Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Packages

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Broke my second luggage tag from 2011 last night, so hopefully my package shows up soon.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Received PM package today and noticed that the "drink" coupons now include the option of a non-perishable snack, similar to the HOOU coupons. IIRC, last year's coupons in my medallion package did not have this snack option --- this could come in handy in those cases where the banana and Biscoff bandits are on the loose.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Seems like they are showing up slowly. Mine arrived sometime over the past few days while I was away.

Really, nothing to get excited about this year. Except for a few JWD/HOOU coupons, it is basically tags just like last year. Only other benefit to the new package may be the new Diamond card with your name on it and the new expiration date but that is only important to those who actually use the card for whatever reason.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

In the old days they'd release details of the new program when these packages came out. Guess DL's not done fleecing bennies yet?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Received PM package today and noticed that the "drink" coupons now include the option of a non-perishable snack, similar to the HOOU coupons. IIRC, last year's coupons in my medallion package did not have this snack option --- this could come in handy in those cases where the banana and Biscoff bandits are on the loose.

Correct, previous medallion HOOU coupons didn't include non-perishable snack. Good minor change.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Recieved DL's PM "credentials"

Yeppers, got the package yesterday. In my experience, the only value in carrying the PM card is when traveling overseas.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta American Express
What happens if you purchase a ticket while you are Silver but you become Gold months before you actually fly? Does you ticket reflect your GOld status?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, Prior Clb
Long time luker- Finally have something to add. Hello to all.

Well, here is a new one. Business associate has been gold for a long time. Last year was no where near plat and they gave him plat. This year, he technically made plat due to Amex reserve spend, but flew very little.

What do you suppose they give him? Diamond. The spend on the AMEX must be the deal, as he pays for many company bills on this. I am really amazed they give this away with very little actual flying being done. Of course me with 100K miles, I am still plat. Lucky guy I guess. Anyone else heard of this?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Shefra
What happens if you purchase a ticket while you are Silver but you become Gold months before you actually fly? Does you ticket reflect your GOld status?
Your reservation will update when your status updates. If you don't see if update, you can call the medallion desk and have them fix it. Last year I hit GM in March after I had booked an international trip for June. My status updated on my reservation and I was able to get EC for 1/2 off.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Have all of the packages been received?... just wondering, I am on a two week Int'l and returning first week in Mar. Nothing changes as I will still be Diamond and it will show up on my boarding pass, but the cards "expires" Feb 2012. I live in the worst US postal code in the country and the sad fact is that the postal workers recognize it too.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I live in the worst US postal code in the country and the sad fact is that the postal workers recognize it too.
Just curious, what is the worst zip code in the US? Why so?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Just curious, what is the worst zip code in the US? Why so?
Anything that encompases Los Angeles, CA?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MnBimmerdrvr
Long time luker- Finally have something to add. Hello to all.

Well, here is a new one. Business associate has been gold for a long time. Last year was no where near plat and they gave him plat. This year, he technically made plat due to Amex reserve spend, but flew very little.

What do you suppose they give him? Diamond. The spend on the AMEX must be the deal, as he pays for many company bills on this. I am really amazed they give this away with very little actual flying being done. Of course me with 100K miles, I am still plat. Lucky guy I guess. Anyone else heard of this?
He will still be a Plat. Gifted status does not give you any MQM's and they will not bump him up another level. He will need to earn 125K MQM's in a calendar year to make Diamond.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ti22
Correct, previous medallion HOOU coupons didn't include non-perishable snack. Good minor change.
My Plat coupons from last year included snack items. I still have a couple left over. I doubt my coupons are unique. The coupons from Skybonus are beverage only, perhaps you are confusing the two.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
DM here and still no package. no biggie as the current card still gets me into lounge and the barcode works to have the boarding card print.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:23 pm

Anyone else disappointed that it is the exact same design as last year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.