Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A conversation with a nonrev seatmate...

A conversation with a nonrev seatmate...

Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Panam Clipper
Seems this guy is not active right now. Look, I understand your reluctance. So just PM me your picture and I'll validate your claims.
My friends in hell tell me it's been a bit chilllier there lately, but no sign of a deep freeze.

The guy in question doesn't fly DL, so wouldn't be reading this forum. And I know him from an entirely different forum, where I've got a different name (which was already taken when I joined here).
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
FA Steve I gotta say that I am impressed that you are loyal to the company as an employee and to the airline as a business. Very neat to have someone on the board that can speak from both sides...medallion and non-rev!
But he does have KM envy
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by yamakake
Having a girlfriend (or wife) and chatting up your attractive seatmate are by no means mutually exclusive activities. Being married makes it even more likely to occur in my experience. YMMV.
If I were (knowingly) sitting next to an ATL-based traveler who uses the userid yamakake, I too would be chatting that seatmate up -- I would be hoping to get some good suggestions about ATL-area restaurants!

(I always am looking for new places to take my better half, to show her how much I appreciate her and how well she tolerates my being away too much on travel.)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by flightattendantsteve
Now I just need to get me one of those KM TAGS....
Maybe we could convince BogusRogus to create some "Kryptonium Korps" tags just for crew members?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta DM
Yes!!!!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
If I were (knowingly) sitting next to an ATL-based traveler who uses the userid yamakake, I too would be chatting that seatmate up -- I would be hoping to get some good suggestions about ATL-area restaurants!

(I always am looking for new places to take my better half, to show her how much I appreciate her and how well she tolerates my being away too much on travel.)
Anybody that knows that yamakake is food probably doesn't need too much help finding restaurants. But yeah, I know a lot more about the local food scene than I should (given that it's not my day job). Current favorite Japanese is Shoya.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I too will volunteer to do the picture review and validation. No charge for this one....Helping others; its what we do here on FlyerTalk.
Tracked down the FTer who had actually laid eyes on me. Will ask him to vouch for my not being a snotty self-absorbed shrew. Discussion of my appearance will be at his discretion.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Anybody that knows that yamakake is food probably doesn't need too much help finding restaurants. But yeah, I know a lot more about the local food scene than I should (given that it's not my day job). Current favorite Japanese is Shoya.
attractive and loves food?!!^

I like you already.

*busy plotting his next eating trip*
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
FA Steve I gotta say that I am impressed that you are loyal to the company as an employee and to the airline as a business. Very neat to have someone on the board that can speak from both sides...medallion and non-rev!
^^
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:48 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I used to fly on LAN for years (up until 2010) and only once saw an employee as a passenger on an aircraft. It was the LAN chairman and he was in F from SCL to MIA (when LAN still had F).
Obviously LA employees have full NRSA priviledges.
IIRC unlimited ZED Low = Zonal Employee Discount on LA.
Unlimited ZED Med on oneWorld.
For duty travel some managers can book into U = Business.
Other employees can be upgraded at gate, if their total air travel time exceeds 8 hours.

PS. I know as I did some consultancy job for LA in 2008.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL --FO, M&M
So you definitely weren't the FA who comped him his liquor (and then proceeded to process my coupon with military efficiency after I'd witnessed the comp).

I don't mind being a second class citizen so much if others don't go out of their way to point it out to me.
I must be strange, because it doesn't bother me one bit if Delta employees get benefits that I don't get while on a Delta flight. In fact, I think it is kinda neat that they give it to them. Weird, huh?

I figure most of us get some sort of benefits in your/our jobs. These are theirs. Some can actually take advantage of the benefit, and some can't. I'd love to have family or close friend who worked for them so I could get some buddy passes. Alas, it isn't to be, at least not now, but for those who do get them, I say, "more power to them".

And, since I don't drink alcohol, and am not sure of the appeal, that doesn't bother me either if they want to give it to them. As long as they don't give them so much they sit next to me, drunk. ;0
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justflyingin
I must be strange, because it doesn't bother me one bit if Delta employees get benefits that I don't get while on a Delta flight. In fact, I think it is kinda neat that they give it to them. Weird, huh?

I figure most of us get some sort of benefits in your/our jobs. These are theirs. Some can actually take advantage of the benefit, and some can't. I'd love to have family or close friend who worked for them so I could get some buddy passes. Alas, it isn't to be, at least not now, but for those who do get them, I say, "more power to them".

And, since I don't drink alcohol, and am not sure of the appeal, that doesn't bother me either if they want to give it to them. As long as they don't give them so much they sit next to me, drunk. ;0
It doesn't bother me IF it's supposed to be a benefit and not just one employee giving another employee something that isn't actually his to give away in the first place. When that happens it's actually stealing from the employer, and I think it fosters a culture wherein cheating is tolerated and encouraged. Upthread I specifically asked whether or not free alcohol is listed as a privilege for nonrevs and haven't seen an answer to that question (though admittedly I might have overlooked it).

If it isn't then maybe it should be.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 3:38 pm

For DL employees, free drinks in coach are not included in the non-revenue benefits.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It doesn't bother me IF it's supposed to be a benefit and not just one employee giving another employee something that isn't actually his to give away in the first place. When that happens it's actually stealing from the employer, and I think it fosters a culture wherein cheating is tolerated and encouraged. Upthread I specifically asked whether or not free alcohol is listed as a privilege for nonrevs and haven't seen an answer to that question (though admittedly I might have overlooked it).

If it isn't then maybe it should be.
I don't get why you are so interested in other peoples business. I mean if an FA gave an employee a free drink or snack box whooptie dooo. I don't see the real issue and don't see why you want an answer that is really none of your business. I don't see it as being much different than a waiter/waitress/bartender having a free drink or free app. If they proceeded to get drunk for free or drink quite a few that may be an issue but I honestly doubt many employees have more than 1 drink given free or accept more than 1 drink. Compensation and benefits are confidential so I wouldn't expect any official answer here.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I don't get why you are so interested in other peoples business. I mean if an FA gave an employee a free drink or snack box whooptie dooo. I don't see the real issue and don't see why you want an answer that is really none of your business. I don't see it as being much different than a waiter/waitress/bartender having a free drink or free app. If they proceeded to get drunk for free or drink quite a few that may be an issue but I honestly doubt many employees have more than 1 drink given free or accept more than 1 drink. Compensation and benefits are confidential so I wouldn't expect any official answer here.
But she is hot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.