SC are crazy in ATL today. ...!?!

Old Dec 11, 11, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.76MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
SC are crazy in ATL today. ...!?!

I have never seen them this crowded on a Sunday. I landed in B, checked the club...standing room only. Walked to A and the upstairs one was closed so the only one open was A17. I was turned away at the desk because it was full. I walked down to C. I was let in...no seats and wifi not working. Finally I just went to E and hung out there where I am typing this from.

I fly through ATL every week and I have NEVER seen the clubs like this. Kids running around, wifi over worked, bars packed. ....
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:49 pm

They really need to open the center concourse one on Sunday. Who do we complain to..

They also need to enforce the guest rules (although I find it funny that on this board we have the "meet up and get in free" thread along with the "it's too crowded" threads!)
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sounds like the Southwestization of DL is accelerating.
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

There is a kid with a kazoo in here and I want to cram it up his nose. So loud my QC Bose headphones don't stand a chance.
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
They really need to open the center concourse one on Sunday. Who do we complain to..

They also need to enforce the guest rules (although I find it funny that on this board we have the "meet up and get in free" thread along with the "it's too crowded" threads!)
Yeah, not really sure who's brilliant idea it is to close it every weekend but it's clearly needed. Lack of staff or what?
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club: Platinum, Avis: First
SC's

I was there Saturday in ATL SC's.....E was packed....the second SC is under renovation.
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, it's packed but at least there are seats to be had. I mean I am sitting next to someone who could clearly use a shower and a comb but at least there is somewhere to rest my @$$.
Old Dec 11, 11, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
There is a kid with a kazoo in here and I want to cram it up his nose. So loud my QC Bose headphones don't stand a chance.
I hope you reported the kazoo to a dragon and recorded the name of the dragon to complain to DL if nothing effective was done to stop it. This is clearly unacceptable.
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Lmfao
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I've rarely found the clubs to be busy on Sunday. Must be because the univs. are letting out and parents went to pick up their kids?
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM-AS MVP-B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy Gold-RHG Gold-Hilton Gold, Natl Exec-Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rewards
I don't fly through ATL very often, but I was there this morning from 6:15 to 8:40. Arrived on A and just went to the club there. It was a bit crowded (looks great btw, last time I was in ATL it was still being renovated) but still plenty of seats. I headed over to B9 for my connection to LGA around 8ish, walking by the SC there, from what I could tell it was packed.

On the other hand, I was one of two passengers in the SC in SLC yesterday for at least two hours at one point. SLC was a ghost town!

-J.
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I read on the internet that the sky clubs are never crowded on weekends.... the OP must clearly be telling an untruth...
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

I was here last Sunday and Tuesday and it didn't have this sort of traffic in the club. I'm guessing it's the parents picking up their kids and the desks allowing parties of 8 get in with a Platinum AMEX or some crap. I've seen a handful of medallion luggage tags and the rest are unmarked. Not typical of a club during the week. Usually every third person is clanking with a metal DM tag.
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post
I was here last Sunday and Tuesday and it didn't have this sort of traffic in the club. I'm guessing it's the parents picking up their kids and the desks allowing parties of 8 get in with a Platinum AMEX or some crap. I've seen a handful of medallion luggage tags and the rest are unmarked. Not typical of a club during the week. Usually every third person is clanking with a metal DM tag.
Lies!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 11, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Now that I think about it...there isn't anyone with a half destroyed 50 segment pink tag either. #twilightzone

Search this Thread
Search Engine: