Chisholm agents to train other centers

Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Gee, maybe we should have a FT Christmas party for Chisholm to show them how much we appreciate them, just like we did in the past.

They are awesome!
We did that a number of years ago during the NW days about the year before the buyout. I was the treasurer. I would be happy to do that again even though I got 1 call answer by them!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by hazelrah
@:-) The decline in call center quality (vice Chisholm) was noticible from day 1 of the Delta takeover.
+1000
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:51 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
As a NW customer I'm surprised at how much longer some things take now, yet also impressed that other things are real-time.
That is the most balanced comment I have ever seen from you, and I think it is a correct summation of the situation.

I have rarely had the opportunity to interact with Chisolm, but on the two occasions when I did, I will agree that they are up to the challenge and are able to get the job done in a very determined fashion. It is an attitude of, "How can I make this happen?" instead of looking for ways to get off the phone.

I am, frankly, amazed that the bean counters who reside in Atlanta haven't clipped their wings.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I am, frankly, amazed that the bean counters who reside in Atlanta haven't clipped their wings.
Let's hope you just did not give them an idea.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
It is an attitude of, "How can I make this happen?" instead of looking for ways to get off the phone.
^ That is probably the best description I have heard regarding Chisholm vs other centers.

I'd like to suggest the CVG call center as the first stop for the Chisholm training brigade.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I reach Chisholm as a DM, it always feels like a wonderful surprise and almost like coming home. It will be interesting to see whether their attitudes toward their work can ever be trained, the idea of liking challenges and being determined to solve problems, admitting when they do not know and then finding out, and taking pride in genuinely helping. I have also grown to love the distinctive manner of politeness and friendliness that I receive from most Chisholm agents. Whenever I have been tempted to divide my travel or deliberately avoid DM, Chisholm is the or at least a very prominent reason.

SLC is better than when the DM line first started but it still is not equivalent to how I was treated for years as a PE on NW by Chisholm.
IMO/IME CVG is still horrible; when they answer, I hang up. Not doing so is not worth the frustration and waste of time.
Completely agree about SLC and CVG. I'm tired of reaching CVG and knowing more about their own policies then they do, then after getting to a supervisor, still being told "no", then calling and getting SLC, and they usually get it right away. SLC has improved a lot.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is there a way to tell by the few seconds of hold music which location we're getting, or do we have to wait until an agent answers and figure it out from the accent or asking? I've noticed CVG is generally bad as well.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
In my experience, CVG agents aren't very helpful and frequently dish out wrong information. SLC and DFW are better, but Chisholm is at a different level. Majority of the times, its clear when the call is answered whether its Chisholm or CVG or another center. Don't ask me what in particular makes it clear.

Training is one part of it, but what needs to change is the work culture and also the attitudes. These are much more difficult.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by DTW newbie
Curious how one knows which call center they are talking to?

It is an attitude of, "How can I make this happen?" instead of looking for ways to get off the phone.
That's answer #1. Answer #2 -- ever hear the accents in "Fargo"?

Last time I had a huge IRROPS problem, it was wonderfully solved by an agent going above and beyond. I confirmed at the end of the call that she was indeed Chisholm. As an ex-NWplat, I couldn't help blurting out "we love you guys. We miss you"

Last edited by Alpha Golf; Dec 7, 2011 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by rylan
Very happy to hear this. I hope the Chisholm trainers can help improve other call centers.
Somehow they screwed up the other day and sent a lowely PM non legacy NW guy to Chisholm.

My goodness what a difference. Interactions like that make you want to do more business with an organization. It wasn't that I was given anything special, just really courteous correct information delivered with a seemingly genuine interest in helping me achieve what I wanted.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by mother-
Somehow they screwed up the other day and sent a lowely PM non legacy NW guy to Chisholm.
Do you not usually get Chisholm? As a diamond, I almost never get them, so I assumed they were doing mostly PM calls now.

And I'm 99% they're not routing you based on which pre-merger airline you came from.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by SamOF
Do you not usually get Chisholm? As a diamond, I almost never get them, so I assumed they were doing mostly PM calls now.

And I'm 99% they're not routing you based on which pre-merger airline you came from.
Nope not PMs...

And I was just poking a little fun while pointing out I have no axe to grind about 'the good old days.'
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by mother-
Nope not PMs...
Huh...so where'd they all go?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
What's so bad about CVG? Curious.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369
What's so bad about CVG? Curious.
All they want to do is get you off the phone. I check daily for low award on about 4 reservations. They say they are checking but no is is that fast to check outbound and return. I know how long it takes to check. CVG just wants to get you off and move on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.