Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:12 pm
Suspended

drbobguy

who could I possibly be bothering by asking these questions?

(besides someone who may stand to gain by Skymall gatheing FT personal info)

who really needs to calm down?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:13 pm

Do any of you recall the shipper that was used for round 1 for regular shipping?

UPS? USPS? Fedex?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:21 pm
Suspended

drbobguy

Who told you the link was same as last time?

Skymall told flyertalk members to use the link in the email?

How did you find out it would be the same link?

I calmly await your reply.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AirTran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin
**official promotion update**

The SkyMall 25,000 Delta SkyMiles promotion will go live on tomorrow, December 1, 2011. The specific time has yet to be published. A promotional email will be sent out with specific instructions on how, when, and where to participate in this promotion.

Additional information regarding this promotion will be provided within the promotion thread on FlyerTalk once the official email has been sent. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact a SkyMall Airline Program Support Representative via email at [email protected].

Thank you,

Aaron
SkyMall, Inc.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by randomtask123
Do any of you recall the shipper that was used for round 1 for regular shipping?

UPS? USPS? Fedex?
UPS for most orders and USPS for my orders.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMallSpokesperson
The SkyMall 25,000 Delta SkyMiles promotion will go live on tomorrow, December 1, 2011. The specific time has yet to be published. A promotional email will be sent out with specific instructions on how, when, and where to participate in this promotion.

Additional information regarding this promotion will be provided within the promotion thread on FlyerTalk once the official email has been sent. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact a SkyMall Airline Program Support Representative via email at [email protected].

Thank you,

Aaron
SkyMall, Inc.
Thanks Aaron, as usual you are quite helpful and we appreciate your efforts in communication.

It would be great to get a specific time way ahead of time, but I'll be awaiting the email.

Thanks again for being so good in your communication. If things go as wella s last time I think you will find there is tremendous enthusiasm on flyertalk for skymall promos, which I hope you can leverage in your business.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:57 pm

I just posted my SkyMall Analysis spreadsheet that I use to evaluate different scenarios. It includes several sample orders to give you a few ideas of what to order. I have a hunch that when you get a price match, SkyMall will only refund the difference between the retail prices (not the associated sales tax), so this spreadsheet keeps the tax amounts equal in the "Price Match Order Total."

Let me know if you spot an error.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
I just posted my SkyMall Analysis spreadsheet that I use to evaluate different scenarios. It includes several sample orders to give you a few ideas of what to order. I have a hunch that when you get a price match, SkyMall will only refund the difference between the retail prices (not the associated sales tax), so this spreadsheet keeps the tax amounts equal in the "Price Match Order Total."

Let me know if you spot an error.
Very nicely done. May I use this on my Blog? Txs for the work!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I price matched the T3i camera last time, getting a $100 statement credit on my CC. It did not refund the difference in the taxes, so I still ended up paying taxes on the original price.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:49 pm

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact this promotion may go live at 3 a.m. ... unless it doesn't?

It's fine, either way. It's an excellent promotion, and one I'd very much like to be in on. But as a courtesy, the good folks at Delta SkyMall who have apparently leaked the 3 a.m. EST start to one blogger should extend the courtesy to the rest of us now that the reported start time is three hours away.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Am I the only one annoyed by the fact this promotion may go live at 3 a.m. ... unless it doesn't?

It's fine, either way. It's an excellent promotion, and one I'd very much like to be in on. But as a courtesy, the good folks at Delta SkyMall who have apparently leaked the 3 a.m. EST start to one blogger should extend the courtesy to the rest of us now that the reported start time is three hours away.
Aaron has been very clear that they promotion details will be sent out en masse at the begining of the promotion.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:02 pm

Here's where I take issue: If I understand correctly then -- and if I don't, please let me know -- an email will be sent out when the promotion begins. An email shouldn't be sent when the promotion begins. An email should be sent alerting us to when the promotion WILL begin. Again, if I understand correctly as to how this will be done, if I'm not sitting at my computer when this email is sent, I'm probably out of luck, because only the first 1,000 buyers are eligible. That doesn't seem right to me.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
for the price match....will it be honored if the ad sent in shows the item backordered at another store?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Here's where I take issue: If I understand correctly then -- and if I don't, please let me know -- an email will be sent out when the promotion begins. An email shouldn't be sent when the promotion begins. An email should be sent alerting us to when the promotion WILL begin. Again, if I understand correctly as to how this will be done, if I'm not sitting at my computer when this email is sent, I'm probably out of luck, because only the first 1,000 buyers are eligible. That doesn't seem right to me.
Well nearly everyone had a chance to do this the last time around and most people had no interest until those of us who tried it proved how valuable it was. I wouldn't worry so much, you should be fine. This is probably the easiest and most valuable promotion I've ever seen. So much less hassle than the UA Month of Agony Miles, US Air Grand Slam, etc. Be a leaf in the wind. Life will go on even if you miss the promotion, which I bet you won't.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
This is probably the easiest and most valuable promotion I've ever seen. So much less hassle than the UA Month of Agony Miles, US Air Grand Slam, etc. Be a leaf in the wind. Life will go on even if you miss the promotion, which I bet you won't.
I have to disagree in that the Grand Slam is even more lucrative if you can get some hits from normal travel or business travel. 100k US Airways miles could be had for around $300, which I think most on flyertalk would value quite a bit above 100k Delta skymiles. Also the promotion this time around seems much more iffy, i.e. if you want to be sure to get in on it you would want to wake up at 3am EST and stay up for the next 24 hours, since we don't know what time it will start.

But you are right about "the early bird gets the worm." I got 100k skymiles from this in september for a total cost of something like $400. That means roundtrip business class for me from the US to Europe is under $500 even after taxes; an amazing deal.

Still though this is an amazing deal and it seems Aaron and Skymall realize they need to leverage this to attract other people instead of it just being an open-ended offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.