Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lowest CPM(eqm) - 2012 ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Lowest CPM(eqm) - 2012 ?

How many CPM (eqm) would one consider the "upper" limit when considering MR ?

Megers-megamergers of airlines, 4-level loyalty programs, diluation of mile-values......have these affected the MR value ?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Below 4 and I'm listening. Around 3, things get seriously interesting.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
These days I'm happy if I see anything under 5 -- but I don't do "pure" MR -- I always stay a day or two to see the sights.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
Rule of thumb has been 5. But I'd say even 5.5 or so is MR worthy..... Depends on where you are in the status race, how many miles you have/need and I don't think mergers have affected the validity of Mile Running. I'm not sure how to answer on dilution--I guess it depends on how/where you are going to burn your miles...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by javabytes
Below 4 and I'm listening. Around 3, things get seriously interesting.
Ditto.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
For a pure MR, never leave the airport, I look for < 4 CPM fares, and for this year I was able to book 2 trips at 3.7 and 3.8

For a combination trip to get miles and maybe stay somewhere overnight or for a few days and see a new place, or for a regular vacation, I'll spend up to 6 CPM. Most of the time I can find something < 5 CPM, and I've got two of these already booked for this year at 4.6 and 4.7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.