Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Made Plat for 2011 in Dec., received 2012-13 Medallion Credentials Dec. 20, 2011?

Made Plat for 2011 in Dec., received 2012-13 Medallion Credentials Dec. 20, 2011?

Old Dec 20, 11, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat Amb , Marriott LTP

I made Plat for the first time early Dec. and in the mail the other day, received my Plat credentials for balance of 2011, 2012, and beginning of 2013. I though that I was going to have to wait until Feb to receive them, but surprise?????? I was hoping to get my 2011 Choice Benefit but am not able to get anything but 2012 benefit choice.

From what I can see from the card and luggage tags that I have look like 2011 issue. Anyone else?
Old Dec 20, 11, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE View Post
I made Plat for the first time early Dec. and in the mail the other day, received my Plat credentials for balance of 2011, 2012, and beginning of 2013. I though that I was going to have to wait until Feb to receive them, but surprise?????? I was hoping to get my 2011 Choice Benefit but am not able to get anything but 2012 benefit choice.

From what I can see from the card and luggage tags that I have look like 2011 issue. Anyone else?
You received what you deserved. I made PLAT back in Oct and received same packet you listed.
Old Dec 20, 11, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
DM Card received a few weeks ago good thru Feb 2013. Included JWD certs, HOOU coupons, etc.

Also SO's gifted GM card arrived and also good through Feb 2013. No certs or coupons.

SkyClub card arrived and updated through mid-2013 reflecting leftover months as well.

Guessing that DL will not be issuing a mass mailing in late Feb as in previous years.
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP View Post
DM Card received a few weeks ago good thru Feb 2013. Included JWD certs, HOOU coupons, etc.

Also SO's gifted GM card arrived and also good through Feb 2013. No certs or coupons.

SkyClub card arrived and updated through mid-2013 reflecting leftover months as well.

Guessing that DL will not be issuing a mass mailing in late Feb as in previous years.
I qualified for Diamond in October 2011 and was sent a packet shortly thereafter good through 2/2012 and then subsequently received a second packet in February (which included my all-important clanky Diamond tags )
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP View Post

I have qualified for Diamond for the next two years and haven't received anything yet. Guess it will arrive sometime in February. Maybe the early qualifiers are late bloomers to DL.
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
Made FO, Gold and Platinum - all in the same year and I got the tags and other stuff in 2 weeks period every time.
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP and LT PL, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sez_Who View Post
I have qualified for Diamond for the next two years and haven't received anything yet. Guess it will arrive sometime in February. Maybe the early qualifiers are late bloomers to DL.
Quick question....how do you qualify for DM for the next two years?
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; PC36100 Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hit gold in September and no card or packet yet, still rocking the FO tags.
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by nabco View Post
That is assuming that the rollover policy continues. I am in the same boat, 277K miles last year and 310K miles this year, so if rollover continues, I'll rollover 337K this year, which would be enough for DM for the next years, and PM the third year without even getting on a plane. I guess this is DLs soft landing program.
Old Dec 20, 11, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Originally Posted by SYRRDU View Post
I guess this is DLs soft landing program.
nail on the head
Old Dec 20, 11, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
Originally Posted by jzoz01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; PC36100 Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hit gold in September and no card or packet yet, still rocking the FO tags.
You might wanna check with them - never takes more than 2-3 weeks.
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
Originally Posted by nabco View Post
Easy, just acquire 250,000 or more MQMs between 1/1 and 12/31. Or rollover a crap load of miles from the previous year and acquire the difference.
Old Dec 20, 11, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Experience tells me that you will receive a new packet (with the new Elite cards/tags for 2012/13) in February, even though your new cards show that they are valid through 2/2013.

The loophole which allowed Choice Benefit selections for both program years has been corrected, but the packet you received in the mail is a "holdover" packet until the packets for the new program year are available in February.
Old Dec 21, 11, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaWings View Post
Experience tells me that you will receive a new packet (with the new Elite cards/tags for 2012/13) in February, even though your new cards show that they are valid through 2/2013.

The loophole which allowed Choice Benefit selections for both program years has been corrected, but the packet you received in the mail is a "holdover" packet until the packets for the new program year are available in February.
Hmm, my DM card (earned in 2011 in Sep) says 2013 as well, we'll see.
Old Dec 21, 11, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
I qualified for Diamond in October 2011 and was sent a packet shortly thereafter good through 2/2012 and then subsequently received a second packet in February (which included my all-important clanky Diamond tags )
I'm only DM and do not have any other access vehicles to the skyclub other then through my status. The skyclub card I got in the mail says valid till Feb 2014. How can that be? Ive only got enough rollover to give me DM through 2013?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: