ST System Integration Hiccup

Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Unhappy ST System Integration Hiccup

I recently booked a trip through my travel agent. He uses Amadeus. The trip looks like this:

BOS-LHR (DL metal, DL flight no)
LHR-AMS (KL metal, KL flight no)
AMS-VCE (KL metal, KL flight no)
GVA-CDG (AF metal, AF flight no)
CDG-BOS (AF metal, DL flight no)

For the entire trip, DL is the ticketing carrier--006 ticket numbers. The KL and AF PNRs were the same as the travel agency. DL had a different PNR.

When I pulled up the trip on the AF and KL sites, I could see the entire itinerary. When I pulled it up on the DL site, it didn't show the KL flights. But it did show the AF flights.

Since KL and AF use Amadeus, it makes sense that they could see the entire trip. But DL was the ticketing carrier. Why wouldn't their system see the entire trip.

When I called the Delta Gold desk today, Karen knew exactly what I was talking about and copied the missing flights into my DL PNR.

Does anyone with inside information have any idea why this would occur?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by mikehillwig

Does anyone with inside information have any idea why this would occur?
Not insider information, but from a customer's point of view, my guess is because DL has crap IT that can barely communicate with its ST partners?

Awaiting a better explanation.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
Not insider information, but from a customer's point of view, my guess is because DL has crap IT that can barely communicate with its ST partners?

Awaiting a better explanation.
Funny thing is, it talks to US, PMCO, and PMUA fine... and US and PMUA weren't ever ST airlines
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
This has me wondering... Is the problem with Worldspan or is it how Delta operates it? Surely Worldspan can't be THAT bad.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Had a similar ST IT problem when flying AZ. As Gold's we're STE+, but AZ boarding passes had me only as "elite" causing me to be denied access to lounges despite showing my STE+ Gold card. "It's only 'elite' in the system and that's what counts," said the lounge dragon.

ST reads nice marketing on paper, but in practice it's got ways to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.