Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Is PM/DM a requirement. I'm GM and have entered by GE number on my profile.
I got it even though I'm just Silver; and I entered the Known Traveler number or whatever on AA's site and got to use the pre-check line at AA's MIA terminal.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
Also, if you have GE or Nexus, I don't believe you need to be pre-selected.
That is correct. TT members need only enter their PASSIDs into their Delta profiles to qualify.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold :-( KLM Gold HH Diamond
us citizens only

Don't forget this is only for US citizens, so green card holders are a no go... I wonder why... I am pretty sure the US government has more info on me than on the average US citizen. I've been fingerprinted and photographed and interviewed etc...
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: DL PM
Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience. Flying DTW - MSP Thurs 1/26.
We'll see what happens.

DTW_newbie
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
So far I'm 1/1 in ATL, 1/3 in DTW (2 misses were both on 1-way tickets, so perhaps that had something to do with it, who knows), and 1/2 in LAS (miss was on an international reservation). When it happens, it's great!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, CO, AA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I got selected at DTW as a GM with no other previous credentials. It really is great. Was on a domestic iten.

edit: Also was a one way. YMNK
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Gripe with GE

OK, So I understand that the selection for Pre-check is "random"...but I flew out of MSP today at 12:20pm...there was ONE xray machine staffed at the SkyPriority lane and 6 million people in line....anyway

Here's my Gripe...why does someone who has done a background check, fingerprinting, interview, etc...have to be randomly selected? when a Gold medallion with no background check is considered more secure? Obviously, I did not get selected, left the skypriority lane, when to check point 6, stood in the regular line, and still got through faster. Rant over.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
Here's my Gripe...why does someone who has done a background check, fingerprinting, interview, etc...have to be randomly selected?
Because we are dealing with the TSA.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
I have been at 100% when flying out of DTW since the program started and really like it. The only problen is that you get "spoiled" and have to go back to the routine on your return trip. With more airports being added, maybe that will become less of an issue.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Not Selected :(

Flew 2 weeks ago. not selected. That makes me 0/13 out of DTW.

DTW_newbie
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DTW newbie
Flew 2 weeks ago. not selected. That makes me 0/13 out of DTW.

DTW_newbie
Did you fill out your Secure Flight Passenger Data profile and select the TSA consent check-box on delta.com? Are your flights all domestic? PreCheck does not apply if you have any international segments. The only time I have missed was when I had an international segment.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 11, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Are your flights all domestic? PreCheck does not apply if you have any international segments. The only time I have missed was when I had an international segment.
There is anecdotal evidence on the AAdvantage forum that if you have a BP for a domestic leg, and there are no more international legs left in your booking, that you are PreCheck eligible. For example, if you were flying SLC-DTW-LHR-DTW-SLC, you would not be eligible on the SLC-DTW leg, but you could be eligible on DTW-SLC.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I never signed up for it, but am PM. In Vegas 2 weeks ago I got directed to the special line and breezed through without barely having to take my pants off or ANYthing. They swept me through it so fast that I was throwing objects from my pockets into the air and catching them on the other end.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
You "opt-in" by entering your Secure Flight Passenger Data in your profile and checking the box to consent to Delta storing it and sharing it with the TSA. If you received the email about the PreCheck program, you have been preselected based on your Delta status and do not need to fill in a Known Traveler Number. Just your name, gender, and birthdate.
No Nexus, Global Entry, or ex-CLEAR for me, nor did I get a DL email - but I'm 100% for pre-check at DTW.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm a PM but no GE or NEXUS and luckilly I am 100% at DTW since they started the program and I LOVE it

Makes clearing security so much easier, just put your cell phone in your back pack and take off my jacket and that's it.

DTW is the only airport where it is in place that I have flown out of so far. I have a LAS trip in two weeks so hopefully I will have goo luck on that flight coming home as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.