Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Coincidence? WN responds to Delta flash mobs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coincidence? WN responds to Delta flash mobs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Wink Coincidence? WN responds to Delta flash mobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Bp-m8b1dRn8#!

Why, just days after Delta does a flash mob video in Atlanta, Southwest does the same thing! What a coincidence?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I think flash mobs in general are a waste of time.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I will not be attending this event.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Actually WN has been doing their own flash mobs in other cities for a while.

But yes, they did have some biggie doin's here in ATL for their first flights today...including some employees who got an unexpected, cold shower on the ramp yesterday when the first ferry flight arrived to a ceremonial fire-truck water cannon salute in 20 knot winds. Oops.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:34 pm

I would not be impressed if I were trying to walk down Concourse C during this "performance."
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Good news is that I'm never at that end of the C concourse...its bad enough I've got to pass those tepid US Air gates in the D concourse...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
DL's was better...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
DL's was better...
I disagree. I think WN's precision roll-a-board dance routine was much better.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta SC
Just before revealing the T-shirts, I was thinking that they were oddly overdressed for WN FA's. Same WN as I've had to experience a couple of times.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PTravel
I disagree. I think WN's precision roll-a-board dance routine was much better.
I disagree with your "disagreel"...but the WN practice videa beat DL hands down (looks like they were too crowded in the C concourse)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by mjgwi
Just before revealing the T-shirts, I was thinking that they were oddly overdressed for WN FA's. Same WN as I've had to experience a couple of times.
I'm pretty sure that most of them were actually AirTran FAs, who have a more traditional uniform than WN.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Coupled with past experience, this in no way inclines me to shift my business...

Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:13 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
I'm more suspicious that Delta did their first flash mob ever because they new Southwest was coming to town . . . Southwest has done flash mobs before they were called flash mobs.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
I'm more suspicious that Delta did their first flash mob ever because they new Southwest was coming to town . . . Southwest has done flash mobs before they were called flash mobs.
This. Interesting timing, to say the least.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
If Southwest thinks their just going to stroll into ATL and muscle, or should I say, flash dance Delta to the curb, they are sadly mistaken. Their pathetic business model won''t work in Atlanta.

However, DL might want to seriously consider rethinking taking away the first bag free for Silvers. Those are the folks will will prob stand the most chance of defecting to Southworst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.