Thanks for the b-day present, DL

Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs down Thanks for the b-day present, DL

Yet another missed upgrade, uncontrolled gate lice, delayed departure, and totally useless gate agents. I've now missed as many upgrades in the 33 days of 2012 as I did in all of 2011. I know I'm just a lowly DM gamer/ham sandwich, but come on Delta...help a guy out on his birthday!!

I really hope that things improve come March 1st...

(rant over)
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
As a DM I haven't missed an upgrade in over 2 years.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
As a GM I havn't been in coach since November (and that was a CRJ-200). It's all about when you fly. I am very happy with my upgrade success.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
Red face

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Yet another missed upgrade, uncontrolled gate lice, delayed departure, and totally useless gate agents. I've now missed as many upgrades in the 33 days of 2012 as I did in all of 2011. I know I'm just a lowly DM gamer/ham sandwich, but come on Delta...help a guy out on his birthday!!

(rant over)
I'm right there with you DL DM gamer. So it's not just you. And I haven't changed my travel patterns/days/times much at all. I am also not convinced that March 1 is going to make much of a difference. What I am certain of is that DL has lowered the # of standard FF upg available on the majority of the flights I have been booking. Thank you Expert Flyer. If you haven't joined I recommend it, might change your upgrade success.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by Grizzergirl
I'm right there with you DL DM gamer. So it's not just you. And I haven't changed my travel patterns/days/times much at all. I am also not convinced that March 1 is going to make much of a difference. What I am certain of is that DL has lowered the # of standard FF upg available on the majority of the flights I have been booking. Thank you Expert Flyer. If you haven't joined I recommend it, might change your upgrade success.
Oh, no! You don't mean DL has actually been SELLING FC SEATS!?!?!? To make money??? B%*$#@ds!!!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia

(rant over)
This is exactly the reason I avoid flying on Thursday like the plague. Thursdays on DL (especially transcons) are basically like flying WN except that everyone is in the "A" boarding group. Just board are turn right.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, EY Plat, MM Senator
Happy birthday, Deemus7! (I mean it!) Hope your luck changes soon.

Out of curiosity, what was the route today?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond

(rant over)
L
Aren't you just a bucket of sunshine!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
L
Would you believe a shovel of sunshine?

MO
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by glbetrotter
Happy birthday, Deemus7! (I mean it!) Hope your luck changes soon.

Out of curiosity, what was the route today?
MLB-ATL, the 8:50pm departure. I guess this is an elite-heavy route with Harris, Northrop, and other large businesses in the area? I usually fly out of MCO or PBI, so I at least know what to expect in terms of upgrades from those airports. Didn't know MLB was like PBI...

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
L
Originally Posted by MachOne
Would you believe a shovel of sunshine?

MO
Hey, it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!!

I know my u/g percentage is higher than many others that consistently do transcons out of JFK or ATL, but I got spoiled last year.

On the plus side, my plane last night did have the new domestic EC seats installed, which of course I didn't think of until I boarded, so I was stuck in a regular seat. Anyone know when they're officially rolling that product out? And it will be on all two-class aircraft, correct? I will definitely be selecting seats at the front of the coach cabin from now on, as I actually like to be able to see my computer screen and type without contorting like a gymnast when I work on a plane.

Happy Friday all!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Oh, no! You don't mean DL has actually been SELLING FC SEATS!?!?!? To make money??? B%*$#@ds!!!
As they should be! But they weren't selling those seats on those same flights in the very recent past.

I give the majority of my business to Delta because I happen to live in a hub city and prefer their FF program over the others. And yes I like being upgraded All I was saying is that I've been doing a piss poor job of selecting flights that will give me a decent shot of riding up front.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Deadtail

Ditto. Diamond for awhile and haven't missed an upgrade since being so. Out of MEM, in from all over. YMMV....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: Delta DM, Global Entry, SPG Platinum, SSG Platinum, Tuborg Gold
Sounds like you have good route selection...or you're very lucky.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Even as AA EXP I usually have 93-95% upgrade success.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.