FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Triple Miles IAH/HOU/MSY/LFT-LOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1282060-triple-miles-iah-hou-msy-lft-los.html)

jjglaze77 Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Triple Miles IAH/HOU/MSY/LFT-LOS

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/lagosbonus/

This is clearly targeted at CO and their new IAH-LOS service. Anyone for a LOS run? :D

Terms and Conditions:

Eligibility: To participate in this offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member who originates travel in Houston/IAH & HOU, New Orleans/MSY, Lafayette/LFT, or Lagos/LOS, and first registers online by February 1, 2012 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CST, on 2/1/12); then books and flies between November 18, 2011, and February 15, 2012. Promotional registration is required before taking flight and only tickets purchased on or after November 18, 2011, will qualify for this bonus; existing reservations made prior to November 18, 2011, will not qualify.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta or Delta Connection marketed/operated flights between Houston/IAH & HOU, New Orleans/MSY, or Lafayette/LFT, and Lagos/LOS, Nigeria, and earn triple flown bonus miles on each paid flight. Bonus miles will be earned on either one-way or round-trip travel and may be earned multiple times within the qualification period.

Travel Period: Travel must be between November 18, 2011, and February 15, 2012. All travel must be completed by February 15, 2012.

Award Travel: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.

Miscellaneous: All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers, rules and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus miles will not be given for refunded, forfeited, or unused tickets. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. Bonus miles do not count towards Medallion status or Million Miler status. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeamŽ offers.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to 970626.

Promotional Fulfillment: Bonus miles will appear automatically on members SkyMiles statement. Allow up to eight weeks after promotional validity periods ends on February 15, 2012, for credit to appear.

MJLouise Nov 18, 2011 8:27 pm

6,512 miles 1-way IAH-LOS. Wow. Almost as tempting as that Pakistan MR :D

MR_MAMA Nov 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Assuming not MQM's? Also why would they mention Award travel? Award travel doesn't earn miles. Once again confused.

FederalFlyer Nov 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 17478422)
Assuming not MQM's? Also why would they mention Award travel? Award travel doesn't earn miles. Once again confused.

Bonus miles do not count towards Medallion status or Million Miler status. So, assuming no MQMs either.

DL2SXM Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by jjglaze77 (Post 17478356)
http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/lagosbonus/

This is clearly targeted at CO and their new IAH-LOS service. Anyone for a LOS run? :D

count me in. looks like any fare class is good to.

as a DM, i'm figuring on close to 70,000 miles from a special like this, out of msy, plus the miles from the positioning flight. Plus, since its a rather popular route, as a DM, I'll figure on getting an op-up. its a win win.

FederalFlyer Nov 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by nypdLieu (Post 17478453)

as a DM, i'm figuring on close to 70,000 miles from a special like this, out of msy, plus the miles from the positioning flight. Plus, since its a rather popular route, as a DM, I'll figure on getting an op-up. its a win win.

Can you give a breakdown of how you get those 70,000-ish miles? I've not done a triple mile promo before so I'm curious how all the miles add up.

Sabai Nov 19, 2011 4:27 am

its a win win.

Save for the fact that it's a trip to Nigeria.

WhiskeyBravo Nov 19, 2011 4:53 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer (Post 17478563)
Can you give a breakdown of how you get those 70,000-ish miles? I've not done a triple mile promo before so I'm curious how all the miles add up.

HOU->Lagos ~ 6500 miles.
6500 * 2(RT) * 2.25(DM) * 3(promo) = 87,750
Throw in a fare class bonus *1.5 = 131,625
buy one business class fare, get one free.

Remember that is for non-stop routing (which doesn't exist), so it will be even more.

Looking into it a little bit -- a word to the wise, if originating in IAH and looking for miles, don't use DL54 since its direct with a stop in ATL.

Searching delta.dumb shows itineraries via AMS on KL metal, would this count?

AdamS Nov 19, 2011 7:48 am

Originally Posted by johnm1019 (Post 17479426)
HOU->Lagos ~ 6500 miles.

Remember that is for non-stop routing (which doesn't exist), so it will be even more.

Looking into it a little bit -- a word to the wise, if originating in IAH and looking for miles, don't use DL54 since its direct with a stop in ATL.

Searching delta.dumb shows itineraries via AMS on KL metal, would this count?

From T&C's posted above:
Purchase and fly on Delta or Delta Connection marketed/operated flights

I don't know if the slash means 'or' or 'and'
If it means or I guess if you have booked a DL flight number operated by KL that would work but someone else may know how this has worked in past promos.

Josephmay Nov 19, 2011 8:04 am

Originally Posted by johnm1019 (Post 17479426)
HOU->Lagos ~ 6500 miles.

I think you math may be wrong -- isnt it:
Lagos ~ 6500 miles.
6500 * 2(RT) * 3(promo) = 39,000 ("triple flown bonus miles") plus
6500 * 2(RT) * 2.25(DM) = 29,250 (base + Bonus earnings as Diamond)
for a total of 58,250 in coach.

Josephmay Nov 19, 2011 8:23 am

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by johnm1019 View Post
HOU->Lagos ~ 6500 miles.
buy one business class fare, get one free.h.[/QUOTE]

For Business As Diamond:
39,000 ("triple flown bonus miles") plus
35,750 (Diamond flying in F)
Equals
74,750 Total RDMs

United_727 Nov 19, 2011 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 17479382)
Save for the fact that it's a trip to Nigeria.

^^ +1000

den1k Nov 19, 2011 10:55 am

Terms and Conditions:

Eligibility: To participate in this offer, you must be a new or existing SkyMiles member who originates travel in Houston/IAH & HOU, New Orleans/MSY, Lafayette/LFT, or Lagos/LOS, and first registers online by February 1, 2012 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. CST, on 2/1/12); then books and flies between November 18, 2011, and February 15, 2012. Promotional registration is required before taking flight and only tickets purchased on or after November 18, 2011, will qualify for this bonus; existing reservations made prior to November 18, 2011, will not qualify.

Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly on Delta or Delta Connection marketed/operated flights between Houston/IAH & HOU, New Orleans/MSY, or Lafayette/LFT, and Lagos/LOS, Nigeria, and earn triple flown bonus miles on each paid flight. Bonus miles will be earned on either one-way or round-trip travel and may be earned multiple times within the qualification period.

I the first paragragh DL uses the words "originates travel"

In the second paragraph DL uses the word "Between".

So is the bonus on all flights the originate in these four cities or just on flights between the 4 cities?

mpp Nov 19, 2011 11:04 am

Don't forget the cost of bribing the immigration officials...I would not advise an immediate turnaround on this flight as the bribe will only go up.

Also, my second cousin twice removed who has recently passed is a former executive with the National Chinese Oil Import Company and we are trying to collect the $8,500,000 (EIGHT MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS) in his account with the United African Peoples Bank of Nigeria. If you would just provide me with your name, social security number, bank account number, and wire me $500 via Western Union I shall provide you with 25% of the proceeds in that account (minus the processing fees of approximaltey $3,000). Please contact me immediately as we need to complete the transaction prior to the start of the next fiscal year.

ND76 Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

I Love the Smell of Mileage Runs in the Morning, But . . .

This one's not so easy--the Department of State website reports:

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: All visitors to Nigeria require a passport and a Nigerian visa to enter the country, and must obtain the visa in advance from a Nigerian embassy or consulate. Such visas cannot be obtained on arrival at the airport. Promises of entry into Nigeria without a visa are strong indicators of fraudulent commercial schemes in which the perpetrators seek to exploit the foreign traveler's illegal presence in Nigeria through threats of extortion or bodily harm. Moreover, you cannot legally depart Nigeria unless you can prove, by presenting your entry visa, that you entered Nigeria legally. Visit the Embassy of Nigeria web site for the most current visa information.

On the Nigeria visa application FAQ page, if you want to get your visa quick, it costs $85.00, and they want you to provide the following:

Tourist / Visitor Visa:

Passport valid for at least 6 months.
Duly completed visa application form
Two recent passport photographs
A Letter of invitation from a company/host in Nigeria accepting immigration responsibility.
Visitors/tourists are required to show evidence of sufficient funds
Evidence of online payment for visa fee

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/?p=visaguidelines