Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Come on back to Delta.com"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

"Come on back to Delta.com"

I've gotten no less than 4 emails like this in the past few weeks, usually after going to .dumb to check flight status or to see if I've made the World Record for most schedule changes to a single itinerary yet:

YOUR TRIP BEGINS AT DELTA.COM

Visit delta.com for stress-free ticketing.
(unless you're trying to book an award ticket)

Hello Mr. iTanNicNic,
Thank you for visiting delta.com. We know your life is busy, and making flight reservations should be the least of your worries. Well, consider delta.com your one-stop shop, offering our Best Fare Guarantee, Best Hotel Price Guarantee, and the most convenient booking process around (bullsh!t)

Book at delta.com and take advantage of:
No direct ticketing charges or online booking fees
Bonus miles for hotel, car or other trip amenities
Flexible and easy-to-navigate flight searches with our lowest published fares highlighted (bullsh!t)
Real-time flight notifications and courtesy reminders (bullsh!t)
And remember you can save time and skip lines by checking in online up to 24 hours before your flight.

So come on back to delta.com to book your next flight. We're ready and waiting. (usually)
Anybody else getting these in excess?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I have gotten a fair number recently as well. I book through a TA, so I just delete these as I get them.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ITanNicNic
I've gotten no less than 4 emails like this in the past few weeks, usually after going to .dumb to check flight status or to see if I've made the World Record for most schedule changes to a single itinerary yet:

Anybody else getting these in excess?
Every time you walk through a booking and do not pull the trigger they send one of those to you.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Every time you walk through a booking and do not pull the trigger they send one of those to you.
Well that's silly. Send me a coupon or some SkyPesos instead.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I've gotten the email in question as well, but nowhere near as many times as I search without buying an itin
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
I have gotten a fair number recently as well.
70-to-90% of the time I book through www.delta.com, balance 10-30% through the online travel agencies mainly www.orbitz.com.
I just delete these as I get them.
It's just worthless mail!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by captaink
I've gotten the email in question as well, but nowhere near as many times as I search without buying an itin
You mean because of something like this:

"Whoops, let's try that again"

"The flights you have entered do not exist"

"We're sorry, the fares you are trying to purchase just sold out"

"04239483 Error, please try back later"

"We're experiencing technical difficulties, please try back later"

"The flights you are looking for do not exist"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.