Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:31 am
mdb

Likely your name was changed or your know traveler number has been deleted - both would be in you record - you need to look to be sure all is correct within your secure passenger data on DL.com
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL GM
I thought the same thing as well, as in the past 3 months my % has dropped to 0% with Delta. I called them today that everything was in my record properly, as online i saw nothing out of place.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:44 am
mdb

middle name good? Also check to see if your tickets are ok - both names and number
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:45 am

More importantly didn't get PreCheck at BWI as the lane was closed by 7:30am yesterday. Gee, I hope DL doesn't pay TSA for that.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta PM/CRC/AMEX
Declining DL TSA Precheck percentage

my known traveler number is currently blank in my profile. delta automatically enrolled me in the TSA precheck program. how do i find out my known traveler number? Delta apparently doesn't know it.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I've noticed during the checkout process that DL seems to mess with the format of your name... Seems like they're trying to align your SM account name, the name on your ticket, the name on your credit card, and your secure flight information. Usually after booking my ticket, I go back in and correct the Secure Flight info on the ticket.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:51 am

My coworker became Gold 4 months ago and PM long enough ago that he has his bag tags and he has not gotten PreCheck so he talked to Delta and they told him to change something in his address.

I looked and his secure flight information was correct. tickets booked in the same name as his secure flight data.

I wonder why changing his address would change anything (his address is a US address so the country would not be an issue)
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by LKD23
my known traveler number is currently blank in my profile. delta automatically enrolled me in the TSA precheck program. how do i find out my known traveler number? Delta apparently doesn't know it.
you don't have one. Those are for people with Global Entry.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta PM/CRC/AMEX

I called Delta and they claim i should have a known traveler number even if I'm not enrolled in Global Entry. They said they don't know it, but you should be able to save it in your profile. They gave me a number to call TSA so I could get the number and enter it in my profile for future flights. No idea if this is accurate.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Is you received pre-check via delta then you won't have a known traveler number. If you signed up for global entry/sentri/nexus you have a known traveler number
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LKD23
I called Delta and they claim i should have a known traveler number even if I'm not enrolled in Global Entry. They said they don't know it, but you should be able to save it in your profile. They gave me a number to call TSA so I could get the number and enter it in my profile for future flights. No idea if this is accurate.
A case of someone at Delta telling you something that they have no idea what they are talking about. Did you do a TSA Interview and fill out all the paper work and get finger printed? If not, you do not have a Global Entry number.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:53 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
A case of someone at Delta telling you something that they have no idea what they are talking about. Did you do a TSA Interview and fill out all the paper work and get finger printed? If not, you do not have a Global Entry number.
Are some just getting random Pre w/out a known number? Interesting, guess I was not aware that was what was going on.

Here is the official guide:
http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck

Last edited by mdb; Aug 23, 2013 at 1:01 pm
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mdb
Are some just getting random Pre w/out a known number? Interesting, guess I was not aware that was what was going on.
Elites Gold and higher (and if memory serves I've seen a few scattered reports of Silvers, but not 100% sure) are enrolled in Precheck if your profile is completed on DL.com. Nexus or GE is another way to do it, or you can apply directly for Precheck now.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
The interview for Global Entry is done with CBP, not TSA.

TSA Pre-√ interviews haven't started yet.

Note this quote from TSA:

Current TSA Pre✓™ participants, including those eligible via a CBP Trusted Traveler Program such as Global Entry, will continue to receive TSA Pre✓™ eligibility. Participants who opted-in through their airline frequent flyer program may want to consider applying for TSA Pre✓™, as they are more likely to be selected for TSA Pre✓™ expedited screening more often if they are vetted via the TSA Pre✓™ application process.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL, UA, lotsa hotels
08-22-2013, at IAD Pre-check after the annoying double-look at my boarding pass on iPhone (first to let you into the non-existent line and second to actually check your ID vs boarding pass), a different kind of beep sounded when I passed thru the metal detector. I automatically did a 180 and went thru the metal detector again, but that wasn't the reason.

A TSA agent then swiped my palms and tested for (I guess) explosive or drug residue. No problem, result was negative. The timing was such that my carry-on with laptop etc hadn't yet passed thru the x-ray, so I am assuming the check was a random-timed one much like they (used to? -- haven't gone there in years) have in Mexico City with the red-light green-light for screening on arrival.

Anyone else run into this lately? Or do I just fit an explosive profile?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.