Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New OLCI BP format

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
To much fuss is being made over a new boarding pass. A boarding pass is a boarding pass for cripes sake. who really cares what it looks like? It could be in Chineese for all I care. I rarely even pay attention to it. All I really need is the airport monitor for the gate and the GIDS if I'm not upgraded.
IAWTC:

I would think DL would be less focused on older hard-copy BP technology, and more focused on digital (smart phone/text/email based BP technology). As a resident of what is considered a very tech-forward city, I'm rather embarrassed to walk through ABIA with a printed BP.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by rwoman
Hi everyone,

Just checked in at JFK. I received the old style BP when I dropped my bag at T2...guess the new one is not at all stations yet.

you sure do an awful lot of flying. It seems your always on the go, at one airport or another.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by rwoman
Hi everyone,

Just checked in at JFK. I received the old style BP when I dropped my bag at T2...guess the new one is not at all stations yet.

Kiosk or agent? I got ancient paper BPs at DL's IAD counter (kiosk wouldn't let me check in) after connecting from AF28 today
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Once they put the full routing on it, it will encourage them to demand a passport if there are any international segments - you know, like trips to New Mexico....
My international BP's usually come out with "INTL - CHECK PASSPORT" or "INTL - DOCS OK" on them, depending on if I've been through an agent or not.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RealHJ
And this is great to hear. ^ Finally! Evolution... as in going back to what NWA had ages ago.
+1. Would be nice to have a single BP going forward.

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I don't want full PNR, ticket #, or SkyMiles # on there. Too many opportunities for people to do bad things if they pick up a mislaid BP.
+1
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
you sure do an awful lot of flying. It seems your always on the go, at one airport or another.
Yes, I do...but I'll have a 2.5 mont hiatus come April when I'm in Afghanistan. If I find cheap fares, I tend to go.

Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Kiosk or agent? I got ancient paper BPs at DL's IAD counter (kiosk wouldn't let me check in) after connecting from AF28 today
Agent. The kiosks usually do not like my passport.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Maybe let the security folks know you're changing the design...

I had a really annoying experience today at MEX. I'm on DL514 to SLC and I checked in online, and elected to print my boarding pass at the kiosk since I had nothing to check. My traveling companion couldn't get the kiosk to scan his passport so I followed him up to the counter, where he got the old school looking boarding pass. Since I was at the Diamond/SP counter I figured I'd just double check with the agent to make certain I was good to go with my "nuevo" boarding pass the kiosk spit out. She said no problem.

So once I get to the checkpoint where they check your passport, boarding card the two officers told me i needed to go back and get a "boarding pass" I explained to them kindly that it was in fact my boarding pass and It was from the kiosk machine. I said the woman at the counter said it was just fine. They weren't going to have it. I told them I wasn't going to go back I showed them it said "boarding pass" even in the tiny print thats used, and I showed the flight number, date, cities, etc. I told them to go check with someone else because I was 100% certain it was a legitimate boarding pass, after many many minutes the officer came back and apologized and told me it was ok. <sigh> Just like Delta to reprogram their kiosk to spit out a new design and not have something for the security folks to refer to to know that what it was was legitimate.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by jacksafar
I had a really annoying experience today at MEX. I'm on DL514 to SLC and I checked in online, and elected to print my boarding pass at the kiosk since I had nothing to check. My traveling companion couldn't get the kiosk to scan his passport so I followed him up to the counter, where he got the old school looking boarding pass. Since I was at the Diamond/SP counter I figured I'd just double check with the agent to make certain I was good to go with my "nuevo" boarding pass the kiosk spit out. She said no problem.

So once I get to the checkpoint where they check your passport, boarding card the two officers told me i needed to go back and get a "boarding pass" I explained to them kindly that it was in fact my boarding pass and It was from the kiosk machine. I said the woman at the counter said it was just fine. They weren't going to have it. I told them I wasn't going to go back I showed them it said "boarding pass" even in the tiny print thats used, and I showed the flight number, date, cities, etc. I told them to go check with someone else because I was 100% certain it was a legitimate boarding pass, after many many minutes the officer came back and apologized and told me it was ok. <sigh> Just like Delta to reprogram their kiosk to spit out a new design and not have something for the security folks to refer to to know that what it was was legitimate.
Mazel Tov on winning any argument with MEX security. A hapless bunch...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
My international BP's usually come out with "INTL - CHECK PASSPORT" or "INTL - DOCS OK" on them, depending on if I've been through an agent or not.
I don't recall getting that on the domestic segment BPs, just the int'l segment.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
I don't recall getting that on the domestic segment BPs, just the int'l segment.
you shouldn't get it on the domestic segment BP because it only applies when your passport and any applicable visa needs to be checked/verified
Old May 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Delta reaching back into NWA's past for an enhancement

In good news for those who are forced to use paper boarding passes, Delta tells the WSJ that it will soon roll out a single boarding pass for multiple legs/flights. No longer will you have three boarding passes for three flights.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Already announced here about 2 months ago: http://blog.delta.com/2012/02/01/new...irport-kiosks/

And discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...bp-format.html
Old May 3, 2012, 12:49 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by n7371f
No longer will you have three boarding passes for three flights.
Yay!! Finally!!

But, can they fix the award calendar???

Oh, I forgot. It isn't broken!
Old May 3, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Gosh I'm so sorry for not spending an hour going through the archive or endless hours keeping up to date with every single thread...

Plus, this article actually references Delta as saying the multi-flights/single boarding pass is almost here versus it's an improvement coming, just like the award calendar...and last time I checked, it doesn't work, still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.