Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:55 pm

We plan to make our first visit to a SC on Wednesday. We have three hours @ ATL after a sleepless short red eye from LAX Will use our DL Amex for two discount one-day passes. We won't be allowed re-entry. Correct? Which means we need to pick one SC and stick with it?

Our goals: wifi, coffee, light breakfast, and somewhere quiet/comfortable to hopefully catch a nap

I have tried reading this thread and other reviews. It seems that C & D are both great. Are those the two best to consider?

It looks like our flt will arrive @ F and depart from E or F.

Thanks ^
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
We plan to make our first visit to a SC on Wednesday. We have three hours @ ATL after a sleepless short red eye from LAX Will use our DL Amex for two discount one-day passes. We won't be allowed re-entry. Correct? Which means we need to pick one SC and stick with it?

Our goals: wifi, coffee, light breakfast, and somewhere quiet/comfortable to hopefully catch a nap

I have tried reading this thread and other reviews. It seems that C & D are both great. Are those the two best to consider?

It looks like our flt will arrive @ F and depart from E or F.

Thanks ^
E or F are two of the better spaces of the ATL SkyClubs. I would just stick with one of those. They are the only two clubs with showers, if that appeals to you.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
I prefer the F Club myself, I like the layout and I feel that it is one of the least crowded lounges when I travel. It also has showers in it. Breakfast will be "light" for sure, so if you are wanting something more than Bagels, Muffins, Oatmeal, Yogurt, or Fruit I would eat before going in.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:13 pm

We will not have re-entry privileges. Correct?
Originally Posted by keeton
E or F are two of the better spaces of the ATL SkyClubs. I would just stick with one of those. They are the only two clubs with showers, if that appeals to you.
Thanks -- appreciate the info ^
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
We will not have re-entry privileges. Correct?Thanks -- appreciate the info ^
Correct on that, are you only using it going out on your trip? I have found the 30-day memberships to be a better value if you want to use in multiple airports.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by mbaker0936
Correct on that, are you only using it going out on your trip? I have found the 30-day memberships to be a better value if you want to use in multiple airports.
Only outbound. Connection is only 90 minutes on the return and we'll have to re-check luggage. So it'll be one day one use one club
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: United Global
I'm taking the red-eye on Airtran from LAX to ATL next week and would like a shower before heading off for the day so would purchase a day pass.

Is it pretty easy to get to the E or F club from the Airtran arrival gate (sounds like C or D concourse)? No issues with needing to go through security, etc?

Appreciate any input as I don't know ATL at all.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I was really underwhelmed by the one at F. It's a fair size, and the showers thing could be important to some. OTOH, they assume everyone's on wi-fi as far as Internet goes and the food/drink is, IMO, way substandard to most partner lounges globally. Not much of the drink is self-serve, and signage for what's available and what's charged extra is woefully inadeqauate at the bar. Maybe they think if they put out a refrigerator with Coke cans and some bottles with baseline hooch (Jack Daniels, etc.) or Chilean wine that people overindulge, even though most lounges still do it that way. When the place is full there also isn't enough staffing at the bar to do the drinks.

It seems like the kind of rationing you'd see at some bad all-inclusive resort that'd promise everything and then try to deliver as little as they can once you got there.

Compared to large hub clubs of ST partners in places like AMS, MEX, and ICN, the ATL one seems to reek of cost-cutting. If I were paying annually I'd be none too thrilled.

Last edited by RustyC; Jul 31, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:32 pm
Used to be hamajicky

The exterior of the SkyDump in the F terminal is far more impressive than the interior.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dok_indo
I'm taking the red-eye on Airtran from LAX to ATL next week and would like a shower before heading off for the day so would purchase a day pass.

Is it pretty easy to get to the E or F club from the Airtran arrival gate (sounds like C or D concourse)? No issues with needing to go through security, etc?

Another option in concourse F with showers: http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-ATL.html

Not sure how the shower facilities stack up against the F SkyClub, which are pretty average, however the complimentary food/drink selection is reported to be considerably better and the lounge much quieter than a SkyClub in general.

More info here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-atl-f.html
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by dok_indo

Very easy. You go downstairs and either take the train or walk through the tunnel along moving sidewalks to get to E. DL flights arrive at every concourse from T to F so the whole airport is set up for easy ambulation among the concourses.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Very easy. You go downstairs and either take the train or walk through the tunnel along moving sidewalks to get to E. DL flights arrive at every concourse from T to F so the whole airport is set up for easy ambulation among the concourses.
Thanks, and for the suggestion to try the PP club.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Another option in concourse F with showers: http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-ATL.html

Not sure how the shower facilities stack up against the F SkyClub, which are pretty average, however the complimentary food/drink selection is reported to be considerably better and the lounge much quieter than a SkyClub in general.

More info here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-atl-f.html
First went to the ATL Club at F this morning-- showers closed due to drains backed up. So instead went to Delta club. Showers are fine, perfect for me.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:22 pm

if you had to pick one, regadrless of departure gate, what's the best overall SC?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by stunna1212
if you had to pick one, regadrless of departure gate, what's the best overall SC?
I really shouldn't give away secrets, but A centercourt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.