Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub workstations a thing of the past at hub clubs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub workstations a thing of the past at hub clubs?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Anyone caught the "mixologist" in SEA? Spikey-haired kid that won't shut up and uses the club as his personal singles bar? Classy.
lol....that kid is kinda clueless on the premium drinks & how to mix the cocktails. I paid for the "baby its cold outside" cocktail and it tasted like a shot of don julio & cinnamon....gosh!!! a mixologist should be different from a bar tender.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by naijaman
lol....that kid is kinda clueless on the premium drinks & how to mix the cocktails. I paid for the "baby its cold outside" cocktail and it tasted like a shot of don julio & cinnamon....gosh!!! a mixologist should be different from a bar tender.
Maybe it is the "dude, please Facebook me" comment that makes him a mixologist?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
I was very disappointed to walk into the C30(ish) club in ATL tonight and discover that all the cubes had been removed there sometime over the past few weeks. That was one of the last places where I could actually work and conduct conference calls in a place that didn't sound like the rest of the terminal. Next is the old BE lounge in E. Once the remodel there is done - there will truly be nowhere to work without crazy background noise. Next SkyClub enhancement will be a pay-by-the-minute Regus cubes.

And I agree with others - please DO NOT TOUCH THE CUBES IN BOSTON!!! The reason I originally bought a SkyClub membership 5 years ago was to have a work refuge while traveling (both on business and personal travel). It's free now with DM, but I certainly would think twice about paying in the future just to hang out in a noisy bar!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Workstation area in MSY ripped out. Currently still being 'remodeled'.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Does anyone here know what is going in the areas they are "remodeling"? Is it goingto be the long bar area like they have at LAX where you can at least have a place to set your computer on and plug in at? Or will it be just chairs with no work area?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Continental (Gold)
I noticed the same thing in SLC last week... no cubbies... no tables... no place to work at all. The club was very busy and quite dirty, with lots of empties on the floor and what table space existing... very disappointing!

I heard that the older, nice club in ATL-C is going to be remodeled... why? This is the only club at ATL, including the remodels, where the chairs aren't falling apart.

I was in Memphis a few weeks ago... it was so nice to be in a proper World Club space
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was remodeling work going on in MEM when I was there on Sunday. It's in a back area next to the men's restroom. Any idea on what's going in there? Perhaps a bar? I forgot to ask the lounge attendants.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Does anyone here know what is going in the areas they are "remodeling"? Is it goingto be the long bar area like they have at LAX where you can at least have a place to set your computer on and plug in at? Or will it be just chairs with no work area?
Chairs. Chairs. Chairs. Chairs.

All to be filled with $25 AMEX admissions and Groupon coupon holders.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:11 pm

YYZ

I know it's not a hub but the KLM club in Terminal C at YYZ Toronto has PC's still to use or will provide a wireless internet passcode. Nice to have options still.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
DFW had cubes last night AND no c-blocking bartenders!!!!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, LH
Sky Clubs promote flying on Delta

Originally Posted by motytrah
After the World Clubs and Sky Clubs merged SkyMilesInsider stated the main airline would no longer be "subsidizing" the clubs. From that point on the club have been sliding. First they did a bunch of amenity cost cutting. Then they really ratcheting up the day passes, then they comped all the DMs and finally they started selling highly discounted passes on Groupon. The final result is they jam more people in and try to sell more revenue generating things.
What Delta missed in the strategy you describe is that the availability of Sky Clubs promotes flight bookings on Delta. In early 2010, when Sky Club eliminated the mid-day cheese in the clubs, and did not yet recognize Gold Medallions as Sky Team Elite +, I let my World Club expire and bought a Continental Airlines President's Club membership. Although I am Detroit based, I now usually fly a Star Alliance carriers (UA, US, CO) instead of Delta when my travels take me from Detroit to Chicago, Tokyo, Houston and Washington, where * Alliance clubs are available to me. As I am now just Silver and no-longer Gold on on Delta, I selected United for my Japan travels instead of Delta, in part because I have access to the ANA and United clubs at Tokyo-Narita.

Delta's poor club strategy (together with UA's offering of free Economy Plus to Silver-level members) encouraged me to give my 2 RT's to Tokyo this year to UA instead of DL.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I saw the finished product at MSY yesterday. It looks like a Dr.'s waiting room. Chairs (mostly armless) lined up in long rows, very few tables. It's going to be a mess. No place to put drinks, plates, computers...The 'cyber bar' is a tall, thin bar-like counter along the windows in the area where the work cubicles used to be. 'Real' chairs (with arms) and usable tables are at a premium. Without walls to break the area up, it is going to sound like a high school cafeteria when it gets busy. I sat in the very back of the room, and the acoustics are such that you can still hear the tv like you were sitting 6 ft away, rather than 60. #failure

Last edited by BamaGirl; Dec 18, 2011 at 10:22 am
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I was at the concourse C Skyclub yesterday in ATL. Here are some pics that show the changes that were made to the seating and workstations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533082141/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533081131/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533080267/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533079335/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533075629/

Last edited by readywhenyouare; Dec 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
RE: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66626934@N04/6533079335/

Are you sure that's not a photo of a Delta call center??
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
This really sucks.... that C area and my other secret area was great for making phone calls and basic privacy a lot of us biz people need to get some work done between flights.... not saying I used it every time, but it was used plenty over the years.

Looks like getting more seats/people in there is what is most important to them....

I remember when Delta had Crown Rooms designed for biz flyers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.