Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I noticed upon arrival at IAH this week that Terminal A finally has a PreCheck lane. Does anyone know if it is a full blown, or PreCheck "lite" like some other places have rolled out.
Doesn't matter, Looked on the TSA website and it is only open from 4:30am to 10am. Does me no good for my late afternoon returns. Terminal C it is.
So It really didn't matter as no Pre on my boarding pass coming home Thursday night. To all those "you get Pre 100% if GE" you are wrong. Amusing thing though as I was in the SkyPriority lane this DYKWIA comes huffing up to the front and barks at the TSA agent "where is the PreCheck line" to which the response was there isn't one (well actually it is only open in the mornings). He went stomping off yelling "why do you have signs then" and looked like a 2 yr old who was told he couldn't have ice cream.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
So It really didn't matter as no Pre on my boarding pass coming home Thursday night. To all those "you get Pre 100% if GE" you are wrong. Amusing thing though as I was in the SkyPriority lane this DYKWIA comes huffing up to the front and barks at the TSA agent "where is the PreCheck line" to which the response was there isn't one (well actually it is only open in the mornings). He went stomping off yelling "why do you have signs then" and looked like a 2 yr old who was told he couldn't have ice cream.
I have never not gotten PreCheck. I got PreCheck on Tuesday. Then again on Wednesday. Then again on Thursday. Then again on today. I'm getting it again tomorrow.

To all those "you will be occasionally randomly denied" you are wrong.

Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by monitor
SDF now has "PreCheck Lite." You get the proper paper BP with the pre-check designation, the proper looking phone BP, a line directing you to TSAPre, but they do not yet have it up and running. They give you an orange card at the podium after reading the BP which tells you that you need to take out your computer and liquids but do not need to take off your shoes.

So this allows you to make believe that you are sort of Pre in the regular lane with everyone else while you need to do everything they do except you don't need to take off your shoes.
Same thing in HSV this past Sunday - "Precheck Lite".

Also, I checked in at LAS yesterday to check a bag, and I then scanned the resultant BPs. No TSA Precheck. I then went back to the kiosk and printed another BP. This one had TSA Precheck and scanned normally. So it appears that the problem with getting Precheck with agent printed BPs still exists.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Wait is their MCO "integration" only at gates 1-59? Which is to say is the Clear line on the Delta side still in the middle of the queues...far away from PreCheck? Not that I care. I think I used clear once this year, at SFO. SFO now has PreCheck, plus Clear is closed half the time because I'm on a red eye.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jackal
I have never not gotten PreCheck. I got PreCheck on Tuesday. Then again on Wednesday. Then again on Thursday. Then again on today. I'm getting it again tomorrow.

To all those "you will be occasionally randomly denied" you are wrong.

I was on the same boat as you until I hit the LAX-JFK segment of my trip after flying in the night before from HND a few weeks ago. No PreCheck (when available) for the first time ever.

Don't poke the bear.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BOS had the longest line I've yet seen there yesterday, close to 30-40 people in line for precheck a little before 4pm on Thursday, 10/24.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wizzy
BOS had the longest line I've yet seen there yesterday, close to 30-40 people in line for precheck a little before 4pm on Thursday, 10/24.
Today it was 70 people deep around 330pm. They need to go back to a dedicated lane...
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:38 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Even if her boarding pass were not indicating PreCheck, she can use the PreCheck line with any adult who is eligible for PreCheck screening.
I clearly mentioned that in my post (under 13's do not need pre-check with a parent).

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Today it was 70 people deep around 330pm. They need to go back to a dedicated lane...
Thursday, 10/24, 6.05PM'ish BOS (catching the 7.20PM DL230 BOS-AMS), TSA Pre-Check line @BOS had zero/nada/zilch on the line (one person did come up, right after my daughter and I showed ID). FWIW, the main security lines were jammed with people.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Thursday, 10/24, 6.05PM'ish BOS (catching the 7.20PM DL230 BOS-AMS), TSA Pre-Check line @BOS had zero/nada/zilch on the line (one person did come up, right after my daughter and I showed ID). FWIW, the main security lines were jammed with people.
It appears Airserv and the randomizers are what is causing the back up at BOS. This is what i dealt with about 30 min ago at BOS Terminal A

The line to get into line. Long line blocking the dedicated precheck lane. I walked straight into the pre line passing the Airserv employee. she yelled at me for not showing her my BP. I turned around and told her I was precheck and she said i still need to show her my boarding pass. I told her she wasnt tsa and continued walking . Got my 3 beeps and went through.

This is the view of what was causing the backiup. You can see the green arrow of the radomizer in the background.

I know it isn't Delta who is approving people for pre but they are 100% responsible for the backup caused by how everything is arranged and how Airserv is manning the lines prior to the randomizer (technically they are running the randomizer line as well)
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Hertz PC
Is there any way to figure out why you're not getting pre-check? Before the craziness of this new 85% goal, I never really thought about it as I'm Gold and not GE. Now that literally everyone and their mother is getting it, I'm concerned that I am not. I've traveled every week for work for a while now and I've held Secret and Top Secret clearances, so I'm curious (and nervous) about why I don't get the three beeps ever.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Nikki30M
Is there any way to figure out why you're not getting pre-check? Before the craziness of this new 85% goal, I never really thought about it as I'm Gold and not GE. Now that literally everyone and their mother is getting it, I'm concerned that I am not. I've traveled every week for work for a while now and I've held Secret and Top Secret clearances, so I'm curious (and nervous) about why I don't get the three beeps ever.
Why not just get Global Entry? It's so cheap (or free, for AMEX Platinum); then you don't have to ever worry. (since, even if for some reason your boarding pass doesn't list TSA PreCheck, if you have KTN you can still always use the line)
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Nikki30M
As I've mentioned about a dozen times in this thread, it may have to do with how your name is entered into the Secure Name data field. Even if it appears to be correct, there may be something invisible in the data field. Call DL at the number that appears next to the Secure Name data field in your profile and ask them to reenter your name. You will get some push back from them. You may need to get a supervisor on the phone. They will tell you it's not DL, it's the government, but ask them to change it just for kicks and giggles. This seems to take care of the problem for many people.

Prior to my having an issue, I was at close to 100% on getting Pre-Check, since its inception. During the weeks I was having the problem, I was at 0%. Since requesting the change, I'm back at 100%, without having to pay for GE or having to go through an interview.

For some reason, people on this thread will insist life will be better if you pay for GE. IME, it's unnecessary. These are the same people who have been predicting those who don't pay will not get PC in the future, but we now see there is no movement to limit PC to those who haven't paid; in fact, the floodgates are being opened. If you are going to be traveling internationally, GE might be a good idea. If your travels are domestic, try the free name change first. It has worked for many of us.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I tweeted Delta Assist about the long line when I first arrived and received a reply that the station manager was notified. During the same time a red coat walked by and said something to the contract worker like "Is this precheck? They're supposed to go right through!"

I wonder if someone from DL did something to help, or if the rush of people normally that occurs around that time of day tailed off.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:10 am

I tweeted Delta Assist about the long line when I first arrived and received a reply that the station manager was notified. During the same time a red coat walked by and said something to the contract worker like "Is this precheck? They're supposed to go right through!"

I wonder if someone from DL did something to help, or if the rush of people normally that occurs around that time of day tailed off.
I tend to arrive at that time, after 6PM (to catch the 7.20PM BOS-AMS flight); and there was nobody at the TSA Pre-Check sign, but even if there was, I tend to just walk through to the TSA Pre-Check ID checker. When I did get to the podium, there was nobody there (for a moment), but I did see 3 TSA employees at the (empty) Pre-Check screening line. A TSA employee did show up (at the podium) very quickly after I appeared to be just standing there.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I think the scanner at SFO beeped three times, 3 to 1, over single beep this morning....

People in front of me taking off shoes and acting confused....

Thanks TSA for ruining the one good thing you had going for you... Typical government program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.