Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Neil Stronach: Information Regarding Condolence Cards and Letters

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Just saw that Neil Stronach (s.v.p. of Ops Control at Delta) passed away yesterday at age 46. Way too young, he will be missed

IIRC, he was one of the speakers at the 2010 DL DO.

EDIT: Here's the notes from the presentation:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...21-2010-a.html
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Indeed he will be missed...thoughts and prayers with his family.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Wow! So sad, and so young. Yes, he was a speaker at the DO last year.

Thoughts to his family/friends.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Our condolences and prayers with his family and friends at DL. I do remember Neil's well put presentation at the DO last October.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DLroads
Our condolences and prayers with his family and friends at DL. I do remember Neil's well put presentation at the DO last October.
+1 - way too young.

I looked for an obit, and found this from 2006. If this was his son, then his family has had two deaths at a tragically young age.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atl...8906&fhid=5292

David
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Condolences to his family- I remember his presentation at the DO. So young.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
I am deeply saddened to learn of Neil’s passing. I had the chance to talk to Neil about the FT event in 2010 as well as the OCC in general. It is clear he was extremely passionate about his role at Delta, and I am sure he will be greatly missed. My very deepest sympathies to his colleagues at Delta, and most importantly, to his family.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Rest in Peace, Neil.

Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:26 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Unhappy

Thank you Canarsie for posting Neil's pic.
I recognized the name but can now remember him from the ATL DO.
Way too young, he seemed like a really nice guy.
My deepest sympathies to his family.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta 360, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CC,
I would second all that has been said above. I knew Neil and had briefly met him on a number of occasions. He and his family lost their son a few years back, and sadly tragedy has again visited their family. They'll all be in my prayers.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DLroads
I do remember Neil's well put presentation at the DO last October.
One of the better ones of that event.

You could tell that his life was aviation. Really sad to see someone so energetic and devoted depart the world.

Not an easy job to do, his was.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by skoker
Just saw that Neil Stronach (s.v.p. of Ops Control at Delta) passed away yesterday at age 46. Way too young, he will be missed

IIRC, he was one of the speakers at the 2010 DL DO.

EDIT: Here's the notes from the presentation:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...21-2010-a.html
RIP
Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Info regarding condolences cards and letters

We will arrange for delivery of condolences cards and letters directly to the family (in one delivery).

*In NYC:
I will have a card here (in office) for people to sign, and I will make sure to bring it to the LGA/JFK SC later this week. You can also sign/write your own card, and send it- we will forward them all together
(Please PM me for address)

If you do live in the city, you can also coordinate/call me about it (PM for details). My office is 15 minutes from LGA, and I live in Manhattan (so you can easily catch me). Please PM for details as well

*In ATL:
We will arrange to have another card at ATL (in one of the SC, most likely) so that you can sign/write in when you connect at ATL. More details will be posted later.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and his friends at Delta.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Never met Mr. Stronach, but thought those of you who did know him or know of him might appreciate this obituary.

http://www.mowellfuneralhome.com/sit...503958Stronach
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The condolence cards have been received by the wife of Neil Stronach and — from what I understand — she has requested four more copies of the card I created which represents the general thoughts and wishes of FlyerTalk members.

However, I cannot take credit for the condolence cards — it was the idea of DLroads, and his thoughtful gesture has definitely made a positive impact on the family of Neil Stronach. Thank you, DLroads!

I sent a .pdf copy of the card to one of my contacts at Delta Air Lines, as well as a link to this FlyerTalk discussion, a link to the Neil Stronach Presentation 10/21/2010 thread, and a link to the photographs of Neil as taken at the Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event by longing4piedmont, whose photographs are suddenly far more valuable than ever.

This information will eventually be passed on to the widow of Neil Stronach, who may be viewing this thread. If you want to post your condolences, by all means please do so in this thread.

Thank you to all of the FlyerTalk members who contributed to this effort and showed a true sense of caring by our community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.