Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Seattle (SEA): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Minimum Connection time for Delta-Delta connections in Seattle

Domestic-domestic: 30 minutes

Domestic-international: 30 minutes

International-domestic: 1 hour
Exceptions:
  • Arriving from a Canadian airport with preclearance: 30 minutes
  • ICN-SEA-MSP: 1 hour 10 minutes
  • Any international to domestic connection* through SEA going to ATL, DEN, DTW, HNL, JFK, LAS, LAX, PDX, SFO, SJC, or SLC: 1 hour 10 minutes
* except if coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, in which case the 30 minute MCT prevails. (Example: YVR-SEA-LAX would be a 30 minute MCT, not 70 minutes, since YVR has preclearance.)

International-international: 1 hour
Exceptions:
  • Arriving from a Canadian airport with preclearance: 30 minutes
  • Going to YVR or YYC: International to international MCT at SEA is 1 hour 10 minutes if you're connecting to one of those two airports
NOTE IF FLIGHT IS MARKETED AS A CODESHARE MCT CAN BE DIFFERENT.
Print Wikipost

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Seattle (SEA): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
You'll have plenty of time. The connection is pretty easy, just kind of a long walk (length depends on where you land).

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/fl...ndex.shtml#map
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by msett
I am have an award itinerary on hold for LAX-SEA-AMS-LUX. The flight LAX to SEA is on AS and connecting to Delta for SEA to AMS. The connection in SEA is 1.5 hours long. I am thinking that connection should be fine but I have never flown through SEA and wanted some of your guys advice. I didn't know either how far I have to go transferring from AS to DL in SEA.
You'll land in C, D or the North Satellite and need to transfer to the South Satellite. Easy connection; a bit of walking and a short train hop if you're coming from C or D (3 train hops if you land in the North Sat). If you're looking to grab a snack, there are better options in the Central Terminal than in the South Sat, so maybe stop there first.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
A 1.5 hour connection in Seattle should be more then enough time for any itinerary. The worst case would be you arriving in the North Satellite (where AS occasionally operates LAX flights from); this would require three train rides to get to Delta's South Satellite gates, which I'd estimate would take total no more than 15 minutes (and probably closer to 10).

It's worth noting that unlike at LAX, everything's behind security - so no worries there; the only time you need to make your connection is the actual time to walk or take the train.

There's some extra SEA advice in this thread as well - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ances-etc.html . You'll have plenty of time to make your connection, so I'll reiterate my advice of Ivar's being a good choice for fast food with a local flavor if you're looking for a snack before departure... but there's a wide variety of shops in the atrium of the central terminal that are reasonably priced and tasty.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I agree with BenA and Smailtronic the central terminal is a great place for food. Quality shopping too.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:21 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
The food options in the south satellite (S terminal) at SEA are very limited. I agree with other posters that the central terminal area is your best bet for food.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
As all have said, it is a bit of walk / train ride, but 1.5 is more than enough to eat and connect. And if you are looking to eat, make sure stop by the food court in the center of the airport, it is the only place with a reasonable selection.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by msett
I am have an award itinerary on hold for LAX-SEA-AMS-LUX. The flight LAX to SEA is on AS and connecting to Delta for SEA to AMS. The connection in SEA is 1.5 hours long. I am thinking that connection should be fine but I have never flown through SEA and wanted some of your guys advice. I didn't know either how far I have to go transferring from AS to DL in SEA.
msett,

Since your inbound to SEA is on AS, you should be arriving in on Concourse C, Concourse D, or North Satellite (also known as N gates/concourse). There's a loop train running between Concourse C, Concourse D, and "Concourse N."

Source:
http://www.alaskaair.com/Destination...w=airportguide
http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/concoursec.shtml
http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/concoursed.shtml
http://www.portseattle.org/about/map...atellite.shtml

Once you arrive at the Concourse D "station" you walk across the "platform" to catch the train running from Concourse D to Concourse A.

http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/concoursea.shtml

Once you arrive at the Concourse A "station" you walk across the "platform" for the Concourse A/Concourse B/Concourse S loop train. For Delta, you get off at the Concourse S "station." Take the escalators up to the South Satellite and you're there.

http://www.portseattle.org/about/map...atellite.shtml

TechAirman, been to SEA recently.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: DL MM DM, AA Plat, BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Connection time in SEA?

Can anyone advise if 2 hours is enough time to connect at SEA from a DL flight from ATL? The ATL-SEA flight gets in at 8.43 a.m. on a Friday morning and I'll be connecting to the SEA-KIX flight at 12.45 p.m. For complicated reasons I've had to buy the SEA-KIX-SEA separately, so I'm looking to get the first leg now. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by anotherATLelite
Can anyone advise if 2 hours is enough time to connect at SEA from a DL flight from ATL? The ATL-SEA flight gets in at 8.43 a.m. on a Friday morning and I'll be connecting to the SEA-KIX flight at 12.45 p.m. For complicated reasons I've had to buy the SEA-KIX-SEA separately, so I'm looking to get the first leg now. Thanks!
I think you have one of the times wrong in your post. If you arrive at 843a and depart at 1245p then you have a four hour layover, not two. I'm guessing you're on the first ATL-SEA flight of the day which arrives at 1030am. That's a 767-300ER which happens to be the aircraft that operates the SEA-KIX flight. So you'll have no problem. Even if your arriving flight is late then you'll still make your KIX flight.

Even if you have to change aircraft (which you shouldn't), you'll get off your one flight and go one or two gates down to the next. All of DL flights in SEA operate out of the same small, square terminal. You're never more than a 5 minute walk away.

-RM
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: DL MM DM, AA Plat, BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
You're right! I conflated the times...sorry. The booking engine is currently showing the first flight leaving ATL at 8.25a and arriving SEA at 10.43a, which gives me 2 hours and 2 mins. If I read your response correctly, that gives me plenty of time. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
SEA connection time

I will be flying from HNL into SEA on Hawaiian Air and my flight gets in at 10:20pm. I need to continue on to Hartford on DL that same evening and have few flight options.

The best flight is at 11:15pm, is that enough time to connect from Hawaiian gate to Delta gate?

Thanks-
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I would think so. Depending on the number of trains you have to take it could be really tight, but I would think that you would have enough time. But I've never connected at SEA, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That's not a connection ExpertFlyer or ITA Software offer. I suspect it doesn't meet the Mininum Connect Time (MCT) criterion set for SEA between carriers.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS 75KG, UA G, SPG P75, HH G
I'd say yes, especially at that hour. Worst case you'll get dropped at the A gates on Hawaiian and have to make your way to the N or S gates for DL which only takes a few minutes.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The AS minimum connection time is 40 minutes at SEA. And they have some long distances to go (far end of D to a satellite).

I think you should be fine.

Plus, you'll have the winds pushing you to Seattle, so there's a decent chance of an early arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.