Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TSA Trusted Traveler Program Coming to MSP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Trusted Traveler Program Coming to MSP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'd really like to see MSP get Global Entry...passing through CBP a few weeks ago, I felt like I was subjected to the Spanish Inquisition and I'm a US citizen!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Any chance this means that MSP will be getting Global Entry kiosks sometime soon? Could it be that if they're caring about it for Trusted Traveller that they might care about it for GE now, too?
I think it's in the works b/c last trip 2 weeks ago AMS-MSP the customs agent commented I'm Global Entry and added GE is coming to MSP very soon and also added he won't get to see my smiling face any more...
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
MSP is Home

From a strictly selfish standpoint, I'd only consider enrolling in Trusted Traveler if I knew WTMD is the only screening method. Right now the Sky Priority Lane at MSP (checkpoint 4?) only has WTMD so I don't have to worry about opting out of "that other method". So not sure if there's a huge benefit for me in MSP. Of course it's different story at other airports.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I did it a couple weeks ago at DTW and it was very fast. I just had to put my cell phone in my backpack and walked through with my shoes and belt on. Very fast not having to empty my pockets and take my shoes off, it takes me longer to put my shoes back on than the entire screening process did that time.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I was a little underwhelmed by it last week in ATL. I was told "sir, you don't need a bin, just put your bags on the belt." I said "no bin for anything?" and she says "nope."

Well, naturally, I set off the alarm 3 times: once for my cell phone, once for my belt, and once for my work ID badge. So aside from leaving my laptop in and keeping my shoes on, I still have to empty my pockets and take my belt off. If they had just told me that ahead of time, instead of making me set the alarm off over and over by removing one item at a time...
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Tower18
I was a little underwhelmed by it last week in ATL. I was told "sir, you don't need a bin, just put your bags on the belt." I said "no bin for anything?" and she says "nope."

Well, naturally, I set off the alarm 3 times: once for my cell phone, once for my belt, and once for my work ID badge. So aside from leaving my laptop in and keeping my shoes on, I still have to empty my pockets and take my belt off. If they had just told me that ahead of time, instead of making me set the alarm off over and over by removing one item at a time...
At DTW they told me I could leave my belt on and it didn't alarm. They didn't have bins though so I had to put my cell phone in my backpack.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:00 pm

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
At DTW they told me I could leave my belt on and it didn't alarm. They didn't have bins though so I had to put my cell phone in my backpack.
Same here. I had a belt, a bit of change, a few building access cards, and a bunch of keys and I walked through with no problems.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
I don't know if you *have to* be in one of the programs, but I am enrolled in Global Entry. Before the program started, I entered my Global Entry membership number in my Delta Profile at:

SkyMiles (Menu) > Manage My Account (Item in Menu) > Manage Profile (Top link on the Manage My Account page) > Secure Flight Data (Section on the Manage Profile page) > Known Traveler Number (Field in the Secure Flight Data section)

I have heard that you can be in by just being a diamond or platinum medallion, but there is another thread that discusses this at length.

I am not GE and was selected for this line today in ATL. I thought it went well. Like the previous poster said, it was just like 1999!!!!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Please, DCA.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Please, DCA.
DCA? You are lucky you do not get strip searched everytime you even think about there. Can't see it happening.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by mot29
Please, DCA.
Seconded. Please. Though I'm sure they'd come up with an excuse to deploy it to DCA last or have an extremely high incidence of required ID checks on the thing...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:38 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
often times I will choose to fly through ATL, DTW or JFK over MSP or MEM solely due to the lack of GE kiosks. However, I can say that the lines at both MSP and MEM haven't ever been Terribly long....only once at MSP have I waited more than 10 mins and that was when the NRT and AMS flights got in at the same time.
Fine if someone is just connecting, but if someone ends their trip in MSP, it makes no sense time-wise to fly via ATL, DTW or JFK just to use GE.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by obnoxoid
Seconded. Please. Though I'm sure they'd come up with an excuse to deploy it to DCA last or have an extremely high incidence of required ID checks on the thing...
Thirded. I'd fly DL out of DCA more often if it weren't for the infernal strip-search machines (which slow things down and cause backups).

The trick with DCA is to fly an airline that operates out of a terminal that still uses the WTMDs. DCA regulars will know which those are....
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
any news on when GE is finally starting up at MSP??
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I've a friend who flies LAS who reports that it is now in place there for DL, at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.