Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Date and flight number?
June 16/17/18, 2011
was delta's mechanical fault
no weather problems

Last edited by iluvairlines; Dec 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm Reason: I said July instead of June!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
DL only has one daily NRT-MSP on flight 622, don't they? From what I can see, it hasn't been cancelled since September...

[edit]The only flights NRT-MSP on July 16, 17, and 18 were indeed Delta 622, all of which operated on time for those dates.[/edit]
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz FS, SPG Plt, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DLFan2
BTW: Prepare yourself--eventually someone will say "They got you home, didn't they? That's compensation enough!"
Couldn't help but chuckle at this. I've been reading these forums for awhile now and don't get involved in these types of threads, but based on my observation this is spot on. Well played, sir!

To OP, I hope you get more compensation as it does sound like a painful journey.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by iluvairlines
July 16/17/18, 2011
no weather problems
It is now December... What has taken so long for you to bring this issue up with DL and here on FT? Just curious...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iluvairlines
July 16/17/18, 2011
no weather problems
Sorry OP Im this happened in July and some 5 months later you ask FT what you should do? did you wait till now to contact DL?

something doesnt add up, why did you wait so long to post this on FT? especially since it seems DL never offered you anything more. As for sleeping on the floor at HND for 10 hrs, no one forced you to, you could have gone to a Hotel. should DL have paid it depends on what you agreed to when you accepted the HND flight
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, SW A+, HH Diamond, HGP Diamond
Originally Posted by rwoman
@DeltaAssist on twitter may be able to help as well.
Yes... Tweet it.

Last edited by jdshaw971; Dec 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
This is gonna be good...

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond
Calling BS on the Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
DL only has one daily NRT-MSP on flight 622, don't they? From what I can see, it hasn't been cancelled since September...

[edit]The only flights NRT-MSP on July 16, 17, and 18 were indeed Delta 622, all of which operated on time for those dates.[/edit]
Based on your message, I call BS on the original poster. It looks like he is making up a nonsensical story just to get points/$$ out of Delta. It sounds like there were no cancelations of the NRT-MSP flight on the days in question.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:04 pm

Darn, looks like it's all made-up!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes

Yeah...I couldn't see anything for those dates.
And....you're a "Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond" and you chose to
sleep on the floor? Hmmm.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Damn.. he really had me going.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Call Delta corp, they generally are more reasonable
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by DLFan2
Compensation for flight delay rules are different for international flights vs domestic, and even for flights originating in different countries. If your flight falls under EU rules you generally are entitled to more than you'd get elsewhere.
EU 261/2004 only applies to flights to/from the EU.

OP was not even flying via the EU so it does not apply.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
maybe OP didn't want to reveal incriminating details as to his identity so he made up *parts* of the story.

Maybe OP just wants to know *generally* speaking how much one should be compensated for such a debacle
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
I'm just going to assume that you faced an international delay that inconvenienced you greatly and put you in an uncomfortable situation during your trip. I don't care whether you really went from NRT-MSP or any other international route.

In a situation like this, $100 is completely unacceptable. I would definitely send them an e-mail and ask it be handled by a supervisor/manager and let them know how this situation affected you, and that you have been a loyal Delta member. As for what is fair compensation, in all honesty I would just ask for half the amount of the ticket paid if not full. Sure, that may sound unreasonable to some...I'm not saying that is what they'll do, but they "should" try and work with you on something higher than $100. If your ticket was worth $1000...ask for that. Who knows what you will get in the end, but shoot for the stars and maybe you'll land on something much better.

When it comes to compensation, I would say that for the most part....DL has been fair in situations that have inconvenienced me. This is actually one of the reasons why I stick to DL...if something goes wrong and affects my travel, they make sure I get home as soon as possible and do what they can to make up for it.

Best of luck. (and if your entire story was just false and you experienced nothing...then just get a life.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.