Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long should it take to get drink coupons from Skybonus???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

I booked at DTW/FLL trip last week and even though I am a PM on a full Y fare, upgrade looks like it wont happen since Expert Flyer was showing F0 and I tried booking a dummy ticket in F on that trip and my flight didn't show up and decided to order a pack of 10 drink coupons from skybonus (prefer to save the ones from my PM pack for those times when I don't get a HOOU and use them on a snack box) and figure a couple of those will make 3 hours in Y more tolerable since I may not have much, if any time to stop by the SC first

According to delta.com they are mailed within 3 to 4 days of ordering via express mail. I ordered them last tues figuring I would have them in time for my trip. There is a fed ex ground number showing the shipment info was entered 2/9 but no tracking info yet Does it normally take this long? If I am not going to have them in time for this trip I would rather just order them later so I have more time to use them.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Last year, it took almost 2 weeks to get it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by skchin
Last year, it took almost 2 weeks to get it.
Thanks! The info is a little misleading on the site since they say they mail it express mail in 3 to 4 days.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Last time I ordered was about 6-7 months ago. Ordered on a Friday, shipped on Monday via FedEx Priority Overnight, and I got them on Tuesday. I was rather impressed... though it must have cost them more to overnight me the package than the 10 drinks probably cost them.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I booked at DTW/FLL trip last week and even though I am a PM on a full Y fare, upgrade looks like it wont happen since Expert Flyer was showing F0 and I tried booking a dummy ticket in F on that trip and my flight didn't show up and decided to order a pack of 10 drink coupons from skybonus (prefer to save the ones from my PM pack for those times when I don't get a HOOU and use them on a snack box) and figure a couple of those will make 3 hours in Y more tolerable since I may not have much, if any time to stop by the SC first

According to delta.com they are mailed within 3 to 4 days of ordering via express mail. I ordered them last tues figuring I would have them in time for my trip. There is a fed ex ground number showing the shipment info was entered 2/9 but no tracking info yet Does it normally take this long? If I am not going to have them in time for this trip I would rather just order them later so I have more time to use them.
how many skybonus points did a 10 pack cost you?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by matthoyle
how many skybonus points did a 10 pack cost you?
10k SB points. Here is the list:

http://skybonus.delta.com/bizComapnyLearnMore.sb
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've redeemed Skybonus drink tickets about 4 times through NW and DL. They've always Fedex'd them overnight within a couple business days.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
10k SB points. Here is the list:

http://skybonus.delta.com/bizComapnyLearnMore.sb
I think 10K is a good deal. Especilaly seeing it only takes a few minutes to sign up for skybonus and to add the number to EEs skymile accounts.

Now to just get the stupid coupons
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I think 10K is a good deal. Especilaly seeing it only takes a few minutes to sign up for skybonus and to add the number to EEs skymile accounts.

Now to just get the stupid coupons
+1 and if you forgot to enter in your number for auto credit you can get credit for up to 1 YEAR retro so take the time to enter in all your old tickets for extra bonus points!

http://skybonus.delta.com/bizCoFAQ.sb

If your SkyBonus number was not entered on a ticket at the time of issuance, you can enter the ticket number on the Add Ticket page in your account for retroactive credit. Retroactive credit is allowed for qualifying flights purchased and flown after your enrollment date. In addition, only eligible travel purchased and flown within the last 12 months of your membership is considered for credit. Tickets are processed and will appear on your statement within 6-8 weeks after travel. Tickets validated on AF(057), KL(074), & AZ(055) and purchased prior to March 1, 2011 are not eligible for retroactive credit. AF and AZ flights validated on DL(006) purchased prior to March 1, 2011 are also not eligible for retroactive credit.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Another, more recent update on how long this takes. Two business days from order placed to coupons in hand.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I ordered 4 Skyclub passes on a Friday, had them the following Thursday via express mail. This about a month ago as my mom was going to RSW and had a very long layover.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just ordered some last Wednesday. They took a bit longer than usual as they just arrived today (Wednesday) one week later. They were shipped Priority Overnight yesterday.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I must have just had bad luck. I called the skybonus number last weds to see if I could cancel the order since i wanted them for a friday flight and would rather just order them later since I knew they expired in a year. She was able to overnight them that day and I had them Thursday for my flight.

Something I didn't like though was that the coupons expire 12/31/12 and the skybonus site says the coupons are good for at least a year. I guess 10 1/2 months is still good for coupons I didn't have to to much for.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something I didn't like though was that the coupons expire 12/31/12 and the skybonus site says the coupons are good for at least a year. I guess 10 1/2 months is still good for coupons I didn't have to to much for.
Actually, it says: "3. Coupons are valid for up to 12 months."

(Emphasis added)

Theoretically they could send you coupons that expire in a week, if they wanted...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Actually, it says: "3. Coupons are valid for up to 12 months."

(Emphasis added)

Theoretically they could send you coupons that expire in a week, if they wanted...
Good catch. Its my understanding most of the FA's will accept expired coupons anyway. Hopefully I won't be missing that many upgrades where I will be using them up fast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.