Strange email titled earning Platinum?

Old Dec 2, 11, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta, United
My email said Gold but I made Gold at the end of October so if they are pulling a list they did it at least a month ago. I just laughed as it was Delta.

Of course this week I got an email from AA saying my miles were safe even though they filed for bankruptcy. I laughed again as my account balance was zero.
Old Dec 2, 11, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Hmm,

Now Im undecided.

Stop short, bottom drawer the MQMs for rollover and easy status for future.

Or easy route to maintain status with very small rollover, or, do a couple of things to both matain status plus do a rollover.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

-H
Old Dec 2, 11, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Same here - "Earn Platinum" even though I've been a PM for two months. Must be going off of old cached data.
Old Dec 2, 11, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Please Pardon our E-mail Error

APOLOGIES FOR THE CONFUSION

Please disregard our recent Buy MQMs email, which was sent in error.

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX,

Yesterday, we mistakenly sent you a Buy MQMs offer email. We know you have already earned Platinum Medallion® status for 2012 and do not need any more MQMs to reach that status level.

This email was sent in error, and we apologize for any confusion it may have caused. If you want to earn rollover MQMs you can still participate in the Buy MQMs offer or to check out other offers you are eligible for, visit SkyMiles Promotions.

We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your loyalty.

I wonder how many SkyPesos I can get for complaining... I'm almost to the R/T/ J ticket to SYD...
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
I also just got the apology email.
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EP
I got the apology email also...

Considering this is Delta IT we are talking about I'm just thankful that my status really didn't get mysteriously downgraded!

I find it interesting they apologize for this but the Award Calendar on delta.com is perfectly acceptable!
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:34 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Got the apology too. Wonder how many panicked phone calls they got before they realized it was a goof up worthy of a second email?
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I'm once again not a fan of how a DL promotion is advertised. The box they use to show examples makes it seem as if they're selling actual flights. I've already received 'please translate this' emails from friends and family thinking that they can buy a $649 flight to FRA and get FO status.
Old Dec 2, 11, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
Apology email too. Much appreciated...
Old Dec 2, 11, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Got the apology as well, Delta you make me laugh ...
Old Dec 2, 11, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, CO Gold, Hertz Gold
Having missed out on their earlier, puzzlingly targeted "get to the next status" MQM promotion (the one in which you had actually had to fly to earn them, something I would have readily done if so invited), I was really annoyed to get this mass-mailed "buy your way up" offer, which promised to put me at Silver — a level I started the year with courtesy of rollovers. Overall, I think there's something really screwy with their mailing lists. I get lots of emails that seem targeted at someone with no Medallion status — with language seemingly aimed at the sort of person who only flies once or twice a year. They're funny/irritating to read when you're sitting on a Delta plane...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: