Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Coincidence? WN responds to Delta flash mobs

Coincidence? WN responds to Delta flash mobs

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
If Southwest thinks their just going to stroll into ATL and muscle, or should I say, flash dance Delta to the curb, they are sadly mistaken. Their pathetic business model won''t work in Atlanta.

However, DL might want to seriously consider rethinking taking away the first bag free for Silvers. Those are the folks will will prob stand the most chance of defecting to Southworst.
First bag is still free for silvers. It's the second one that requires the AMEX.

Also, if I'm on one side of these flash mobs that are beginning to run rampant in the Atlanta area, with a connection on the other (especially if the door is closing in, oh, say 5 minutes), I'm going to be extremely displeased and probably ruin their video.

I also don't want flight attendants who sing, rap, etc., but that's a different story.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
pssh. flash mobs i'm accustomed to always involve two or twenty people getting shot. see: Chattanooga
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
If Southwest thinks their just going to stroll into ATL and muscle, or should I say, flash dance Delta to the curb, they are sadly mistaken. Their pathetic business model won''t work in Atlanta.
Heard it here first (or was the 2nd...I know the folks at US said the same thing at BWI oh so many years ago)....they must be something right if they carry more domestic pax than any other airline these days (dont get me wrong - they are always my last choice....)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by socrates
they must be something right if they carry more domestic pax than any other airline these days (dont get me wrong - they are always my last choice....)
And thats about all SW can brag about. Not much else.

Does SW have any flexibility or any options to get me to exotic destinations by using their frequent flyer program? Probably not. One of the many great things about Delta (and other legacy's) is the options and choices with redeeming miles.

My honeymoon in Bora Bora was courtesy of Delta Air Lines skymiles. It cost me about $100.00 to redeem 150K miles for a RT ticket in BE class. Not bad. I could never in a million years do half the things with SW miles (or whatever they call them) as with skymiles. With SW, there are boundries, way to many of them for my liking.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:32 am

However, DL might want to seriously consider rethinking taking away the first bag free for Silvers. Those are the folks will will prob stand the most chance of defecting to Southworst.
Um what makes Atlanta so special that their people won't fly WN than say LAX DAL HOU Chicago SFO. Are Atlantans somehow ordained by God not to fly an airline that carries more passengers in the US than others
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by MrMan
Um what makes Atlanta so special that their people won't fly WN than say LAX DAL HOU Chicago SFO. Are Atlantans somehow ordained by God not to fly an airline that carries more passengers in the US than others
show me where I said the people of ATL wont fly WN??

Also, dont forget this. Delta is introducing EC on Domestic flights now.

It will undoubtedly provide for a much more pleasurable flying experience, and provide more bang for the customers buck, then anything WN can throw at the Atlantians.

http://blog.delta.com/2011/10/20/mor...room-to-relax/

Last edited by DL2SXM; Feb 13, 2012 at 9:54 am
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
And thats about all SW can brag about. Not much else.

Does SW have any flexibility or any options to get me to exotic destinations by using their frequent flyer program? Probably not. One of the many great things about Delta (and other legacy's) is the options and choices with redeeming miles.

My honeymoon in Bora Bora was courtesy of Delta Air Lines skymiles. It cost me about $100.00 to redeem 150K miles for a RT ticket in BE class. Not bad. I could never in a million years do half the things with SW miles (or whatever they call them) as with skymiles. With SW, there are boundries, way to many of them for my liking.
Actually I was just looking at the new improved RR program - they claim they can get you to Bora Bora too (mind you I didn't dig any further than seeing that claim).....but another thing WN can brag about is their profitability and productivity...trust me - all other airlines wish they could run as efficient as WN
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:51 pm

It's a bit amateurish. T-Mobile set the standard for the airport flashmob out of LHR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.