Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Caught talking loudly in the DCA SkyClub...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caught talking loudly in the DCA SkyClub...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Talking Caught talking loudly in the DCA SkyClub...

Having suffered through FAR too many people talking loudly on their mobile phones in various SkyClubs....this greatly amused me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDJVNJDJ4s
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Burj
Having suffered through FAR too many people talking loudly on their mobile phones in various SkyClubs....this greatly amused me:

Story lost credibility about :03 in when he called it a "Crown Lounge"
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skoker
I'm sure who ever reported the story still knows it as the Crown Room...D.C. lives in its own world...

I just love that someone actually has to deal with the fall out of talking too loudly on their phone while in the lounge!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:53 am

Wait a minute, did he say the lounge is a public place??? I thought it was a private oasis FROM the public. Oh, man, I guess I can't use being a SC member as a "I'm Cool" label anymore
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runfit
Wait a minute, did he say the lounge is a public place??? I thought it was a private oasis FROM the public.
When Delta started selling passes on GROUPON the SkyClubs lost any last fig leaf of "exclusivity"....
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Agreed...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
When Delta started selling passes on GROUPON the SkyClubs lost any last fig leaf of "exclusivity"....
they lost it long before groupon....it started with the downgrades made to the former World Clubs...ie replacing real cheese with "cheese like food products"
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta, United
I thought it was "Clown Lounge"
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:39 am

I actually made money off a somebody speaking way too loudly on his cell phone at the FLL SkyClub.

During the conversion the Gentleman dropped enough hints that I was able to short the stock and made money when the stock fell due to the issue the Gentleman was discussing on his phone.

So, while annoying it cane be profitable.

Dan
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:45 am
Suspended

Head Bangers

Well, these are rude people and most likely head gangers when young, as they have a serious hearing loss.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
Talking

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Well, these are rude people and most likely head gangers when young, as they have a serious hearing loss.
That's head bangers sir! Now we've become Doctors, Lawyers, CEO, Engineers, etc. The lead vocalist of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden is an airline pilot. Buckle up!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: DL KM (charter)
Originally Posted by dan1431
I actually....
As a former white-collar-criminal defense lawyer practicing in the States, you should probably NOT tell anyone about this success you had...EVER.

The U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission may take a different view of the profits from your actions.

Just sayin'
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by socrates
they lost it long before groupon....it started with the downgrades made to the former World Clubs...ie replacing real cheese with "cheese like food products"
So you like real cheese with your whine?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:59 pm

I actually made money off a somebody speaking way too loudly on his cell phone at the FLL SkyClub.

So, while annoying it cane be profitable.

Dan
Careful. Trading on nonpublic info, regardless of how received can get you in trouble. Exec who talks about such things in public without proper authorization should be fired.

Last edited by El Boocho; Dec 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Dan

That's the perfect crime! You know up until the 'brag about it on the Internet' part...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.