FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta, Westjet Launch Codeshare Agreement (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1303470-delta-westjet-launch-codeshare-agreement.html)

NWA_5479 Jan 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 17859132)

MSP-YQT ended a while ago (mid 2010?) as the SF3 flying started to be reduced.

Thanks, I didn't notice that. I know a DM who used to fly that route quite frequently to visit family; it was never cheap but always empty!

SamuelS Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Glad to hear of the formalisation of the WS-DL tie-up as a YYC based flyer here.

Though, like others, a bit puzzled at some of the routes (both those being code-shared, as well as for those that are missing).

YYC-LAS and YVR-HNL are interesting. YYC-YVR seems a bit superflous as both cities offer broadly the same DL hub service, and the YYC-YVR coded DL flights don't even pull up for routes like YYC-YVR-HNL.

DL coded WS flights earn miles, but does that also mean MQM?

As an OT side note, coinciding with the loading of the code shares seems to have made a change in the MPM for many of the ex YYC fares. YYC-SEA (about 500 miles) for instance now permits YYC-MSP-SEA (2450 miles). Perhaps some interesting mileage run opportunities :D

mtkeller Jan 23, 2012 1:53 am

I'm looking at using YYZ-YHZ to get to a conference this summer, but the DL codes on those flights don't seem to be loaded yet. I thought maybe it would take until schedule updates were loaded this weekend, but still nothing and I'm seeing other DL-coded WS-operated flights are loaded. Anyone have thoughts on what's up with the lack of YYZ-YHZ?

lrbenko Mar 14, 2012 4:26 pm

WestJet and Delta Codeshare

Anyone have any experience on any of these codeshares? I booked this all on a Delta ticket and didn't realize the Westjet codeshare on the Vancouver-Toronto leg (duh on my part). I did notice you can't choose your seat in advance unless you pay (and there's a thread on this subject under Westjet). I'm guessing I'll still get full MQM credit, though when I called the Diamond hotline the rep didn't seem to think so. Anyone have any luck with these? Thanks!

mtkeller Mar 14, 2012 5:37 pm

As long as you booked the DL-coded flight, you'll earn miles as if it were DL-operated. So far, no exclusion or reduction on cheap fares like VA-operated, DL-coded flights booked in LUT. I'm considering booking the WS YHZ-YYZ flight a bit down the road, but will probably SDC off of it in the end.

ross123 Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

One thing to take into consideration is the seating. Westjet has a policy of assigning seats 24hrs in advance unless you are willing to pay. I did this today for an upcoming trip. Seat price based on duration of flight or you can take your chances at T-24.

Item two is that the reference number is the Delta reference number and not westjets. When you want to check in you will want that. A quick call to 888-Westjet takes care of that. As the OP said his was the connection but I did the nonstop to LAS so it's check in at Westjet on both sides.

SamuelS Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 18201988)
I'm considering booking the WS YHZ-YYZ flight a bit down the road, but will probably SDC off of it in the end.

Be careful.

I had a DL coded AS operated flight for last leg SEA-YYC. I was not allowed to SDC because it was operated by another carrier other than DL. I'm not sure if I was given bogus info or whether this is correct, but even if you can SDC off other airline operated flights, expect some resistance when you call in.

mtkeller Mar 15, 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by SamuelS (Post 18202623)
Be careful.

I had a DL coded AS operated flight for last leg SEA-YYC. I was not allowed to SDC because it was operated by another carrier other than DL. I'm not sure if I was given bogus info or whether this is correct, but even if you can SDC off other airline operated flights, expect some resistance when you call in.

My understanding of the rule is that you can SDC from another carrier's DL-coded flight to a DL-operated flight only, but it does seem that some agents think that no SDC is allowed if another carrier is operating anything.

nycflyer75 Mar 15, 2012 9:49 am

I'd be curious to know too on both accounts - MQM on westjet and SDC from DL coded flight to DL metal
I'm flying westjet YYC-YYZ connecting to JFK end of the month

AA_EXP09 Mar 15, 2012 10:09 am

Originally Posted by nycflyer75 (Post 18205933)
I'd be curious to know too on both accounts - MQM on westjet and SDC from DL coded flight to DL metal

I would take WS YYC-CHI and interline with AA to LGA/JFK.

lrbenko Mar 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by nycflyer75 (Post 18205933)

I'll post an update on here next week. I'm flying this route next Thursday.

pbiflyer Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

More WestJet codeshare questions

I am flying PBI-LGA-YYZ and return. the PBI-LGA legs are DL metal and the LGA-YYZ legs are WestJet.

1. If I fly into Terminal D and out of C, how long does it take to get between the 2?

2. Will Delta be able to get me seats 24 hours out? Or do I have to call WestJet?

3. On the return, would I clear customs in Canada, like I would on DL metal?

4. Has anyone successfully done a SDC with a WestJet codeshare?

sethb Aug 17, 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by pbiflyer (Post 19141123)
I am flying PBI-LGA-YYZ and return. the PBI-LGA legs are DL metal and the LGA-YYZ legs are WestJet.

1. If I fly into Terminal D and out of C, how long does it take to get between the 2?

The bus ride is 1 minute. The walk in D down to the bus is longer (and probably longer than the walk to C will be). The walk inside C between the bus stop and the gates is longer yet. With the wait for the bus, 10-15 minutes is plenty.

stevekstevek Aug 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SamuelS (Post 18202623)
Be careful.

Did you mean Horizon here, or does AS actually run a 737 up to YYC?

pbiflyer Aug 26, 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 19141163)
The bus ride is 1 minute. The walk in D down to the bus is longer (and probably longer than the walk to C will be). The walk inside C between the bus stop and the gates is longer yet. With the wait for the bus, 10-15 minutes is plenty.

So, that also means I will have to re-clear security? So with a 45 minute layover, if I arrive at D and depart C, I am likely screwed. Or is there a way to get from D to C without leaving security?

Since Delta is in both, is there a good way to tell if I will be arriving in one or the other?