Chances of Actual Overbooking

Old Dec 19, 11, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
Chances of Actual Overbooking

Just wondering whath the chances of actual overbooking are during this Holiday season...

I'm scheduled to fly JFK- MS tomorrow afternoon on DL 70 which appears to be overbooked by 9 in the back (I checked with an agent) but keeps selling even in T fare class...

Is this period any different, considering people are not as willing to modify their plans, as they would be any other time of the year (because of the Christmas Holidays)

Old Dec 19, 11, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
They're still selling T and it's J9. They're nowhere near the pre-planned overbooking limit.
Old Dec 19, 11, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post
Just wondering whath the chances of actual overbooking are during this Holiday season...

I'm scheduled to fly JFK- MS tomorrow afternoon on DL 70 which appears to be overbooked by 9 in the back (I checked with an agent) but keeps selling even in T fare class...

Is this period any different, considering people are not as willing to modify their plans, as they would be any other time of the year (because of the Christmas Holidays)

That does not look that overbooked. I doubt they will need any VDB's.
Old Dec 19, 11, 10:30 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
And as has been said in other threads, chances of overbooking are usually pretty good. The chance your flight is actually oversold and needs volunteers is a completely different story. There is a difference between the two terms.
Old Dec 19, 11, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
And as has been said in other threads, chances of overbooking are usually pretty good. The chance your flight is actually oversold and needs volunteers is a completely different story. There is a difference between the two terms.
And that's exactly what I was saying. If the chances of actually being oversold ( pardon the mistake) are greater during this Holdiday period

Search this Thread
Search Engine: