Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond Baggage Tags - Metal or Plastic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

2012 DMs - what do you prefer?

Do you want your 2012 DM baggage tags to be the metal "cow bell" sounding tags?

Or would you rather go back to quiet plastic? Less noise, less attention drawn to you? But fewer lost and bent?

Respond and vote! Metal? Plastic?

And please, you FT oldies - just play along - this one is just for fun.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
The FO's are getting a piece of coal with there SM # and name embossed in it !
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Its the easiest way to spot each other. I bet I've seen (heard) hundreds of other diamonds the last year that I most likely never would have ever bothered to look at/notice, mind the clank clank clank.

I find the sound a little annoying, and end up holding my tag to silence it often. I wish It were plastic, maybe with little fake diamonds around the outside.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:23 pm

Maybe you could 'bedazzle' them. The plastic bling will minimize the noise.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
That would be an upgrade from what FOs get now.

I would wear it around my neck as bling.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
ATLANTA, Dec. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) announced today that they will only be providing Silver Elites with a generic lump of coal this year. "We emboss the name and SkyMiles number on the luggage tags of our best Ham Sandwiches...I mean customers. For this reason this year Silver elites will be getting a generic lump of coal without any name or SM number" said Jeff Robertson, VP of Ham Sandwich (oops again...we mean Customer) Loyalty. " this was a tough decision but one we know was correct".
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by avidflyer
ATLANTA, Dec. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) announced today that they will only be providing Silver Elites with a generic lump of coal this year. "We emboss the name and SkyMiles number on the luggage tags of our best Ham Sandwiches...I mean customers. For this reason this year Silver elites will be getting a generic lump of coal without any name or SM number" said Jeff Robertson, VP of Ham Sandwich (oops again...we mean Customer) Loyalty. " this was a tough decision but one we know was correct".
HAHAHAHA just made my night
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
atlanta, dec. 21, 2011 /prnewswire/ -- delta air lines (nyse: Dal) announced today that they will only be providing silver elites with a generic lump of coal this year. "we emboss the name and skymiles number on the luggage tags of our best ham sandwiches...i mean customers. For this reason this year silver elites will be getting a generic lump of coal without any name or sm number" said jeff robertson, vp of ham sandwich (oops again...we mean customer) loyalty. " this was a tough decision but one we know was correct".
+1 brilliant!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I am gonna pay my graphics guy to make me a Ham Sandwich tag....
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Put me down for one..
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Put me down for one..
Gonna go for the Andy Worhol / Velvet Underground Bananna look...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Personally I thought Delta had a brilliant idea with the metal Diamond baggage tags-- actually I have never used them for baggage. Instead, I basically have carried the card around in my wallet as my Diamond Medallion card. (Feedback to Delta: If they are investing in metal tags and even personalizing them with million miler status, why don't they issue the Diamond Medallion membership cards in metal? That even makes the card an heirloom keepsake and memento.) While Delta may not have intended the metal bag tag to be a Medallion membership card, I think the metal tag is as extraordinary in its category as the metal AMEX charge card I carry around.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gonna go for the Andy Worhol / Velvet Underground Bananna look...
Nice.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Oooh...that would go great with my KM tag!^
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
TH - absolutely brilliant - I want one!!!

Avid - awesome news release. Can't wait to read it on DL.com as I doubt you are far off!! You think GMs will at least get engraved coal!?!?!

From now on maybe the new requirement to be DM will be to take a bunch of FO's and squeeze them together really, really, really hard...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.