Worth writing about...?

Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Worth writing about...?

Just completed atl-lax on the 777-200LR. Had this trip booked 2 months in advance and selected an EC seat. In ATL, DL announces a gate change (from T to E). Upon boarding, it's absolutely the same gauge. As I pass through the BP scanner, I get a new BP and seat assignment. I've been booted out of EC to back of plane, aisle seat. I protest, but the GA says that it was a change of aircraft and nothing she can do since it's a completely full flight. She says there were other PM that also got "reaccomodated" as well. As I board, there is someone already seated in my EC seat. I know equipment changes occur and I deal with them but, in this case, there was no change of gauge. Why can't DL manange type of situation better. Is it worth writing DL about?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
If your seat was terrible maybe not a bad idea but I noticed on delta.com that EC is currently only available JFK to SFO and LAX even though the seats were configured on your aircraft. In the end it would be a nice touch to give DL FF w/ status some attention when they reassign seats.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:38 am

This same thing happened to me about 8 months ago. I wrote a letter complaining and received 7,500 miles (I think that was the number).
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaFirst
In the end it would be a nice touch to give DL FF w/ status some attention when they reassign seats.
Agree.
So...I called the PM desk to enquire about the situation and here is what the deas thinks happened. My inbound to ATL was delayed so DL tried to automatically protect me on a later flight. In doing so, somehow I got taken off the flight. Realizing the error, I get put back on the flight, but my seat is now gone so I get assigned to another seat. I do, however, get to ATL with 50 min to make the connection. I am told that the GA took me off the flight thinking that I was not going to make it. When the GA sees that I have, in fact, made it to ATL to make the connection, the GA then puts me back on the flight in the seat I finally sat in....back of plane. I appreciate that DL tried to protect me on the later LAX flight, but the GA had a trigger finger for pulling me off the flight.
Now the lie the GA told me about the change of gauge is another matter....
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>She says there were other PM that also got "reaccomodated" as well.

Platinum Medallion: The new Silver.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by SpinzCity

Please dont say that. I worked hard last year and just made it to Platinum on New Years Eve.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by SpinzCity

If Plat is the new Silver? what does that mean for me dropping from Plat to Silver at the end of this month??????
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by tuono07
If Plat is the new Silver? what does that mean for me dropping from Plat to Silver at the end of this month??????
Means that Delta will be happy to "re-accomodate" you from an airplane to a bus.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
you have to pay for your upgrades now.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
Delta will mail you a special HOOU coupon good for one free ham sandwich with paid entry to any SkyClub within the United States (except Honolulu).
Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
you have to pay for your upgrades now.
Flight Yesterday SFO-ATL, more than 70 people on upgrade list for one seat. Its not just silvers who have to pay to sit up front anymore!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gsorob
Now the lie the GA told me about the change of gauge is another matter....
I have never heard this term before would you (or anyone that knows) mind explaining what a "change of gauge" means?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>would you (or anyone that knows) mind explaining what a "change of gauge" means?

In technical terms, it refers to alterations in the angle of the dangle, which is in direct proportion to the ratio of seats, which causes the size of the rise to equal the mass of the Airbus.

In layman's terms, it means that they are swapping out equipment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.