Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:38 pm

Last 3 trips with Global Entry but no status... no joy. First trip was a domestic connection to international flight, so.. ok. The other 2 were just short domestic flights. I'm starting to get concerned that I donated my fingerprints and $100 for not much. While the primary benefit is fast entry after international travel, I was expecting a much higher percentage of success with Pre-check.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Anyone have experience with SEA pre-check? I know its down on the Alaska north checkpoint, but havent tried it with Delta credentials. Originally it was just for AS fliers, but I heard it was now open to DL fliers as well. Was wondering what the lines get like there if you dont get 3-beeped.

Last edited by Boony1970; Jul 17, 2012 at 10:54 pm
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by enigmamatt
Another data point...

I had thought one way and tickets purchased less than 72 hours from departure were pretty much guaranteed not to get pre check. But, I bought a one way ticket yesterday and cleared pre check today in ATL.
I think the 72 hour issue is that if your PASSID or other Magic Pre-Check Pixiedust isn't in the PNR in time for the Secure Flight info to be sent to TSA, Delta doesn't resend the PNR to TSA if you add it at check-in. But if you initially book within 72 hours and the PASSID/Pixiedust is on the record, you should be fine.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:59 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
So apparently IAH is going to open Precheck on 7/24. Does anyone know if we can use this if flying on DL? I saw mention of it only in Terminal C.

Could I clear TSA in C and get to the DL gates?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I am 1-1 on Precheck. Worked like a charm this morning at MSP.

Delta747
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Since they have put it in, I am 3-3 at DCA and 3-3 at LGA (when I used the D terminal). There is no pre-check at either LGA C or Marine Air Terminals.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Medeski
More DCA data points. I'm still in a slump at DCA with 6 more no-selections in the past three weeks. Ladies at the Skyclub said they've been hearing a lot of people complaining about missing pre at DCA lately
I got the triple beeps in DCA tonight (making me 1/1), but there was only one TSA agent working the single lane that was open... he was scanning BPs while pax walked through the detector, so I already had my stuff on the belt when I got the Pre-check approval.

I tried leaving my shoes on (and didn't set off the detector), but the agent saw and sent me back to put them on the belt.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:06 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone use the IAH precheck yet?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM
0/8 at SLC
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIA
I have used TSA Pre Check about 20+ times in a row... I was in DTW yesterday and no allowed to use it. I was told by the TSA Agent selection is random. Is that true?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by GoldboxATL
I have used TSA Pre Check about 20+ times in a row... I was in DTW yesterday and no allowed to use it. I was told by the TSA Agent selection is random. Is that true?
The TSA says it's random. I believe that as much as I believe everything else they claim.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
0/8 at SLC
Is that how many wives you have secured?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Got it in BOS this week. My first. I still felt a little dirty. As I'm sure has been stated before, sure, it's a time saver at the checkpoint but it doesn't ever mean I can show up later. All it equates to is extra drinks in the SC.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tkey75
Got it in BOS this week. My first. I still felt a little dirty. As I'm sure has been stated before, sure, it's a time saver at the checkpoint but it doesn't ever mean I can show up later. All it equates to is extra drinks in the SC.
Can you elaborate on how/why you felt "dirty"? I generally feel much cleaner when I don't have to traipse through there in my socks with my pants trying to fall off.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Can someone point me to where you store your passport number with Delta.com? I searched in profile, but only see boxes for Redress and Trusted Traveler, but nothing for passport.
I entered my passport # and dates of expiration etc. when doing online check-in, and the system did remember everything for the return flight. I have no idea whether that means that on my next international flight I will not have to enter the passport # all over again.

As far as express security, I was on a BOS-DTW leg of an international itinerary and was NOT eligible for the quickie line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.