that be enough to prove to TSA a person is precheck eligible? And I agree the earlier GE holders should recieve a card for free.

The best option would be to scan every BP and if the person gets one beep they go in the regular line if they don't have sky priority on their BP and the SP line if they do. That practice would discourage the people who have no Precheck access from just going to the Precheck line knowing they will only get one beep but still realizing the line is a lot shorter to go through for screening.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:26 pm

I have a GE interview scheduled at ATL in a few days on my way to Taipei. Just wondering if I'll be able to use it on my return ten days later. Also, do they issue GE ID cards?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Originally Posted by Sam Alfano
I have a GE interview scheduled at ATL in a few days on my way to Taipei. Just wondering if I'll be able to use it on my return ten days later. Also, do they issue GE ID cards?
They take your picture for the ID at the time of the interview. Mine arrived a week or 2 later. I haven't made an international trip yet after getting GE, but don't you need to swipe your card at the kiosk as part of the entry process? So without your card, you wouldn't be able to use the kiosk line.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sam Alfano
As long as you are approved before you return, you should be able to use it. They put a sticker in your passport, and you scan your passport on the return, the card is not required for GE in relation to flights.

The card will come in the mail later.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:58 am

Thanks guys. It'd sure be nice to expedite re-entry after returning from overseas. We recently got TSA PreCheck in New Orleans, so hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of that when I travel.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Anyone know how long it takes from getting Gold Medallion status until you become eligible for Pre-Check? I attained the status over 2 weeks ago and am on my third set of flights since then and have not qualified on any of them. My name is correct on my Secure Flight info for each of my trips.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by travelhive
They take your picture for the ID at the time of the interview. Mine arrived a week or 2 later. I haven't made an international trip yet after getting GE, but don't you need to swipe your card at the kiosk as part of the entry process? So without your card, you wouldn't be able to use the kiosk line.
The card is optional (not everyone has a card). At the kiosk the passport itself is "swiped."
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preffered, Delta GM
Who controls where the PreCheck line is? TSA, Delta, airport? I was in FLL when I arrived I noted which side the Sky Priority line was on (left). SO when I was flying out I went to the priority line (there is non none-priority on the left). When my BP was scanned the agent told me I could have gone through PreCheck, on the Right side. He said the Delta bag drop agent should have told me that.

Not a big issue as liones were short, but if it was a heavy Cruise day/time would you really go to Pre-Check, get denied walk aroun to the other sid to get in sky priority or be tossed in wiht general security?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
FYI to anyone that puts their GE or Nexus number into the Secure Flight info at delta.com.

I realized on my last booking that, without any action on my part, Delta had moved my Known Traveler Number into the "Redress Number" section.

They had also moved my middle name into my first name, so middle was blank and first had "First Middle" in there instead.

Anyone who is not clearing may want to recheck their Secure Flight Passenger Info.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Delta & TSA Pre-Check

I'm interested in getting TSA Pre-Check to make life easier at the airport. I see that you first need the invite from the participating airlines, of which Delta is one. Does this invite come from Delta directly? And is Delta only sending invites to certain Medallion levels (Diamonds/Platinums or just Diamonds) or are they extendeding the invite down to Gold and Silvers as well?

EDIT: I do know you can also get TSA Pre-Check after being cleared for Global Entry. However, I haven't traveled internationally in over four years, don't forsee doing any frequent international travel in the next few years (maybe one or two trips in the next couple years). I also do know military members with proper ID Cards are automatically eligible to use Pre-Check, but it's only at certain airports.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Useful threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pre-check.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...pre-check.html
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
You have some options:

1. Wait and see if DL invites you to join Pre-Check.
2. Call DL and ask how you get invited to join Pre-Check.
3. Sign up for Global Entry and get a Trusted Traveler number.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
You can get pre-check, but still be selected randomly by TSA for standard screening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.