Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Look, all I'm saying is that from what I've seen the evidence seems to indicate that those without Global Entry and a trusted traveler number do not have as consistent of an experience getting Pre-check as those that do.
IME - 100% Pre-Check since it started, with one exception, until DL monkeyed with my name in May. 0% for two weeks, until I got my name corrected. 100% since then. (26 flights since 6/12/13)

This board is full of posts from people who went to 0% when they got GE. Just like with my experience, it seemed to be an issue on how the name was put into the system. It doesn't seem to be any conspiracy to penalize those who didn't have to pay to show they are trustworthy.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
IME - 100% Pre-Check since it started, with one exception, until DL monkeyed with my name in May. 0% for two weeks, until I got my name corrected. 100% since then. (26 flights since 6/12/13)

This board is full of posts from people who went to 0% when they got GE. Just like with my experience, it seemed to be an issue on how the name was put into the system. It doesn't seem to be any conspiracy to penalize those who didn't have to pay to show they are trustworthy.
Why do may people say everything was fine until Delta messed with my name. Why do they mess with someone's name? Does not make sense. Is it Delta or companies like Concur, etc?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by puntamita
Why do may people say everything was fine until Delta messed with my name. Why do they mess with someone's name? Does not make sense. Is it Delta or companies like Concur, etc?
Not sure specifically who does the messing, but it is corrected by calling DL at the number above. Maybe it is another company working with DL.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:33 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DrJohn999
08-22-2013, at IAD Pre-check after the annoying double-look at my boarding pass on iPhone (first to let you into the non-existent line and second to actually check your ID vs boarding pass), a different kind of beep sounded when I passed thru the metal detector. I automatically did a 180 and went thru the metal detector again, but that wasn't the reason.

A TSA agent then swiped my palms and tested for (I guess) explosive or drug residue. No problem, result was negative. The timing was such that my carry-on with laptop etc hadn't yet passed thru the x-ray, so I am assuming the check was a random-timed one much like they (used to? -- haven't gone there in years) have in Mexico City with the red-light green-light for screening on arrival.

Anyone else run into this lately? Or do I just fit an explosive profile?
This is supposed to be random. But apparently I should play the lottery. I trigger this second screening 75% of the time. I asked if it is truly random or if the man behind the curtain chooses who to go to secondary. They would not answer.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
This is supposed to be random. But apparently I should play the lottery. I trigger this second screening 75% of the time. I asked if it is truly random or if the man behind the curtain chooses who to go to secondary. They would not answer.
There is a comedian who plays the LV circuit called the Amazing Jonathan. He has a bit where he says (paraphrasing). "I could have picked the right hand or the left hand. I picked the right hand proving that it is random..."
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
I've been PreCheck 100% of the time until my last 10 segments. Now, nothing. I've double checked all my secure flight information and all appears correct.

Any suggestions? I was originally added by DL.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
I've been PreCheck 100% of the time until my last 10 segments. Now, nothing. I've double checked all my secure flight information and all appears correct.

Any suggestions? I was originally added by DL.
Did you call DL and ask them to change your secure name? There may be something in the field you cannot see that is causing the error.

Also, a coworker thinks she had the problem because her information was not auto-populating in the fields when she purchased her tickets. Are you checking to be sure the information is there when you purchase? (Assuming you are purchasing on DL.com)

Finally, if you are purchasing from a third-party site, is your name pulling over correctly?

Other than those things, I dunno...
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:18 am

I had DL re-enter my info in the secure fields, despite it looking correct online. This AM when I checked in for my flight to JAX tomorrow still no blue square on my app BP any longer.

I only purchase on DL's website. Info always appears correct but I do double check it.

Lastly, this all started happening after the first half of a trip to LGA a few weeks ago. So I am of the opinion it has nothing to do with the checkout process at booking, as my trip's origin was all fine.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
I had DL re-enter my info in the secure fields, despite it looking correct online. This AM when I checked in for my flight to JAX tomorrow still no blue square on my app BP any longer.

I only purchase on DL's website. Info always appears correct but I do double check it.

Lastly, this all started happening after the first half of a trip to LGA a few weeks ago. So I am of the opinion it has nothing to do with the checkout process at booking, as my trip's origin was all fine.
After I had DL enter the secure info again, it did not work on the one ticket already purchased, but did subsequently work on future tickets purchased. There was also a two week break between flights. (Vacation)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:01 am

I guess we will see. I've got 20 segments over the next two weeks. Ill report back.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Did you call DL and ask them to change your secure name? There may be something in the field you cannot see that is causing the error.

Also, a coworker thinks she had the problem because her information was not auto-populating in the fields when she purchased her tickets. Are you checking to be sure the information is there when you purchase? (Assuming you are purchasing on DL.com)

Finally, if you are purchasing from a third-party site, is your name pulling over correctly?

Other than those things, I dunno...
+1. Known traveler number used to always auto-populate when purchasing on-line until about a month ago. Since then I have had to manually enter it. LAX-ATL weekly, 100% pre-check since getting GE. Prior to GE enrollment, 0% success.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Pre-Check Qualification Criteria - Should I be Eligible?

This has been bugging me for a couple of months now. Despite several hours spent searching I cannot find anything definitive about who should qualify for Pre-check.

I am a segment flyer. I am currently at 96 MQ Segments and 51K MQM for the year. This means I am Gold by both segments and MQM. Should that qualify me? When I get platinum on Segments next week, would that qualify me? Or do I have to hit 75K MQM?

I've received contradictory information from several sources. Some FT threads say that even Silver are getting PC. The TSA line-officers at the airport have told me I have to hit 75K MQM.

@DeltaAssist said that I have to wait for an invitation email. Which is curious, because I wasn't receiving my "You've been upgraded" emails, so maybe I missed the invitation email? If so, how do I get another invitation email? Is there anything magical about that email other than instructions to fill out your secure flight data?

To save some time:
Yes - My secure flight data matches my ID which matches my Delta profile.
No - I cannot go the global entry route due to personal financial constraints, so please lets not go there even though it is so worth $100 and you cannot understand why anyone with my travel profile wouldn't fork it over
Yes - I will eventually sign up for the AMEX platinum to get the $100 GE fee rebated once my credit situation improves, but that doesn't help me avoid the lines *now*
Any help from the community is *greatly* appreciated.

Gloob
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thank you to all who commented before. It inspired me to make a change on my own account to improve Pre-Check %.

I have 5 trips booked and only two with the correct name information.

One ticket has FirstMiddle Last, another has First Last, and the FirstMiddleMr Last.

I was told that I needed to pay $50 per ticket to get them issued. I hate doing it, but I dropped "even if I'm Platinum"? That started a call to a supervisor who is in the process of reissuing one of the tickets. Hopefully that doesn't screw up anything.

I'll let you know how my percentage is after these trips. I hope it improves.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
I am with you and have not seen a pre-check and am now plaitnum and fly in and out of SAN, ATL and BOS all year and nothing for me.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gloobnib
The TSA line-officers at the airport have told me I have to hit 75K MQM.
I wouldn't trust any information given to me by a TSA employee. I'm not sure how they would even know what an MQM is let alone the amount that you would need to qualify for pre-check.

I would try sending a nice letter to Delta's headquarters asking for an invitation to pre-check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.