Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
No Global Entry or Nexus for me; just plain old silver.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:27 pm

Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The wife and I ( DM and PM) are GE enrolled, and we got to try it at Logan the other day. A long lecture on how just because the green light came on this time, that doesn't mean it will come on next time etc. And one of you might be OK and the other denied etc.

But what a pleasure... shoes on, belts on, wallet in pocket, computer in bag, and the wife even kept her light jacket on through the metal detector.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Finally got my first PreCheck experience at SLC today. Normally a UA flyer and my normal airports are not PreCheck ready yet, but flew DL SNA-SLC-SNA today (same day turn). Walked up to the standalone scanner they have by the PreCheck entrance, crossed my fingers, and got the blessed triple beep. Got thru in about 30 seconds along with 2 other people. A coworker who had to go in the regular line took about 13 minutes longer and there was basically no line (unlike when I arrived this morning and they looked horrendous). Since I have no DL status, it is because of my GE membership (PassID is in my DL profile).

Note that there is NO description of what to do with the scanner or what you should be looking for to know to go into the PreCheck lane (and no one standing by the scanner). I only knew about the triple beep and LLL because of FT.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
But what a pleasure... shoes on, belts on, wallet in pocket, computer in bag, and the wife even kept her light jacket on through the metal detector.
What a concept, right?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
What a concept, right?
My home airport does not (yet) have Pre-Check, but I was fortunate to stroll right through at LAX yesterday. And the upgrade on the redeye made it a solid two-for-two day...(Only wish LAX T5 and T6 had better food options, but that's another thread altogether.) I'm 3 for 4 at Pre-Check this year--DM only, no GE, no Nexus.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Missed it for the first time ever from DTW last night. I had originally planned on going to MSY and when the flight was cancelled, bought a LAX ticket on Weds. Not sure if it was because I cancelled a ticket and bought this one only a day out or if I have just been lucky in the past. Hopefully I get it going back from LAX sunday
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I just went through Precheck at MSP and I had to take off my shoes.

Of course that's what I get for wearing steel toe shoes...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Got it 1x at LAX then have missed out at the next 5 airports . Worst was at MCO, I had to join the Expert Traveler Lane, which apparently includes 5-year-olds.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm a nobody in terms of status nor do I hold GE, etc. Have had pre check my last three trips this month. Hoping for it again tomorrow .
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
I'm a nobody in terms of status nor do I hold GE, etc. Have had pre check my last three trips this month. Hoping for it again tomorrow .
Were you PM last year? If so, I'm starting to think that Delta doesn't take people off the list when their status drops. I also wonder how often they add names to the list, as reaching GM last year made no difference.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by dcline414
Were you PM last year? If so, I'm starting to think that Delta doesn't take people off the list when their status drops. I also wonder how often they add names to the list, as reaching GM last year made no difference.
Indeed I was PM last year (actually since 2005). But naturally, at TPA now and did not get the 3 beeps for the first time in weeks .
Old Sep 1, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
I was PM last year and got Pre-Check, GM this year and I get 3 beeps every time at a participating airport....No Global Entry or NEXUS
Old Sep 1, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dcline414
I received an email inviting me to participate last year. IIRC I had to respond to some link. They were also handing out brochures in Sept at DTW (TSA was) about the program. At DTW they closed the skypriority lanes on the lower level and when you went upstairs TSA was handing out brochures about the program.

It is my understanding the people eligible were anyone with GE or Nexus or PM or DM members. I was told if I lost my PM status I would still be on the list to use precheck. If someone reaches PM for the first time this year, I am not sure how it is handled as far as being able to use precheck.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
My 4-year-old goes through the expert traveler lane with me. He carries no computer or liquids, no need to remove a belt or watch or shoes--just toss the backpack of Hot Wheels on to the conveyor and he's good to go. Plus if there's a body scanner we get to bypass it for the regular metal detector. He's efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.