Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Kettle? Strange Things People Do at the Gate - Yoga Chick

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Kettle? Strange Things People Do at the Gate - Yoga Chick

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Got no problem with her or what she's doing but I can't stand pics/video taken with an iPhone in portrait mode. Unless its a tall building or rocket launch, I just don't get it...
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Just watched the video, and the question I have is - do you always take randomly-aimed 4+ minute videos in the gate area in the hopes that something interesting will happen? Or did you know she was there and it just took 2 minutes for her to pop into frame? I love the contrast of her über summery outfit and the gentleman in the overcoat.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: DL DM
This should help in the future: http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2...lace-to-relax/

I think it's a great idea!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Wow, an American that chooses to be healthy? She should be sitting around drinking soft drinks, eating fast food, and playing computer games like the rest of the people. Talk about a dumb post. She should be used as an example. Health care costs are so high in this country in large part because people don't take care of themselves. Doing yoga before a flight is one of the best things people can do. You might try it yourself before criticizing others.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
I like the bystander's question: "Would you get half-naked and do your yoga in the middle of a concourse?" If that's half naked, I wonder what fully-nude is to that life of the party. Shoes off?
Old May 25, 2013, 8:56 am

Another creepy religious zealot realizes that his "morals" aren't shared by the unwashed masses...

I love how the op is demonstrating the most antisocial behavior in this instance, and then looking for support from the Internet.
Old May 25, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The only issue I see is some guy videotaping random people and then posting it on YouTube. It's not sort of creepy, it's extremely creepy
Old May 25, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
... It's not sort of creepy, it's extremely creepy
You've just described living in the theocracy that is Utah.
Old May 25, 2013, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ti22
Got no problem with her or what she's doing but I can't stand pics/video taken with an iPhone in portrait mode. Unless its a tall building or rocket launch, I just don't get it...
Thank you.

Iiiiiiii'mmmmm gonna put 'er on (dat d'ere) FlyerTalk, and YouTube!!!!!
Because that'll teach her!!!!
Old May 25, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: MVPG
Kudos to the young lady. "Honey Badger don't care..."
Old May 26, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
The only issue I see is some guy videotaping random people and then posting it on YouTube. It's not sort of creepy, it's extremely creepy
^
Old May 26, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM PM
^

Plus, the comment by the OP or some bystander "I hope she breaks something" was pretty obnoxious.

Good for the woman doing yoga, keeping up her workout routine while on travel. I wouldn't say she has a problem with "no boundaries" (though I would say this about someone taking & posting videos of her without her permission), but that she's refreshingly un-self-conscious.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by roberino
It's definitely worth a look and a giggle when stuff like this happens in public, but I still say good on her. Given a choice, I'd rather see this than the herds of wild childebeest roaming free of their parents, or second rate businessmen yelling into their mobile phones about the latest $10k order they have received.
Right. Particularly if they have creased jeans. And you mean bluetooth, not handset right?
Old May 26, 2013, 7:03 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Just watched the video, and the question I have is - do you always take randomly-aimed 4+ minute videos in the gate area in the hopes that something interesting will happen? Or did you know she was there and it just took 2 minutes for her to pop into frame? I love the contrast of her über summery outfit and the gentleman in the overcoat.
NO doubt.

This whole thing screams of Creeper Status....

Keeping all of my hotties in yoga pants away from your phone at any gate in my hometown of SkyHarbor....
Old May 26, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Executive
+1

Originally Posted by flyerslc
You've just described living in the theocracy that is Utah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.