Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Change Starting 15 DEC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Does it also apply to the $200 vouchers courtesy of PM/DM Choice Benefits ?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by thesaints
Does it also apply to the $200 vouchers courtesy of PM/DM Choice Benefits ?
Applies to any eTCV or eCredit issued or on after December 15, 2011 (Source: Diamond Desk Supervisor, 3-4 minutes ago)
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
If this is legit, good luck finding volunteers to VDB and expect more IDB and unhappy pax. If I can't combine vouchers, my travel plans suddenly became very inflexible.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:56 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ekozie
If this is legit, good luck finding volunteers to VDB and expect more IDB and unhappy pax. If I can't combine vouchers, my travel plans suddenly became very inflexible.
I bet the average traveler isn't going to care or know. But I agree with your sentiment - it will make me think twice about the VDB offer.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
It seems to be legit as I got the same story myself a few minutes ago. +1 to "good luck getting volunteer's" except that we here on FT are the few who will even know it has happened, until of course the poor soul who got one attempts to use it.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:59 pm

Perhaps less HVC and FTers will take up DL on VDB, but the majority of flyers are not all that savvy. In particular when confronted with the Kafkaesque T&C that most legacy airlines employee. They just hear a dollar amount and think they'll get a good deal.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by avidflyer
It seems to be legit as I got the same story myself a few minutes ago. +1 to "good luck getting volunteer's" except that we here on FT are the few who will even know it has happened, until of course the poor soul who got one attempts to use it.
I assure you, when one of these goes down, I will not be afraid to speak loudly to all that can hear that these things will be worth much less and that if you hold out, you will get a better deal...

I hope you all follow me in this quest...
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
United has never had a shortage of volunteers and as long as I can remember they have had the same policy of not being able to combine vouchers.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by DCBob
United has never had a shortage of volunteers and as long as I can remember they have had the same policy of not being able to combine vouchers.
in my mind that's just another reason not to fly ua.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
a possible? use

Originally Posted by TTT
Bummer - this is not good. So when we get $5.48 back from a SDC change in the form of a voucher it will just sit until it expires . . .
Just use it towards an enhanced mixologist concoction at the all-new SC's.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
A lot of us on FT happily VDB. I will now certainly be hesistant to. I do hope this increases IDB for DL.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
For many of us it has no effect at all. I use any voucher I have whenever I buy a ticket, and I have far fewer vouchers than ticket buys.

I assume that you, and TTT, score many vouchers while traveling on the company dollar, and then use those for less frequent personal travel. If so, I feel your pain.

OTOH, if VDBs become harder to sell, it is a plus for me as the ECs have not changed in value for me.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
A lot of us on FT happily VDB. I will now certainly be hesistant to. I do hope this increases IDB for DL.
I'm just trying to figure out if DL believes that the amount of vouchers that are now going to expire unused is really significant enough to warrant this change, especially compared to the monetary value of customer recoil? Or am I missing their motivation in doing this? Perhaps IT is reverting to Windows NT servers that can't handle combining vouchers.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
For many of us it has no effect at all. I use any voucher I have whenever I buy a ticket,
Its the principle more than anything. That DL would rather see that $12.87 go unused than have one of its customers on board.

At least make the dammed thing transferable to immediate family.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:17 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I assume that you, and TTT, score many vouchers while traveling on the company dollar, and then use those for less frequent personal travel. If so, I feel your pain.

OTOH, if VDBs become harder to sell, it is a plus for me as the ECs have not changed in value for me.
I actually get most of my vouchers from SDC changes (changes in taxes or airport fees) so I have a couple of < $10 vouchers sitting in my profile. It would be nice to lump them with another voucher to increase the dollars off.

It really isn't a huge deal for me as I rarely have enough "saved" vouchers to make a big difference. But I will think twice about volunteering for a low dollar bump. But a $300-400 bump, if I have the time, would still be of interest to me.

I'm just trying to figure out if DL believes that the amount of vouchers that are now going to expire unused is really significant enough to warrant this change, especially compared to the monetary value of customer recoil? Or am I missing their motivation in doing this? Perhaps IT is reverting to Windows NT servers that can't handle combining vouchers.
I doubt this has to do with hoping for expired vouchers and more to do with revenue/cash flow maximization. If you can combine 3 $400 vouchers to buy an $1,300 flight Delta is only getting $100 in cash from you (and likely paying cash to the government for taxes). On the other hand if you can only use 1 $400 voucher Delta is able to get $900 in cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.