FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   A Kettle? Strange Things People Do at the Gate - Yoga Chick (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1303818-kettle-strange-things-people-do-gate-yoga-chick.html)

cullen24 Jan 18, 2012 5:52 am

A Kettle? Strange Things People Do at the Gate - Yoga Chick

Waiting at a Delta gate in PHX for a flight to SLC Jan 16th. Look in the middle of the video. The girl definitely does not understand boundaries.
The GA's were getting a laugh out of her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3McFm...xlNgAz3QhLYL_k

rylan Jan 18, 2012 5:56 am

Wonder if she got up and continued in the aisle of the plane too.

cullen24 Jan 18, 2012 6:12 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 17835907)
Wonder if she got up and continued in the aisle of the plane too.

I was asleep in 1B so I didn't bother to look. She may have brought some flax seed and soy milk on board to enjoy.

hazelrah Jan 18, 2012 6:39 am

She make a lot more sense to me than people who sit in uncomfortable, thin metal tubes for hours at a time and subject themselves to radiation. ;)

bmchris Jan 18, 2012 6:48 am

Interesting. The land of the free, yet some choose to criticize. She looks like one of the fitter people in the area.

pdisme Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am

I have to say I could probably watch her do that for a few hours and not be upset lol. Better than watching some obese parent ignore their delinquent kids as they terrorize everyone in the boarding area.

vasantn Jan 18, 2012 7:00 am

Exactly. I don't see the problem. But then this is the DL board.

This belongs in the "Least Substantive Complaint" thread.

jersian Jan 18, 2012 7:33 am

rylan Jan 18, 2012 7:35 am

Actually, if she did continue in the plane aisle, would that be considered IFE?

cullen24 Jan 18, 2012 8:12 am

Originally Posted by jersian (Post 17836384)
Somebody is doing some stretching against a wall and you film it and put it on the internet!!!! you're the person who does not understand boundaries.

This goes well beyond mere "stretching" and she was doing this long before the video. She is contorting without the support of a wall and right in the middle of the seating area. If she was smoking, we would usher her to the smoking room. There is a time and place for these activites and the gate is not the place, especially in a crowd.

There are plenty of wives that would not like being at the gate with their husbands gawking at the girl either.

AdamS Jan 18, 2012 8:18 am

Notice gate lice visible in video also. One in business suit and one wearing cowboy hat.

vasantn Jan 18, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by cullen24 (Post 17836585)
There are plenty of wives that would not like being at the gate with their husbands gawking at the girl either.

Too bad for them. Maybe they need to get out more.

taylorc418 Jan 18, 2012 8:38 am

Props to her for getting a workout in while she can, or just keeping her alignment before/after a flight. I can say I've done the same thing, and even worse, done training runs through the tunnels at ATL. Sometimes a 12 hour day of travel doesn't accommodate the workout schedule, and you fit it in where you can.

edcli Jan 18, 2012 8:42 am

What's the big deal?
Better for her than stuffing her face with Cinnabun.

Better for you than staring at a fat heffer.^

roberino Jan 18, 2012 8:44 am

It's definitely worth a look and a giggle when stuff like this happens in public, but I still say good on her. Given a choice, I'd rather see this than the herds of wild childebeest roaming free of their parents, or second rate businessmen yelling into their mobile phones about the latest $10k order they have received.