FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta LAX to OGG FC? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1308295-delta-lax-ogg-fc.html)

TandTEnterprises Jan 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Delta LAX to OGG FC?

Can anyone give some insight as to if the delta flights from lax to ogg that note sleeper seats online are similar to a business elite seat?

I had the chance to take the biz elite from lax to JFK and it was nice. I would be willing to upgrade if this is similar? Anyone have some insight???

It is flight 1219 if that helps.
Thanks

glbetrotter Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by TandTEnterprises (Post 17912286)
Can anyone give some insight as to if the delta flights from lax to ogg that note sleeper seats online are similar to a business elite seat?

I had the chance to take the biz elite from lax to JFK and it was nice. I would be willing to upgrade if this is similar? Anyone have some insight???

It is flight 1219 if that helps.
Thanks

I am pretty sure that it is, unfortunately, nothing like LAX-JFK/SFO BE product. It is a regular 757 domestic FC, without personal IFE. Actually, one of the older FC products (was on a few flights to HI, not OGG though. That's what it was ...). Sorry.

Denal1 Jan 30, 2012 5:19 am

Delta will occasionally swap out a BE equipped aircraft on the HNL routes, but it doesn't happen often and usually it is a last minute change. The 757 that runs LAX to OGG is a very old domestic FC equipped AC which IMHO is a step below standard domestic FC. It is NOTHING like the BE products LAX to JFK. If you post the date you are considering someone could check the AC configuration. If you want a BE product, your best bet will be SFO to HNL but this will require 2 stops to get to OGG (not really worth it). I dont think the standard 757 LAX to OGG is worth even a miles upgrade. If a BE configured plane has been substitued, then definitely UG!

BusTrav8yrs Jan 30, 2012 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Denal1 (Post 17913767)
Delta will occasionally swap out a BE equipped aircraft on the HNL routes, but it doesn't happen often and usually it is a last minute change. The 757 that runs LAX to OGG is a very old domestic FC equipped AC which IMHO is a step below standard domestic FC. It is NOTHING like the BE products LAX to JFK. If you post the date you are considering someone could check the AC configuration. If you want a BE product, your best bet will be SFO to HNL but this will require 2 stops to get to OGG (not really worth it). I dont think the standard 757 LAX to OGG is worth even a miles upgrade. If a BE configured plane has been substitued, then definitely UG!

+1

Totally agree. I was very disappointed in the service, it seemed lacking for such a long flight, FA's seemed to think we were on a shuttle flight. Didn't even have Mai Tai's :O

It was an old 757 with no AVOD.

If you have a SWU that is expiring I would say maybe, but I wouldn't pay for or use miles to upgrade this flight.

milehighflyer Jan 30, 2012 5:57 am

No matter which island I am going to, I always fly through HNL and make sure to get a wide-body (767 or 330) out of LAX, SLC, MSP, or ATL. The 757s DL flies to the islands are just horrible for a 5+ hour flight.

dll Jan 30, 2012 10:35 am

Their sub-fleet of 757s that serve Hawaii are marginally (and I do mean marginally) better in F than the standard Y seat. If you can snag an exit row in Y then that's actually probably the better ride than up front. The sub-fleet is ex-ATA and the seats do have legs rests and maybe an inch or two more legroom than their other 757s, but they're sort of worn and pretty outdated. Overhead video and no individual air vents.

They also do run 757-300s on the LAX-HNL segments as well which I prefer over their 757-200 subfleet. The 767 is definitely a better experience with AVOD if you're willing to route through HNL to do it. Delta, like most other mainline carriers, don't really put premium product on their Hawaii segments. Hawaiian is an exception, and they're starting a new LAX-OGG flight. I've seen them run some great FC deals in the past so may be worth checking out. Of course no mileage earned for those flights. Their FC is a bit better than the other carriers but still not up to the LAX-JFK BusinessElite level.

BusTrav8yrs Jan 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dll (Post 17915563)
Hawaiian is an exception, and they're starting a new LAX-OGG flight. I've seen them run some great FC deals in the past so may be worth checking out. Of course no mileage earned for those flights.

No MQM's but you can earn RDM's if you attach your DL number to the flight. I have had occasions when I actually earned MQM's by mistake on inter-island flights.

WidgetKid Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I'd say there's a good 4 to 5 inches of extra leg room. The seats recline a bit more, have winged headrests, and have footrests. All of this is manual. There is no AVOD and there are no air vents. I personally find them a slight bit nicer than the standard domestic 24F 757's as well as the ex-NWA birds, but otherwise if you can take the widebodies to HNL, do it.

TandTEnterprises Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm

I actually fly out of LAS or PHX (the nearest airports to me). They seem to fly to LAX first.

I have plenty of points and don't mind using them for a good trip. Who flys a wide body to OGG from LAX or even LAS/PHX to HNL? I can always catch a shuttle from there. I just don't want more than 1 stop to get there.

WidgetKid Jan 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by TandTEnterprises (Post 17919537)
I actually fly out of LAS or PHX (the nearest airports to me). They seem to fly to LAX first.

I have plenty of points and don't mind using them for a good trip. Who flys a wide body to OGG from LAX or even LAS/PHX to HNL? I can always catch a shuttle from there. I just don't want more than 1 stop to get there.

I believe HA flies to LAS. I don't know about PHX.

goodandclassy Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm

You can probably redeem miles for PHX/LAS-HNL on Hawaiian airlines - though I have not heard amazing things about their forward cabin. Not sure how the availability is, but it's an option :)

freeupgrade Jan 31, 2012 12:20 am

HA does not fly LAX-OGG.

Also, there is no start date for such a route.

DL "F" service to Hawaii is lousy from what I have heard.

Save your $$$ and sit in Y - there's really no difference.

dll Jan 31, 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 17920243)
HA does not fly LAX-OGG.

Also, there is no start date for such a route.

DL "F" service to Hawaii is lousy from what I have heard.

Save your $$$ and sit in Y - there's really no difference.

From a January 12 press release:

http://investor.hawaiianairlines.com...908&highlight=

"New Los Angeles-Maui Flights

From June 21 through August 18, Hawaiian will offer daily, nonstop service between Los Angeles and Maui, giving travelers from southern California more schedule choices for visiting Maui and making flight connections to other islands.

Hawaiian Flight #33 will depart Los Angeles International Airport daily at 9:40 a.m. and arrive at Maui’s Kahului Airport at 12:15 p.m. The return Flight #34 will depart Maui daily at 1:45 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles at 10:05 p.m.

Hawaiian will operate the Los Angeles-Maui flights using its wide-body, twin-aisle Boeing 767-300 aircraft seating up to 264 passengers, with 18 seats in first class and the remainder in economy class. "

aslsigner Mar 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Have the flights on this route gotten any better? thanks

Esltroy Mar 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Usually it is the 757-200s. Occasional a lie flat.