Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Landed in DAB 2 Hours ago as a Platinum...where was my grand welcome from DL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

I expected trumpets blaring, throngs of FO's chanting, and bags of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips being dropped at my feet.

Is PLAT the new Silver? Should I just switch over to WN now? Before I do, how many miles can I get out of a complaint?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Welcome to being one of many tens of thousands
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
You seem to be mistaken...this is 2011, not 1997 when PM was a big deal and something DL actually cared about!

Congrats on the achievement!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:37 pm

Did you at least get the Porsche?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Did you at least get the Porsche?
Not on a T fare.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
I expected trumpets blaring, throngs of FO's chanting, and bags of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips being dropped at my feet.

Is PLAT the new Silver? Should I just switch over to WN now? Before I do, how many miles can I get out of a complaint?
If not Plat, Gold is for sure the new Silver. On my (CRJ700) flight SLC-ABQ this morning, I, as a new 100% BIS-earned GM, was 8 of 26 competing for 0 seats. #1 on the list, who was not upgraded, was a DM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I got the water gun salute and Richard A. met me in ATL earlier this year. I though he met every new PM, no?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I landed as PM at LGA last night, but I'd settle just to have my status update online already.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM
You probably would have received the expected reception if your FT profile had been appropriately updated.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated

CONGRATS!!!

They are all still recovering from my Diamond party. The 5 day window hasn't passed for you.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

CONGRATS!

As an aside, DAB is by far one of my favorite domestic airports. The DL staff there are phenomenal and even the TSA agents show a human side . It's sad that DL (and other airlines for that matter) don't utilize it more.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Sam Elliot will personally deliver your Plat card.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Michael El
Sam Elliot will personally deliver your Plat card.
Yeah, just as soon as he finishes punching out Alec Baldwin.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT

Congrats. Hope it's decent weather for you. Haven't been home in 3 weeks...and there is snow where I am... Can't wait until Friday...

Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets

CONGRATS!

As an aside, DAB is by far one of my favorite domestic airports. The DL staff there are phenomenal and even the TSA agents show a human side . It's sad that DL (and other airlines for that matter) don't utilize it more.
Could not agree more. Parking lot to gate in 8 minutes and that's even sharing words with the great staff.

#homesick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.