Montreal Sky Club - Air France

Old Nov 10, 11, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Montreal Sky Club - Air France

My husband and I will be traveling through YUL next week on our way to AMS-WAW. Has anyone had any problems getting a guest into the Air France club around gate 55? When we were at the Milan club in Sep the desk agent did not want to let my husband in as my sky member's guest but relented and allowed us both in. I would appreciate any insight.
Old Nov 10, 11, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ges123 View Post
My husband and I will be traveling through YUL next week on our way to AMS-WAW. Has anyone had any problems getting a guest into the Air France club around gate 55? When we were at the Milan club in Sep the desk agent did not want to let my husband in as my sky member's guest but relented and allowed us both in. I would appreciate any insight.
What would be your basis for admission to this lounge? Flights and cabin class for each of you? I am assuming that neither is flying non rev. Also, are you sure that you can get to this club during your connection, where I assume that you will change flights through some sort of transit zone rather than going through Canadian immigration?
Old Nov 10, 11, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
The AF lounge is in the gate zone where the int'l flights depart (this club is NOT accessible for those flying inter-canada or USA departure zone.) But hearing the OP say they are likely on KL flying YUL-AMS their gate is very likely adjacent to this club.

Depending on the OP's status with SkyTeam, and/or class of service purchased will be the determining factor for admittance with guest.

Here is a link to Delta's location finder that determines lounges based on your status, ticket type, etc.

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp
Old Nov 10, 11, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
What would be your basis for admission to this lounge? Flights and cabin class for each of you? I am assuming that neither is flying non rev. Also, are you sure that you can get to this club during your connection, where I assume that you will change flights through some sort of transit zone rather than going through Canadian immigration?
I am a sky club member and am departing MSP and connecting through YUL on our way to AMS. I thought if there was time we could get a drink in the Sky Club operated by Air France.
Old Nov 10, 11, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP
I am a sky club member and am departing MSP and connecting through YUL on our way to AMS. I thought if there was time we could get a drink in the Sky Club operated by Air France.
Sky club member-NO
SkyTeam Elite Plus-YES
Prem Cabin Psgr-YES
Old Nov 10, 11, 10:32 pm

Just a heads up--it's not a Sky Club. SCs are Delta products, operated by Delta. I don't know what AF calls their lounges, but they aren't SCs.

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler View Post
Sky club member-NO
SkyTeam Elite Plus-YES
Prem Cabin Psgr-YES
According to the website, SC members get access (subject to the agent's discretion at the time of entry).
Old Nov 10, 11, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
And let the MRs to WAW begin! I'll be doing the same next weekend actually.
Old Nov 10, 11, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
Just a heads up--it's not a Sky Club. SCs are Delta products, operated by Delta. I don't know what AF calls their lounges, but they aren't SCs.

According to the website, SC members get access (subject to the agent's discretion at the time of entry).
I see the website lists it but every AF lounge I have ever entered has asked for my medallion card....I have no clue why but I have seen non-medallions with SC cards turned away time after time. I think DL and AF need to try and fix this because I can't tell you how many times I've entered the AF lounge at LAX and seen non-elite sky club members denied entry...I truly believe this has something to do with AF and KLM not selling lounge memberships and only allowing premium cabin passengers and elite passengers in.
Old Nov 10, 11, 11:30 pm

I see the website lists it but every AF lounge I have ever entered has asked for my medallion card....I have no clue why but I have seen non-medallions with SC cards turned away time after time. I think DL and AF need to try and fix this because I can't tell you how many times I've entered the AF lounge at LAX and seen non-elite sky club members denied entry...I truly believe this has something to do with AF and KLM not selling lounge memberships and only allowing premium cabin passengers and elite passengers in.
Interesting. The two times I've tried at IAD, I've gotten in no problem with my SC card.
Old Nov 11, 11, 12:18 am

Interesting. The two times I've tried at IAD, I've gotten in no problem with my SC card.
Yea, it is hit or miss. Take a look at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ge-access.html

AF lounges seem to be very strict quite frequently. They sometimes just look at Sky Club member cards like "what the he#% is this?". It is similar to GMs trying to get access to partner lounges and not having STE+ printed on the old cards and being told "sorry on PMs and DMs allowed". It would be nice if DL could try and send a memo to partners and maybe work with them to fix these issues. It is awkward for both the SC member and the agent when these confrontations occur. I have seen people in the LAX AF lounge come prepared with a print-out of the Delta site saying that they get access and the agent saying "I'm sorry sir, you cannot enter"....most times a supervisor gets involved and tells them the same thing which is even more strange. All it would take them is a few clicks to see that it is a posted benefit and that they should honor it.
Old Nov 11, 11, 3:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Club stolen by Oscar “The Grouch” Munoz on 11.1.19
All it would take them is a few clicks to see that it is a posted benefit and that they should honor it.
In my experience being well dressed and with a smile often go farther than a plastic card or ticket. Still, when being firm+polite having a smartphone with the right website is also very effective in dealing with people trying to deny entry when allowed.
Old Nov 24, 11, 6:47 am

Programs: DL GM
Waiting at JFK skyclub now, will be headed to YUL in 1hr, and as I have 7hrs to burn I'm going try to get in to the AF club. Willvreport back. FYI I am SM w 30 day SC.
Old Nov 24, 11, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver

AF's clubs used to be called "Salon d'Affaires", now I think they are just referred to as the AF "Salon". The one in IAD has separate rooms for F and J/Elite pax, and the signage outside is "Salon".
Old Nov 24, 11, 9:13 am
Suspended

Not a SkyClub

The AF club at YUL is not a SkyClub; those are exclusive to DL. If you are in Y and are a DL GM, PM, or DM they will let you in with your an elite DL card. SkyClub membership will not be helpufl at all.
Old Nov 24, 11, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
SkyClub membership will not be helpufl at all.
This is incorrect. As listed on the DL website, SC membership gains access at this AF lounge and quite a few others--I'm not sure if it gets one access to all AF lounges. I have gotten into the IAD AF lounge a couple times based solely on my SC membership.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: