Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL: Getting from one concourse to another

Old Feb 20, 12, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,

I'll be going to ATL airport in March and was hoping someone who's been there before could help me.

Can a passenger get from one of the concourses to the others without having to leave and re-enter security multiple times? IE: if a flight lands and i'm in concourse E, can i walk to concourses A, B, C, D or T without having to go through security again?

My first leg will be landing with Delta around 2pm, we'll be shagging our bags, leaving security, re-entering security and taking a flight with AirTran for an 8pm flight. I'm just looking for the best place to eat, and wanted to know which concourses i should be looking in.

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 12, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Yup, there is a great little train that will take you between terminals. Atlanta is shaped kind of like a big tree with straight branches. Train runs right down the middle and drops you at various stops.........or you can walk it......
Here's a map..http://www.airportterminalmaps.com/a...minal-map.html

There is also food in all the terminals, shouldn't have to leave secured areas unless you want to or take a wrong turn.
Old Feb 20, 12, 8:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Assuming you are arriving on a domestic flight, you will not have to clear security again.

You will want to take the train, instead of walking, the distances depending on which terminal you have to get to can be quite long.

This page
http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/terminal/

has terminal maps for each terminal with all the restaurants listed for each one.
Old Feb 20, 12, 8:47 pm

I would highly recommend One Flew South for your place to eat. It is located on the E concourse, to the left as you come up the escalator from the train.

Menus, etc can be found here.

In my opinion, this is the best airport restaurant in the country.

Happy flying.
Old Feb 20, 12, 9:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

The greatest experts re: Atlanta are the DL frequent flyers. Therefore, I am moving this over to the DL Forum (although, it is not "technically" a DL topic).
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 20, 12, 9:51 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cduluk View Post
Hey guys,

I'll be going to ATL airport in March and was hoping someone who's been there before could help me.
Sorry, nobody in this forum has ever been thru ATL

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 20, 12, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
To clarify one point.

International arrivals in E are on a lower floor and must clear everything including security to get to the main airside.

Once cleared that you can easily transit T/A/B/C/D/E
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
The Cafe Intermezzo on Concourse B is very good.

Anytime I go through ATL I feel compelled to WALK through the Zimbabwe sculptures that are displayed between Concourse B & A. Too many people take the train or slidewalk and don't really see it. My favorite piece is Nzuzu. I wish more airports would take some of that blank space and fill it with art instead of advertisements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabw...ition_in_Stone

There's more to life than just racing from one gate to another, and grabbing a sandwich at the franchised restaurants in between.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Feb 20, 12 at 11:26 pm
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK Elite (*Gold), AA EXP (matched and prob not for long!)
Originally Posted by akonradi View Post
I would highly recommend One Flew South for your place to eat. It is located on the E concourse, to the left as you come up the escalator from the train.

Happy flying.
+1
Old Feb 21, 12, 1:47 am

Programs: AA/DL/WN/ex-UA elite
Originally Posted by cduluk View Post
Hey guys,

Can a passenger get from one of the concourses to the others without having to leave and re-enter security multiple times? IE: if a flight lands and i'm in concourse E, can i walk to concourses A, B, C, D or T without having to go through security again?

My first leg will be landing with Delta around 2pm, we'll be shagging our bags, leaving security, re-entering security and taking a flight with AirTran for an 8pm flight. I'm just looking for the best place to eat, and wanted to know which concourses i should be looking in.

Thanks!
What does that mean?
Old Feb 21, 12, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Kevin AA View Post
What does that mean?
I think FT is too family-friendly for any further discussion of that. I would also be concerned that it might not be legal in Georgia.
Old Feb 21, 12, 2:12 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
actually this is the American usage and not the English usage of the word, so family friendly.

shagging a fly ball = to catch, thus shagging bags is to pick them up.
Old Feb 21, 12, 3:17 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
I prefer the walk between concourses in ATL. Sitting on planes all day, it's nice to stretch the legs rather than lazily jumping on the train. If your connection is one concourse away walking is often faster than waiting for the next train unless your timing is just right. When my kids were younger, we took the train but now they are teens we walk. All concourses, the train and the walking tunnel are in the "sterile" or secured area of the airport once you clear customs inbound from an INTL arrival.

The shag is also the state dance of the Carolinas and going "shagging" is a reference to the state dance, something that many Irish and UK summer students who work in the Myrtle Beach entertainment industry find quite amusing. It is not uncommon for them to pose with street signs advertising "shagging tonight" and send the pictures back home to their friends.
Old Feb 21, 12, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by bwhite View Post
I prefer the walk between concourses in ATL. Sitting on planes all day, it's nice to stretch the legs rather than lazily jumping on the train. If your connection is one concourse away walking is often faster than waiting for the next train unless your timing is just right. When my kids were younger, we took the train but now they are teens we walk. All concourses, the train and the walking tunnel are in the "sterile" or secured area of the airport once you clear customs inbound from an INTL arrival.

The shag is also the state dance of the Carolinas and going "shagging" is a reference to the state dance, something that many Irish and UK summer students who work in the Myrtle Beach entertainment industry find quite amusing. It is not uncommon for them to pose with street signs advertising "shagging tonight" and send the pictures back home to their friends.
The things that one learns on FT...
Old Feb 21, 12, 4:08 am
mdb

Originally Posted by akonradi View Post

Happy flying.
I agree about one flew south....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: