Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Marriott, *wood, Hertz
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
If the site is up tonight, the 1000 cap could be reached pretty quick. Then tomorrow morning when people receive email and only find out the deal is dead already. wow, skymall will be in trouble.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by BoardingPass
If the site is up tonight, the 1000 cap could be reached pretty quick. Then tomorrow morning when people receive email and only find out the deal is dead already. wow, skymall will be in trouble.
++

Seems weird they would only send the email out tomorrow morning, they should have sent it out already and said the deal would be going live at such and such a time (like cybermonday deals did).

That said I have decided to just stay up to 3am tonight, so if it doesn't go live I will be super ultra pissed.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:28 pm

When SkyMall gives a price match, do they also refund the taxes associated with the refunded amount?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by drbobguy
++

Seems weird they would only send the email out tomorrow morning, they should have sent it out already and said the deal would be going live at such and such a time (like cybermonday deals did).

That said I have decided to just stay up to 3am tonight, so if it doesn't go live I will be super ultra pissed.
The 3AM is not a set in stone time - no set time was given. It should go live on their servers at midnight PST but could take longer! I will sleep well tonight and hope they are not all gone at 6AM when I get up normal time. I would be shocked to see all 1000 gone by 6AM but YMMV!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Do some Flyertalk posters get compensated on this?

I noticed a poster who posted 20x+ on this deal (which is limited to a small # of people) & then seemed to be the only source of inside info on the 3am start time?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
The 3AM is not a set in stone time - no set time was given. It should go live on their servers at midnight PST but could take longer! I will sleep well tonight and hope they are not all gone at 6AM when I get up normal time. I would be shocked to see all 1000 gone by 6AM but YMMV!
I appreciate the info deltagoldflyer, and you've given us great updates, but could you relay their exact language?

Was it "it will go live around midnight" or was it more along the lines of "it will go live at the beginning of the day on Dec. 1"

I just don't want to be waiting at 3am wondering if and when this thing is starting.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Why did Skymall give only 1 poster the link?

in advance?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
LAST time how long until the 25,000 miles posted????

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man I might get into this..but not if its only for 1000 purchases...
Suspended

Why did Skymall give only 1 poster the link?

when they told the rest of the board to sign up & wait for the email?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by bthb
in advance?
Calm down bthb, the link is the same one as last time.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Looks like no multiplier for using Delta AMEX?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Looks like no multiplier for using Delta AMEX?
.... I asked Aaron about this last time and this time. No joy. That is why I used my Cap One card last time to make 100% sure no issue at all since I went for 1/4 million points. I see no issue with AMEX card and I bet you just get 1x point per $$$ but YMMV!

I hope next year they can do both - that would rock!^
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:07 pm
Suspended

was there a limit on the last promo?

"Calm down bthb, the link is the same one as last time."
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i was interested but i think i'm out. skymall prices are insanely high on most items and i dont want to take the chance of a price match...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.