Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL 837 Feb07 ATL-HNL weight and balance issue

Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam

Anyone know why they had to yank 47 pax off today's ATL-HNL flight? I ran into a FA from that flight and noted to her that I had tried to SDC onto that plane but couldn't get on. She then told me about the weight and balance issue. 47 seems like a very large number of pax for W&B. I personally saw the A333 in HNL so I know it wasn't due to an equipment change.

I can't recall such a large number of pax getting VDB/IDB due to weight and balance on this route. I was inbound on a 763 today from SLC and we went out with a full load.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
I'm guessing the cargo below was worth more than the self loading cargo on the main deck.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
I fly this trip with some regularity. I've never seen a wt/balance issue with the A330. Very strange. I do know headwinds have been higher than usual some days this year. Maybe fuel load was in play.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Buckshot
I fly this trip with some regularity. I've never seen a wt/balance issue with the A330. Very strange. I do know headwinds have been higher than usual some days this year. Maybe fuel load was in play.
but then they'd make a stop for fuel.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:18 am

Certain classes of DL cargo are marked "MUST SCAN - MUST FLY". That can be a real bummer if someone ships something heavy such as a couple pallets of legal documents. Often cargo has much more favorable terms and conditions compared to say luggage in the standard CoC.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
but then they'd make a stop for fuel.
Not if they can offload weight. Stopping for fuel would signifcantly delay the return. This flight has about a 90 minute turnaround in HNL.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
NRSA maybe were pulled off....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.