Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL14 ATL-FRA 11/23/11 Equipment change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Feel free to cite for me anywhere else in DL's CoC.
You seem to think that Delta's CoC is legally sound - however its not. If Delta markets and sells a lie-flat seat, and that's what you purchased, then you are entitled to it. This would be an open and shut case in small claims court simply based on Delta's behavior in advertising the specific hard product. And no, this isnt just an inference made on my part based on understanding of basic law....this is coming from several lawyer friends of mine who have seen similar instances in the past.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Feel free to cite for me anywhere else in DL's CoC.

http://images.delta.com.edgesuite.ne...riage_intl.pdf
Please cite any amount of compensation options in the CoC

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
You seem to think that Delta's CoC is legally sound - however its not. If Delta markets and sells a lie-flat seat, and that's what you purchased, then you are entitled to it. This would be an open and shut case in small claims court simply based on Delta's behavior in advertising the specific hard product. And no, this isnt just an inference made on my part based on understanding of basic law....this is coming from several lawyer friends of mine who have seen similar instances in the past.
No, he refuses to accept something unless it's written out directly in front of him. Guess the anecdotal evidence isn't enough.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by mbarreto
You know, the A333 angled seats aren't bad at all... Some people say that if you're taller than 6ft, it's actually more comfortable since the 764 seats can make you feel cramped.

I never had trouble sleeping on the A333.
Same here !DL took all those newer NWA planes from the west coast to the east coast #%$#%$#$% us out here
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I thought Dl only outright marketed/guaranteed lay flat seats on the LHR routings...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rwoman
I thought Dl only outright marketed/guaranteed lay flat seats on the LHR routings...
Careful....this is FT...don't let facts replace panic, conjecture, litigiousness, and simple buffoonery. For the love of God, ATL-FRA is what - 8 hours in the air?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One buys a ticket for transportation in a class of service.

I anticipate that Andy and I would accept as evidence a U.S. court case, finding for the applicant against Delta in the matter of a different business class seat constituing a material negative impact, if anybody thinks the flexibility to substitute equipment as established in the C of C isn't binding in this matter.

Seconding advice given the OP: the 176-degree recliners on the A330s are good enough that I wouldn't - for a minute - consider a connection to get the lie-flats on a 764 DTW-FRA.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:39 am
JBa
Original Poster

Programs: some
Being unfamiliar with the A330 BE seats I decided to go through DTW and get the 767 flat bed seats.
Calling premium services didn't help much although had a nice conversation with the last agent. He stated that the fare class I was booked in wasn't available anymore and thus couldn't help me. Didn't want to escalate to a supervisor and already had the offer of a fellow FTer to help, so choose that avenue.
Got the routing I wanted and a couple of extra miles along the way.

Thanks for all the advice provided. It's great to be part of such a knowledgeable community.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Careful....this is FT...don't let facts replace panic, conjecture, litigiousness, and simple buffoonery. For the love of God, ATL-FRA is what - 8 hours in the air?
How dare I....of course, I "might" spend a little time on those 764's...either in Y or J.

ATL-FRA usually sits about 8.5-9 hours...always nice with a good tail wind, unless you want to sleep.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I anticipate that Andy and I would accept as evidence a U.S. court case, finding for the applicant against Delta in the matter of a different business class seat constituing a material negative impact, if anybody thinks the flexibility to substitute equipment as established in the C of C isn't binding in this matter.
Who was correct as to the OP's situation?

You can choose to disbelieve me but I was right. When a flight is advertised (on the website or in print) as a flat bed seat, they will move you if there is an advanced downgrade and a flat bed is available on a legal routing.

But since that's not in the CoC I don't think you can wrap your head around it can you?

Also, that non-reclining F seat or the broken PTV or a meal that makes you sick, if you ask for compensation for that I guess you aren't subject to compensation because it's not spelled out in the CoC is it.

Last edited by Vuelos; Nov 23, 2011 at 10:14 am
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Who was correct as to the OP's situation?

You can choose to disbelieve me but I was right. When a flight is advertised (on the website or in print) as a flat bed seat, they will move you if there is an advanced downgrade and a flat bed is available on a legal routing.

But since that's not in the CoC I don't think you can wrap your head around it can you?

Also, that non-reclining F seat or the broken PTV or a meal that makes you sick, if you ask for compensation for that I guess you aren't subject to compensation because it's not spelled out in the CoC is it.
Too many Lawyers interpreting this. Legal standing does not necessarily = good business. I agree with Vuelos because I have personally been both compensated and re-accommodated for the lack of a Lie-Flat that were originally booked. That was huge part of my decision to go with DL on those trips and frankly I got very little push back from DL.

Just because it is not law or in the CoC's does not mean it is not mean it is good business to tell a customer to get lost when you know you misrepresented what was sold. And good examples of compensation for non CoC items (AVOD, seat issue, bad meal) Mr Vuelos.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Fr the record, I've had no problem getting DL to switch my flights when the schedule changed from mainline to RJ or from one DL connection carry to another of them. For the mainline to commuter service change, my understanding is that they are required to either change you back or completely refund the ticket if you ask, just as they must disclose service by a commuter affiliate or codeshare partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.