New OLCI BP format

Old May 3, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by n7371f
Gosh I'm so sorry for not spending an hour going through the archive or endless hours keeping up to date with every single thread...
Search is your friend... especially when searching for the term 'single boarding pass' turns up the right result 6th or 7th on the page... if that still takes you hours, well...

Plus, this article actually references Delta as saying the multi-flights/single boarding pass is almost here versus it's an improvement coming, just like the award calendar...and last time I checked, it doesn't work, still.
What do you mean, 'coming'? The award calendar works, didn't you know?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes
Search is your friend... especially when searching for the term 'single boarding pass' turns up the right result 6th or 7th on the page... if that still takes you hours, well...

What do you mean, 'coming'? The award calendar works, didn't you know?
FYI-these are both just dreams until i see them in person. I believe the condensed boarding pass is better for delta and we will see that sooner.Isn't that what is all about -Delta. I'm just a mere high volume, high fare customer...
Old May 3, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Also when I read your title, my first thought was PerkChoice.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Also when I read your title, my first thought was PerkChoice.
Same here.

But not to worry! It is still scheduled in "what's ahead" -- right after the "redesigning the Award Travel booking process and calendar on delta.com to improve the Award redemption experience" that is to be finished by "the first quarter of 2011".

Ref. http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ates/index.jsp
Old May 3, 2012, 8:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RealHJ
. . . . "redesigning the Award Travel booking process and calendar on delta.com to improve the Award redemption experience"
Hmmm . . . . Do ya think a simple task like redeeming miles for an award ticket should be "An Experience"?!?!?!
Old May 3, 2012, 8:32 pm

Am I the only one who believes that this is an attempt for them to save money on printing multiple boarding passes? Also, how will this work on legs in multiple cabins?
Old May 3, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Am I the only one who believes that this is an attempt for them to save money on printing multiple boarding passes?
If it is, what's wrong with that? It saves Delta money on printing boarding passes, it saves paper, and it means I have fewer boarding passes to keep track of. A win for all!
Old May 3, 2012, 8:45 pm

Am I the only one who believes that this is an attempt for them to save money on printing multiple boarding passes? Also, how will this work on legs in multiple cabins?
It worked on Northwest.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I believe it is an attempt to save money.

I'm sure they will make use of some of that white space to accommodate multi-segment trips.

However, I'm not sure what it will mean for the barcode scanning technologies at the gate. The way the barcodes are formatted now, they simply contain some personal identifier that is consistent across time, and the seat number. Nothing more. No PNR, no ticket number, no flight numbers, etc. This is why you can scan any of your old boarding passes and it will still register. It's also how you get your seat assignment slip printed - if the seat encoded in the barcode is different than your current seat on that flight, it will print the slip. I don't know how this will work if you have three seats embedded in the barcode, unless they're changing the whole encoding scheme.

I much prefer having one boarding pass per segment.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by davetravels
Hmmm . . . . Do ya think a simple task like redeeming miles for an award ticket should be "An Experience"?!?!?!
When there is usually not a single low for full 0-331 days out, then yes, when you find it, that is indeed an experience to remember!
Old May 3, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Down to 2 segments

Originally was 4 segments, then 3, now down to only 2. Still a lot of work to be done on this project.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Yes, I believe it is an attempt to save money.

I'm sure they will make use of some of that white space to accommodate multi-segment trips.

However, I'm not sure what it will mean for the barcode scanning technologies at the gate. The way the barcodes are formatted now, they simply contain some personal identifier that is consistent across time, and the seat number. Nothing more. No PNR, no ticket number, no flight numbers, etc. This is why you can scan any of your old boarding passes and it will still register. It's also how you get your seat assignment slip printed - if the seat encoded in the barcode is different than your current seat on that flight, it will print the slip. I don't know how this will work if you have three seats embedded in the barcode, unless they're changing the whole encoding scheme.

I much prefer having one boarding pass per segment.

2D barcodes can hold several bits of information, this is what NWA had.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by NWA012
Originally was 4 segments, then 3, now down to only 2. Still a lot of work to be done on this project.
I don't like to hear the NWA IT group making compromises
Old May 4, 2012, 11:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It worked on Northwest.
And it's working on Alaska and SAS as well I believe.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It worked on Northwest.
So did the award calendar, and ability to book awards on partners...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.