DM to PM question about Skyclub

Old Feb 20, 12, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: FF account on all airlines, DM. All hotel accounts, Hilton Diamond.
DM to PM question about Skyclub

I had rejoined the Skyclub about a year before Delta started the whole Diamond Status. Once I became Diamond, the membership was free. now that I am dropping to PM (I assume after the month of Feb) does this mean I still have some 'credit' on my Skyclub account?

Is this another example of life just not being fair or is this something I should pursue? It seems to me that I purchased something that they then GAVE to me with the Diamond status, should I have gotten a refund for the remaining time I had purchased?

Obviously when I purchased it I had no idea that I would be a Diamond and that would be part of the package of that status. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it.
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:19 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Hurry, a call to the DM line is still free and they're gonna be able to look at your history and best explain how this will shake out.

btw, no refund as I recall reading rules about this situation.
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:26 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
What expiration date does your Skyclub card show? You may still have some credit if you became Diamond before your card expired. If you login and go to the skyclub membership application page, it will show the expiration date of your current skyclub membership. Not sure why it matters when Delta started Diamond status. All that matters is when you actually attained Diamond status and the amount of overlap with the remaining length on your paid Skyclub status. You should have you Skyclub membership extended after Feb 29 by whatever was remaining on it when you originally hit Diamond.

Last edited by LBJ; Feb 20, 12 at 11:36 am
Old Feb 20, 12, 11:45 am

Admittedly off-topic, can DMs still access SC on days they're not flying DL or its partners?

The "show-me-your-boarding-pass" protocol always made me wonder.
Old Feb 20, 12, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by LegalTender:18050321
Admittedly off-topic, can DMs still access SC on days they're not flying DL or its partners?

The "show-me-your-boarding-pass" protocol always made me wonder.
No u must be flying delta to access the sc. Only us airways let's u access their club with the Amex plat even if ur not flying them. Also priority pass let's u access clubs even without flying that airline, but delta isn't part of priority pass
Old Feb 20, 12, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
If you were a paid SC member at the time of reaching DM status, whatever time was left on that paid membership automatically gets tagged to the end of your DM eligibility year. So, if you are going from DM to PM at the end of this month and you still had, say, 3 months left on your paid membership, your SC membership should expire at the end of May (though some have noticed that DL seems to add on a bit extra beyond the paid status).

And, yes, DMs can still access the SC even on days not flying DL. Your SC membership card is the same as a that of a paid member and still gains you access.
Old Feb 20, 12, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mendel k View Post
No u must be flying delta to access the sc. Only us airways let's u access their club with the Amex plat even if ur not flying them. Also priority pass let's u access clubs even without flying that airline, but delta isn't part of priority pass
Not true. An AmEx cardholder can only access SCs on a day they are travelling on DL. A SC member via DM status or paid can access the SC on any day of travel.

This per the SC House Rules page of the DL website:

Members can only use the Club in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel but such travel may be on any airline.

The only caveat is that you have to be able to reach the SC. If you're on an airline flying from another terminal and TSA won't allow you access to that terminal, i.e. separate building, separate security, etc. then you're out of luck.

Last edited by jsmith50; Feb 20, 12 at 12:56 pm Reason: addition
Old Feb 20, 12, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by jsmith50 View Post
If you were a paid SC member at the time of reaching DM status, whatever time was left on that paid membership automatically gets tagged to the end of your DM eligibility year. So, if you are going from DM to PM at the end of this month and you still had, say, 3 months left on your paid membership, your SC membership should expire at the end of May (though some have noticed that DL seems to add on a bit extra beyond the paid status).

And, yes, DMs can still access the SC even on days not flying DL. Your SC membership card is the same as a that of a paid member and still gains you access.
All true. And for the record, I have never been asked to show a BP in a SC. (The Oasis at JFK, yes BP required.)
Old Feb 21, 12, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
Never had an issue using the SC when flying AA.
Old Feb 21, 12, 3:31 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
It can be tricky to find the expiration date of your membership but if you go here https://www.delta.com/crownrooms/ann...Landing.action which can be reached by logging in, then selecting "Travel Information", "Airport Information", "Delta SkyClub", "Purchase Membership" it will display your current expiration. Mine now expires in 2015 - having purchased a multi-year membership before DM was announced my residual "credit" has been extended every year after making DM. I also get a new SkyClub card in the mail every year with the new expiry date on it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: