Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Packages

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR (Gold for Life), AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinun
Medallion Packages

Anyone know when DL will mail our 2012 packages out?

Made Diamond and hoping my SFO-ATL and SFO-JFK upgrade chances will increase.

FWIW, have had great luck using upgrade certs on M fares to Europe particularly with KLM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC, in previous years my DM package was mailed about the last week of February. You may or might not receive it by March 1.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC, in previous years my DM package was mailed about the last week of February. You may or might not receive it by March 1.
Wow that seems a long way off. I just made PM and was hoping for my new shiny card this month. Ah well c'est la vie
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
What if one qualified for DM after being a PM? I passed 125K MQMs for the first time in Dec. (Yes, due to rollover.) Any hope of getting the fancy metal tags before Feb or am I in with the normal SM communication schedule?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
I would assume they will be sent out as you qualify unless the tags are changing this year.

I received my PM packet in September and the card doesn't expire until 2013. Makes me think the cards aren't changing this year.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
During the year, new cards but not necessarily complete packages are mailed out as people qualify for new higher elite levels. At some point this ends and those cards tend to be sent in the big batch of packages that are produced when DL figures out the list of all elites for the next year. YMMV.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Wife was GM in 2011, earned PM in December and just got her PM cards this week. Not sure what else was in the package.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
FWIW I hit FO in December and received card and bag tags earlier this week. The card expiration is Feb 2013, but all the literature in package was geared toward the 2011 program year.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BritNYC

Seems like it was mid to late Feb last year when the DM packages were mailed out. I recall some received them sooner than others. At some point, DL has to decide they are no longer going to send out last year's package but not sure when that cut-off date is.

Better news, this should have no impact on your UG chances. As soon as DL recognizes your Diamond status, you are in the pool for the seats.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
During the year, new cards but not necessarily complete packages are mailed out as people qualify for new higher elite levels. At some point this ends and those cards tend to be sent in the big batch of packages that are produced when DL figures out the list of all elites for the next year. YMMV.
I've waited three of the "three to four weeks" that DL said my new credentials would be arriving by after crossing the threshold shortly before christmas...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.7MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BritNYC

FWIW, have had great luck using upgrade certs on M fares to Europe particularly with KLM.
Packets normally begin being mailed out in February (GM>PM>GM>SM). Though, I don't know how the receipt of your 2012 welcome packet helps your upgrade changes. If you had the MQMs required at the end of 2011 (inclusive of rollover), then you already are the level that will correspond to the packet you will receive. No better upgrade priority/positioning will come of it.

On a side note, great to hear of your luck using the SWUs. That is good news.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
March for me. But I have my KM tag, I need nothing else.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
In the past few years I've always received my packet about 4-5 weeks after crossing a threshold. I hit PM in November and I got my package right before the first of the year. (2011 Packet)

Last year I got my first 2011 package around mid-late Feb. I expect the same this year.

I've always received a full packet. My PM package included the drink coupons, job well done certs and my new tags.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, SPG, Hilton Gold
I just hit GM for the first time. What can I expect in my package. From a little research, looks like just a card, Gold luggage tag, and possibly free drink coupons?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by AJDelvarno
Wife was GM in 2011, earned PM in December and just got her PM cards this week. Not sure what else was in the package.
Same here. I earned my PM last day of December, so perhaps...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.