Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Packages

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Still no love in the mail from DL.
Me neither. Apparently the SkyMiles program has me on double-secret probation.....
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Package....we don't need no stinkin package.

(For those of you with no clue, refer here: http://youtu.be/-lj056ao6GE)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by mspfly
I just hit GM for the first time. What can I expect in my package. From a little research, looks like just a card, Gold luggage tag, and possibly free drink coupons?
I got two gold bag tags, my GM ID card, and four HOOU coupons.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:58 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
The DM tag is made of the same material.

The 1 MM status symbol is smaller and is now in the lower right hand corner of the tag.

There has also been a devaluation in the Job Well Done certs - we are now down to 4 at 1,000 points a piece.

One tag also came with it's first deformation as one side of it is dented and scratched from where it was banged into the wire tag holders.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot

The 1 MM status symbol is smaller and is now in the lower right hand corner of the tag.

There has also been a devaluation in the Job Well Done certs - we are now down to 4 at 1,000 points a piece.

One tag also came with it's first deformation as one side of it is dented and scratched from where it was banged into the wire tag holders.
I have yet to get my DM package. But I was hoping the tag would be made of different material. I am so tired of the cowbell noise. I usually hold it to prevent that noise. That said, when I went through customs in ATL on a flight from DXB the agent wanted to know what the jingley-bell noise was. And he said it in a rude tone of voice. I told him and he said "Stop making that noise". When I put my carry-on down the cowbell noise came on again. He said "I thought I told you to stop making that noise". Seesh...some of these agents really get carried away with power. I knew from the tone of his voice that he would single me out for a secondary inspection and sure enough I was. Then I got a survey from DL asking me how my experience through customs was. I had never gotten something like that before. My thought is maybe this guy had a lot of complaints. This time I think I will wrap that DM tag with something—but what?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Is there a chance that the packets sent out are for late Q4 qualifiers?

I received a package for PM when I qualified in Sept and the cards don't expire until 2013. I just assumed that unless the cards changed that I wouldn't receive anything new for this year.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:45 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Junior Varsity
Is there a chance that the packets sent out are for late Q4 qualifiers?
No - I re-qualified for DM in June last year.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Sure haven't seen many of those upgrades this year as a DM MM. Don't know what they changed, why they changed it, or how, but VERY FEW UGs clear 5 days out anymore.

Haven't received anything and hit DM again last October. Guess the check's in the mail...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot

Yup - same crap tags. I honestly don't know what they are thinking. I'd prefer they just go back to the plastic. And I'm disappointed with the reduction in atta' boy certs because I actually liked giving them out over the year when a Delta employee did me a solid and delivered great service.

What is even more disappointing is there are no changes/improvements to the program itself. Still dreaming of at least one real any fare SWU (ala NW days) and Perkchoice would be great to have back too.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
So the SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus is still then in microscopic print. I guess that's part of a concentrated effort to have DL FFs denied access to as many non-DL ST lounges as possible, that ultimately ends up saving DL $$.

Especially sucks for Golds, who are still the least likely to be recognized as ST E+ without that in legible print on the card.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
I have yet to get my DM package. But I was hoping the tag would be made of different material. I am so tired of the cowbell noise. I usually hold it to prevent that noise. That said, when I went through customs in ATL on a flight from DXB the agent wanted to know what the jingley-bell noise was. And he said it in a rude tone of voice. I told him and he said "Stop making that noise". When I put my carry-on down the cowbell noise came on again. He said "I thought I told you to stop making that noise". Seesh...some of these agents really get carried away with power. I knew from the tone of his voice that he would single me out for a secondary inspection and sure enough I was. Then I got a survey from DL asking me how my experience through customs was. I had never gotten something like that before. My thought is maybe this guy had a lot of complaints. This time I think I will wrap that DM tag with something—but what?

Laminate it
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.7MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Mine arrived (DM) in today's mail and I am in Atlanta. No surprises. Looks pretty identical to last years. Card, luggage tags, drink coupons and JWD certs. No new news.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Laminate it
You could always remove the tag. Imagine... instant silence...

Of course, removing the tag does ensure that the rest of the world is not aware of your look-at-me, DYKWIA status. Lord knows what would happen were that to transpire...
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
I never received my package last year and had to call for a replacement. Of course they only sent a new card so I did not receive any JWD or drink certs. Hopefully this year will be better
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
Still waiting on my PM package. Not very long before my existing card expires!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.