Community
Wiki Posts
Search

767-300ER comfort econ atl- eze

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:55 am
Original Poster

767-300ER comfort econ atl- eze

first post here, hope this is the right place for it. I am booked with 2 others on may 6th atl-buenos aires on the 767-300ER i booked in comfort economy but have been thinking of biting the bullet and trying to upgrade. my question is are the EC seats really much better? I have flow this trip in the past first class and know its great but didnt have the miles or money to do it this yr, I now have just over 100,000 miles and have thought about using them to upgrade but wanted to know what i should realy expect in the Economy Comfort section

we are all in row 20, i have 20A down and back

thanks
Jared
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
As RWOMAN said, a search does wonders...

That being said, I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you considering upgrading from economy to economy comfort or from economy comfort to business elite? I'd say in both cases you'll have a nicer ride if you upgrade, but if the flight is on the old style 763 (where the BE cabin has a 2x2x2 seating) it's not worth the money in my opinion. If it's the new cabin (1x2x1) then it's a great value.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys,

I have the comfort economy already but haven't seen one in person yet to check them out. Just looking to hear how they are for a 10hr flight that's overnight
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by jacack
Thanks guys,

I have the comfort economy already but haven't seen one in person yet to check them out. Just looking to hear how they are for a 10hr flight that's overnight
It's not a 'premium economy' product like AF or TK or TG. It's normal economy seats with better pitch and slightly better recline. There may be power outlets in the seats - not something I ever use, so I can't speak to that. Free drinks, economy food.

You mentioned mileage upgrade - you might check on that. I think you have to be booked into a fairly high fare economy fare class to be able to use miles to upgrade.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
It's not a 'premium economy' product like AF or TK or TG. It's normal economy seats with better pitch and slightly better recline. There may be power outlets in the seats - not something I ever use, so I can't speak to that. Free drinks, economy food.

You mentioned mileage upgrade - you might check on that. I think you have to be booked into a fairly high fare economy fare class to be able to use miles to upgrade.
It should be noted that you do get free alcohol in regular economy for this flight..beer and wine...the EC seats add free liqour.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
So how was your trip in EC? Planning to take this same flight in October.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Does anyone know the projections as to when AVOD will be available in Y on this flight? These 767-300 makeovers are proceeding extremely slowly. This is a LONG flight, so having AVOD is a big deal!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta
I've flown Econ Comfort and seats in 16f,g have great legroom. I just used carry on luggage as footrest and slept good...jfk to ist... maybe just a little longer than atl to eze. I don't think this route is getting the lie flight seats as the change is being done to a/c with different configuration. But perhaps in the next work through they might get lie flat.

You can get BE for this flight and perhaps once or twice a quarter you can get it for 100,000 skymiles if you are real lucky (heck, I got lucky, so others can too, but you just have to be vigilant and patient). To upgrade with skymiles you have to spend a lot more money with m or y type air fare...think I'd just upgrade to Econ Comfort at that point. I trust that I am understanding your message and that this gives you some perspective.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
It should be noted that you do get free alcohol in regular economy for this flight..beer and wine...the EC seats add free liqour.
If I can't drink an EC's-charge worth of the liquor cart on a 10hr flight, I give up. That right there is reason to upgrade...
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by menton1
Does anyone know the projections as to when AVOD will be available in Y on this flight? These 767-300 makeovers are proceeding extremely slowly. This is a LONG flight, so having AVOD is a big deal!
I heard a rumor that Delta will be changing the equipment on this flight to the a330-200. Would this be considered an upgrade? These planes have similar configurations.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The A330s all have AVOD in coach, certainly.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by menton1
I heard a rumor that Delta will be changing the equipment on this flight to the a330-200. Would this be considered an upgrade? These planes have similar configurations.
Any idea as from when DL will be changing these old 767?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Probably before the end of 2013. The latest estimate for the last planes to be updated, the A330s, is early 2014.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, DL Silver, EK Silver
The BusinessElite on the old 763s are not that bad. I just flew BizElite from Zurich-Atlanta last week, and got a nice long nap. I did kinda pass thru the Econ Comfort section to use the lav situated between BizElite and Econ Comfort, and the seats looked just like normal economy class seats - except they had "Economy Comfort" written on them.
Definitely not as good as BA or AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.